Goodbye Jesus

Fucking Christians!

RedStar

A woman who works at my brother's old Christian school came to drop off some things belonging to my brother that the school had on display (my brother left school last year). My brother is openly gay and he and his boyfriend frequently leave messages to each other on facebook. While my mother was talking to this Christian lady I made sure I stayed on the lounge room couch while my mother talked to this woman at the front door because otherwise I would have ripped the woman's head off!!!

Something came up about church and my brother and how we'd been treated by church people because of our support for gays. The Christian lady said it was hard for her to read the things my brother wrote to his boyfriend on facebook. My mother said that when people post things on there that she doesn't like she unsubscribes from them.

The first thing I thought when I heard the woman say this was 'It's hard for YOU??? It's fucking hard for my brother who can't marry his boyfriend because of your fucking religion and its views!!! Don't like what he posts? Don't fucking read it!!!' The thing that really pisses me off about this is the fact that people like her seem to be completely clueless about how SELFISH they are being when they spit out shit like that! My mother kept her cool while talking to this woman, but I wouldn't have, and I told my mother that after the woman left. I also told her that I'm not playing nice with these people anymore, I'm sick of it! It's fine for them to spout their views everywhere but how dare I or anyone else call them out for being unfair and using things they can't prove are true to dictate to other people. RAGE!!!

Wendystop.gifsmileydies.gifvtffani.gifWendybanghead.gif

• Like 8

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Some people are just stupid. It's hard to be gay and face prejudice. It's not hard to read Facebook posts between a young couple.

I don't think I'd have been able to keep quiet either, but some people just don't want to learn.

• Like 2

Again, the fundamental problem with all religions rears its ugly head - the fact that they place the supposed desires of imaginary beings above the real and present needs of flesh-and-blood people.

• Like 6

Before I say this I want to clarify that I am not trying to make this into a political thread: I almost got sick when I heard my aunt talking to her sisters that she was not going to vote for Obama because he came out in support for gay marriage (and this is from an aunt who has never been married and had a kid out of wedlock). It made me sick because I know she was using religion as a basis for being against gay marriage without even knowing a damn thing about homosexuals. It disgusts me that I have bigots in my family.

• Like 2

Sigh.Now I've managed to get into a debate with another woman about it. I think I've managed to be fairly civil though. My comments are next to the red/orange.

7621241898_815011b7dd.jpg

7621242170_206288fd4c.jpg

7621242046_932d6b2dcd.jpg

7621242366_3e49e9eb9c.jpg

7621241756_353f25f7a6.jpg

It has nothing to do with the bible or marriage. It has everything to do with "gays are icky."

I don't suffer hateful idiots anymore.

• Like 2

TSIB!!!!

Maybe your brother should post this on his wall so this woman will put him on ignore and leave him alone forever (we have this in magnet form on our fridge btw; a friend got it for us when he was in Amsterdam a few months ago):

Gay-Jesus.jpg

• Like 1

Word, Redstar! How many times do homophobes claim that "gays" are pushing "their agenda" down their throats? Some muscle-homos oughtta push something else down their throats.

Yep, Christians can be very paranoid people. I like how she ignored the things I said and linked that she didn't like. Lol!

That Jesus magnet is funny!

Word, Redstar! How many times do homophobes claim that "gays" are pushing "their agenda" down their throats?

Whenever I hear a christard make that claim I throw this at them:

Bibles in every motel room

God on our money

Moments of silence (prayer) before public events

Christian cable networks 24/7

Discounts on insurance for being christian

Churches every 6 blocks in every city over 100,000

Christian bookstores in every town over 12,000

God in The Pledge of Allegiance

Televangelists 24/7

Billboards along the highway advertising VBS

Federally recognized Christian holiday

Radioeveangelists 24/7

Religious organizations are tax free

75% of the population claims to be Christian (U.S.)

National day of prayer

God in the National Anthem

• Like 8

Redstart, I am not a regular Facebook user and not sure of something.

How is the Christian woman from your brother's old school able to read the posts of your brother and his friend on FB? Don't you have to "friend". Someone before they can see your wall or whatever it is? Just wondering how that works. I am not all up to par with FB but I thought there were ways of blocking others and just not having them as "friends"

I think you will be well in your rights not to keep your cool anymore if anything like this comes up again.

Oh you got into it with someone else? Lol. Ok. Good for you.

I am mixed up about the FB thing. How do you get to converse with them unless you are "friends"?

or is this a group anyone can join and comment?

But anyway I like what you said to the woman. It is good that we are able to voice our opinion on subjects on the Internet. Sometimes we may feel too intimidated and vulnerable to say in person. I love that we are able to come to Ex-C and talk about things that irk us and bother us.

Share here again IF the woman responds to your post. You did a fab job with yours.

Word, Redstar! How many times do homophobes claim that "gays" are pushing "their agenda" down their throats?

