Goodbye Jesus

Chick-Fil-A, Gays And My Mother

Citsonga

She sounds just like my mom.

You can't fix stupid.

By the way, I suspect that she'll try to turn the tables and say that I'm bigoted for not tolerating her view, even though she's the one on the side of limiting a societal segment's rights. I don't have a problem with her freedom to think what she wants to think, but she has a problem with certain people wanting to marry someone they love, merely on the grounds of having the same physical plumbing.

Equating homosexuals with pedophiles is classic bigotry. She probably thinks of them as the same, which is indeed bigoted and ignorant.

I genuinely hope your mother isn't hateful towards gay people, but she is bigoted.

• Like 1

Good for you for correcting her misunderstanding of bigotry. You can't let people misuse language to cover themselves.

That business has a lovely chicken sandwich and some delicious waffle fries, but they will get no more of my business.

• Like 1

Why aren't these guys who support "Biblical marriage" also fighting to make polygamy and child marriage legal? If God was cool with King David having 8 wives then its good enough for the rest of us.

Why aren't these guys who support "Biblical marriage" also fighting to make polygamy and child marriage legal? If God was cool with King David having 8 wives then its good enough for the rest of us.

Oh yeah! And I'm gonna add this to the mix, something new I learned the other day. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endogamy Endogamy, it opens up all kinds of crazy.

I can deal with people not liking gays, that's fine, you don't have to be my friend. But to always classify us as something sinister. We always get classified with something illegal like murder, molesters, rapists. And people always assume that we have no idea what a family is or should be like. The minute people start talking like that I know they have no clue. It only takes a moment to stop and see that gays grow up in families, we are raised to be straight. So if we are criminals, then that is how we were raised, by straight criminals. It makes no sense.

My parents, like most people, did not kill, rape or molest people and then teach us to do the same. It's just as absurd as the claim that we will want to marry our dog or car. People just overract so they can think they are "right" and superior by claiming the ridiculous. Then again these people usually believe in all that xianity has to offer, so I guess ridiculous is the standard by which they judge.

Personally my imaginary friend left when I was 5 and he was never responsible for a global flood, he was a nice imaginary friend. :D

• Like 1

Morality does not come from the bible thats why.

Chick-Fil-A, Gays And My Mother

... sounds like a great sit-com!

• Like 2

Sounds like my mom as well. BRAVO to you for the way you have dealt with this issue with your mom.

And I do think Boston is awesome for standing up for Gay rights and not letting a Chic-Fil-A continue such a terrible idea.

I also like the Dixie Chicks Idea--Make Chic-Fil-A the new "GAY" hang-out

I also like the Dixie Chicks Idea--Make Chic-Fil-A the new "GAY" hang-out

Hadn't heard about that, but it would be kinda funny, although it would mean that gays would be funding a company that degrades them. Out of curiosity, are the Dixie Chicks lesbians (or one of them)?

I think you handled the matter firmly but with as much gentleness as one could hope.

The fundies' latest dance move is demanding you tolerate their intolerance. It's the last-drink call of the Christian party against gays. I hope.

Well done for standing up against your mother, takes guts. It doesn't hurt to challenge them and let them know that other people's views are valid even if they don't like it. I also think it's ironic that she didn't know what bigotry actually meant lol

As part of its recent efforts to publicly align itself with fundamentalist Christian values, the Chick-fil-A restaurant chain announced today the debut of its new Queer-Hatin' Cordon Bleu sandwich that would be on sale in all of the company's 1,600 restaurants this Wednesday.

In a press conference to reporters, company representatives said the homophobic new sandwich will include the national fast food chain’s trademark fried chicken filet wrapped in a piece of specially-smoked No Homo ham that would be topped with a slice of Swiss cheese and lathered in a creamy new Thousand Island-based Fag Punching sauce.

