Goodbye Jesus

Chick-Fil-A, Gays And My Mother

Citsonga

I just had to go and look up what waffle fries are on Wikipedia. You learn something new every day!

You have to try them to get the full effect. Just reading about them isn't enough. Hopefully there's a place that sells them where you are that isn't some homophobic right-wing puppet.

Ah, and the lies start. Because that's so christian.

http://queenofjacks....artnership-with

"Thou shalt not lie unless it art convenient to thou, or if thine business or church can maketh a profit from it." - Jesus. I think it got a bit lost in translation but the message is still there.

• Like 2

A good friend of mine worked for CFA for years, and she said the work conditions there were horrible. Things like mocking employees for their weight, health code violations, and harassing employees when they pointed out said violations to management. I was about ready to boycott them anyway, and this whole gay thing is the straw that has broken the camel's back. Which is a real shame, because I am fucking addicted to their waffle fries. sad.png

The old manager at my Godiva store told me some pretty horrible health code violations happened at CFA too.

Their chicken sandwiches with a slice of cheese on top are pretty friggin awesome as well. I read an article by Hemant Mehta where he said:

Maybe this is my most controversial thing I will ever say on this site, but I think Chick-Fil-A is entirely overrated, and no matter how many of my Southern friends tell me differently, I am not waiting in an absurdly long line at the single store in Chicago for a piece of fried chicken with a pickle on it.

He just...he just doesn't get it. I'm going to miss being able to just pick up a gallon of their sweet tea there too...

Damage control. They suck at it.

500ff141152e2.jpeg

Holy shit! "Abby Farle" just got pwned!

• Like 1

Holy shit! "Abby Farle" just got pwned!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

What a nincompoop

Their chicken sandwiches with a slice of cheese on top are pretty friggin awesome as well. I read an article by Hemant Mehta where he said:

Maybe this is my most controversial thing I will ever say on this site, but I think Chick-Fil-A is entirely overrated, and no matter how many of my Southern friends tell me differently, I am not waiting in an absurdly long line at the single store in Chicago for a piece of fried chicken with a pickle on it.

He just...he just doesn't get it. I'm going to miss being able to just pick up a gallon of their sweet tea there too...

I've got to say, having never had a CFA anything, as I live in Oz, those sandwiches sound disgusting to me. When I think of a sandwich I'd pay money for, I'm thinking fresh bread, fresh lettuce, tomato, cheese, mayonnaise, ham... Now that is a sandwich I'd pay money for. Mmmmmm. Might have to put some ingredients on the shopping list this week, and have some sangers.

I've seen some nice recipes for CFA-type sandwiches; they all share in common marinating a pounded chicken breast in pickle juice, which seems like it'd do the trick, then just double-breading it (flour, then egg, then more flour) and frying it. Other than that, CFA sandwiches are just the chicken, buttered/toasted bun, and the long pickle(s). Nothing else. The waffle fries do tend to be really good, and the lemonade is great. I liked just about everything there. But likely most of it would taste even better homemade.

Usually Australian slang just makes me swoooooooon, but this does not push my thrill buttons. Please to be explaining a bit more about these "sangers" ;)

I've got to say, having never had a CFA anything, as I live in Oz, those sandwiches sound disgusting to me.

If you like chicken, you would like a Chik-Fil-A sandwich. It's like your mouth went to Heaven. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I'd rather have a shrimp po-boy.

Usually Australian slang just makes me swoooooooon, but this does not push my thrill buttons. Please to be explaining a bit more about these "sangers" wink.png

Hmmm, those look interesting... and different.

I've never had a chik tract-fil-a anything before. By the time I went anyplace where there was one I was a vegetarian. I do love me some waffle fries though. You can find them various places, the fair used to be the best.

Sangers in british slang is Butty. I prefer the word sangers, butty is not an appealing term, and this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_butty is not an appealing butty. WTF Britian?

I've seen some nice recipes for CFA-type sandwiches; they all share in common marinating a pounded chicken breast in pickle juice, which seems like it'd do the trick, then just double-breading it (flour, then egg, then more flour) and frying it. Other than that, CFA sandwiches are just the chicken, buttered/toasted bun, and the long pickle(s). Nothing else. The waffle fries do tend to be really good, and the lemonade is great. I liked just about everything there. But likely most of it would taste even better homemade.

Usually Australian slang just makes me swoooooooon, but this does not push my thrill buttons. Please to be explaining a bit more about these "sangers" wink.png

A sanger is, quite simply, any type of sandwich. Two slices of bread and whatever the hell you want to put in between them. Some people even like to have a tomato sauce sanger, though it's usually little kids who like that one. It's pronounced sang-er. And not to be confused with a snag, which is a sausage. Just a sausage, no innuendo included. Does that help? smile.png

Oh, and a scambled egg sanger is totally acceptable, as is a curried egg sanger :)

I've never had a chik tract-fil-a anything before. By the time I went anyplace where there was one I was a vegetarian. I do love me some waffle fries though. You can find them various places, the fair used to be the best.