Whenever I hear a christard make that claim I throw this at them:

Bibles in every motel room

God on our money

Moments of silence (prayer) before public events

Christian cable networks 24/7

Discounts on insurance for being christian

Churches every 6 blocks in every city over 100,000

Christian bookstores in every town over 12,000

God in The Pledge of Allegiance

Televangelists 24/7

Billboards along the highway advertising VBS

Federally recognized Christian holiday

Radioeveangelists 24/7

Religious organizations are tax free

75% of the population claims to be Christian (U.S.)

National day of prayer

God in the National Anthem

This is fabulous. We ought to print out a copy of this list and just hand it to the next Christian who starts whining about things.

• Like 1

The Christian lady said it was hard for her to read the things my brother wrote to his boyfriend on facebook.

Why didn't someone tell this asshole that nobody is forcing her to read what your brother writes?Wendyshrug.gifrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

jdog, this woman and I have a friend in common and the discussion was taking place on his wall. When you have a friend on Facebook and you post on their wall their friends can see what you post but can't see what you post on your own wall if you have your settings so that only your friends can see what's on your profile.

Why didn't someone tell this asshole that nobody is forcing her to read what your brother writes?Wendyshrug.gifrolleyes.gif

Lol, I know! "I don't have to read any of his posts but I do anyway and it's hard for me". So much fail!

I dislike all FB lovey dovey notes between couples equally, and I see so many penises in that FB conversation.

I love how the second person (facebook) thinks that freedom of religion = the right to dictate what others do.

You stupid Christians, you aren't the ones being oppressed, YOU are oppressing the gays!!

• Like 3

I love how the second person (facebook) thinks that freedom of religion = the right to dictate what others do.

You stupid Christians, you aren't the ones being oppressed, YOU are oppressing the gays!!

And people of other religions. And atheists. And anyone that isn't them and doesn't lick Jeebus asshole.

And they certainly don't know what freedom of religion actually means.

603526_439872792709856_1026012358_n.jpg

• Like 2

Sigh.Now I've managed to get into a debate with another woman about it. I think I've managed to be fairly civil though. My comments are next to the red/orange.

Nicely done, RS! So frustrating to endure the hate.

I am infuriated that *straight* people are deciding for everyone else. It's like someone who never gets migraine headaches deciding that those who do get them do so only by choice and should not take medication to assuage them. (I used this analogy because it is my life, and because people who get migraine headaches actually have slightly different wiring in their brains [fMRI reveals this), and because non-migraineurs have no clue what it's like and often point fingers at us and blame the sufferer.) Straight people have no fucking clue what it's like to be gay. It makes me want to weep!

And I was so saddened to read that your dear brother tried to pray the gay away. To every Christian I ask: Why won't God answer these prayers?

I have two gay cousins. One is finally in a serious relationship and has posted 'couple' pictures on FB. I "Like" every one of them and write affirming comments. I am the only member of our fundagelical family to even recognize the relationship on FB.

I am straight, but OMG, this issue was one of several that drove me from Christianity.

• Like 2

I am infuriated that *straight* people are deciding for everyone else. It's like someone who never gets migraine headaches deciding that those who do get them do so only by choice and should not take medication to assuage them. (I used this analogy because it is my life, and because people who get migraine headaches actually have slightly different wiring in their brains [fMRI reveals this), and because non-migraineurs have no clue what it's like and often point fingers at us and blame the sufferer.) Straight people have no fucking clue what it's like to be gay. It makes me want to weep!

This is so dead-on. I suffer from migraines as well, and have been blamed for them. I was fired from one job, because the boss was convinced I was "faking it" to miss work. I didn't get paid when I didn't work, what the fuck good would that do me? Just as what the hell does anyone have to gain by "choosing" to be gay??! People are awful to you, your religion tells you you're fundamentally wrong, and christards think someone would willingly go through all that bullshit? Yeah, like I willingly get migraines, feel like my brain is trying to crawl out of my eye sockets, and I puke until I just get bile. I CHOOSE THAT SHIT.

Yeah, the analogy works on that level.

• Like 2

Again, the fundamental problem with all religions rears its ugly head - the fact that they place the supposed desires of imaginary beings above the real and present needs of flesh-and-blood people.

Wow, that's great. I'm writing that down for later. :-)

Maybe your brother should post this on his wall so this woman will put him on ignore and leave him alone forever (we have this in magnet form on our fridge btw; a friend got it for us when he was in Amsterdam a few months ago):

Gay-Jesus.jpg

Apparently, gay Jesus ain't got no junk.

• Like 1

You guys will love this, I just totally owned her!!! Again, my comments are in the red:

7625595746_befebef9a4.jpg

7625595602_8776eafd11.jpg

7625595940_8c88f70b35.jpg

7625596138_5f7155c35b.jpg

7625596484_f968042b3d.jpg

7625596300_5429843ba6.jpg

7625596706_30e9e98056.jpg

7625595456_64457eea0f.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like she couldn't debate me anymore so she quit. I win! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gifwoohoo.gif

7625667746_d2678c9aa7.jpg

• Like 2