"The Queer-Hatin' Cordon Bleu is our company's way of showing our firm commitment to strong, Christian family values," said Chick-fil-A spokesman Robert Gary, before adding that the vehemently anti-gay rights sandwich comes served in a combo with waffle fries and a medium soda for just $6.95. "From the very first morsel of this savory meal to the very last bite, customers can envision gays burning in hell with their sodomizing cohorts, and know that our sandwich is on their side.”

http://www.theonion.com/articles/chickfila-debuts-new-homophobic-sandwich,28888/

• Like 4

You know, when I was a teenager, everybody wanted to work at the Chik-Fil-A in the mall--not because it was just sooooo Christian. Not even because the food was good. No, they all wanted jobs there because you got Sundays off. It didn't occur to me till years later that the Sunday thing was about Christianity. As the religion's gotten more and more polarized, the owners' insistence on pushing their Christian cocks in people's faces got more and more pronounced. So when I walked into one in Atlanta after years of being away from cities that had them, it only took me 10 seconds to realize that I was standing in a church annex. I still visited Chik-Fil-A, though, till I knew what my money was indirectly funding. The owners can be as bigoted as they want and deprive themselves of Sunday sales if it makes them happy, but the moment they start giving money to movements that are actively trying to deny civil rights to people, that's the moment I stop giving them money to spend in such places.

• Like 2

When I applied there, one summer off from college, I walked out after being badgered about church attendance by the interviewing manager. Haven't been back since. If they can't handle me being a heathen, they can fuck right off.

When I applied there, one summer off from college, I walked out after being badgered about church attendance by the interviewing manager. Haven't been back since. If they can't handle me being a heathen, they can fuck right off.

Wow! They're not an official religious organization, so that was completely illegal. Of course, I guess that laws don't matter if you serve that Lawd.

I'm still going through waffle-fry withdrawal...it figures that after I've made a vow not to eat somewhere I start craving it.

My parents don't know of my little mini-protest going on with CFA but I can't say they'd be surprised. They still see me as an uber liberal xtian or deist or something. My cousin who works at a CFA in Florida knows about my protest and is fine with it.

Your mom actually sounds like my dad. My mom just goes "But being gay is unnatural."

I think Boston should absolutely block Chick-a-filla from opening a restaurant. I agree with freedom of speech, but I wouldn't want a business run by neo-nazis or KKK members in my city. You have to take a hard stance against people who hate because they are amoral, heartless and conscienceless and cannot be appealed to with sense, logic, or empathy.

However, I do stand for family values in the same way I don't believe in abortion but I don't hate those who do - they are to be pitied cause they don't seem to understand that what they are doing is wrong.

Fuck you, you sick Christian cow.

A good friend of mine worked for CFA for years, and she said the work conditions there were horrible. Things like mocking employees for their weight, health code violations, and harassing employees when they pointed out said violations to management. I was about ready to boycott them anyway, and this whole gay thing is the straw that has broken the camel's back. Which is a real shame, because I am fucking addicted to their waffle fries. :(

I haven't eaten at a Chick-Fil-A in years (not since I left Georgia), but I still miss the waffle fries sometimes.

I haven't eaten at a Chick-Fil-A in years (not since I left Georgia), but I still miss the waffle fries sometimes.

And here I thought you didn't know shit about fries since you came out in favor of those Arby's abominations. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

And here I thought you didn't know shit about fries since you came out in favor of those Arby's abominations. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I have eclectic taste in fries. :)

Fortunately, we do have an ice cream/hot dog joint just a few minutes from me that has waffle fries that are every bit as good as the ones from Chick-Fil-A, so when I get a real craving I know where I can go to get them.

Not that I am suggesting anyone consume so many fries that you need heart surgery :o, but I do understand the need to have access to excellent fries. You could always look up secret recipies online and see if they exist. I know I ran into the chicken sandwich on the Food(?) network one time. I was looking for Friday's fries when they used to have garlic on them many years ago. And their tempura green beans, ADDICTING!!!

I'm not patient enough to make my own fries.

Not only could you make your own, they could be even better, mmmmmm! And chik-fil-a can still suk it without your money! :D

You could even email them pictures of your yummy homemade fries and tell them you are boycotting all xian hatemongers.