Sangers in british slang is Butty. I prefer the word sangers, butty is not an appealing term, and this http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Chip_butty is not an appealing butty. WTF Britian?

Hot chips and tomato sauce between buttered slices of bread is something a lot of people eat over here. Actually, a lot of people will put french fries on their burger from McDonald's. Totally acceptable. Also acceptable is chips and gravy between two buttered slices of bread. Mmmmm, yum. :)

Mmmmm

Pb&j sangers.

Mmmmm

Pb&j sangers.

See, that is one that never really caught on here. Perhaps because we first have to work out that what you call jelly is not what we call jelly. Over here, it would be a peanut butter and jam sanger. What we call jelly is what you guys I think refer to as Jell-o.

Do you have any idea how many years I spent confused by peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Why the fuck would anyone go to the effort of making up some jelly and then putting it on a sanger with peanut butter? And how gross?! As a kid, everytime I came across a reference to it in a book by an American writer, I'd walk around confused for the rest of the day, which happened a lot, considering my sister's Baby-Sitter's Club collection!

Sangers in british slang is Butty. I prefer the word sangers, butty is not an appealing term, and this http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Chip_butty is not an appealing butty. WTF Britian?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bum+a+fag

That is all.

See, that is one that never really caught on here. Perhaps because we first have to work out that what you call jelly is not what we call jelly. Over here, it would be a peanut butter and jam sanger. What we call jelly is what you guys I think refer to as Jell-o.

That would be confusing. Over here we have jelly, jam and preserves, which are all similar. Personally, I make my PB&J sandwiches with preserves instead of jelly, because preserves tend to have more fruit in them. Jell-o, of course, wouldn't work well on a sandwich, so I can understand wondering about the references if that's what's called jelly over there.

I think Boston should absolutely block Chick-a-filla from opening a restaurant. I agree with freedom of speech, but I wouldn't want a business run by neo-nazis or KKK members in my city. You have to take a hard stance against people who hate because they are amoral, heartless and conscienceless and cannot be appealed to with sense, logic, or empathy.

As far as I know, CFA's president has not physically harmed anyone. While I greatly detest his bigoted stance on homosexuality, I cannot agree with the notion of squelching his freedom of speech and freedom of religious expression. If we support the undermining of freedom of speech and personal religious views, where will it end? Most of society would want to silence us skeptics, atheists, agnostics, etc., so we'd be shit out of luck. Using legislative power to punish someone for merely making a statement, even if bigoted, is not the way to go. What would be better would be if society would continue waking up regarding such bigotry and simply boycott CFA because of his remarks.

http://www.urbandict...?term=bum a fag

That is all.

We'd understand that phrase over here. You'd just want a cigarette. No biggie.

That would be confusing. Over here we have jelly, jam and preserves, which are all similar. Personally, I make my PB&J sandwiches with preserves instead of jelly, because preserves tend to have more fruit in them. Jell-o, of course, wouldn't work well on a sandwich, so I can understand wondering about the references if that's what's called jelly over there.

We have marmalade, which is like the orange version of preserves, but we have other flavours too, just can't think of what we call them right now. Might be preserves. I don't know, can't think for shit at the moment, and I never eat that shit anyway.

I think Boston should absolutely block Chick-a-filla from opening a restaurant. I agree with freedom of speech, but I wouldn't want a business run by neo-nazis or KKK members in my city. You have to take a hard stance against people who hate because they are amoral, heartless and conscienceless and cannot be appealed to with sense, logic, or empathy.

As far as I know, CFA's president has not physically harmed anyone. While I greatly detest his bigoted stance on homosexuality, I cannot agree with the notion of squelching his freedom of speech and freedom of religious expression. If we support the undermining of freedom of speech and personal religious views, where will it end? Most of society would want to silence us skeptics, atheists, agnostics, etc., so we'd be shit out of luck. Using legislative power to punish someone for merely making a statement, even if bigoted, is not the way to go. What would be better would be if society would continue waking up regarding such bigotry and simply boycott CFA because of his remarks.

Sure, he has a right to his opinions and what-not, but he DOES NOT have a right to a business license, which is what he is being denied in Boston.

http://www.urbandict...?term=bum a fag

That is all.

That is like a comedy routine. :lmao: And unless you understand slang in multiple countries, none of it would be funny. That could be whipped into a "who's on first" skit.