Goodbye Jesus

Chick-Fil-A, Gays And My Mother

Citsonga

Hot chips and tomato sauce between buttered slices of bread is something a lot of people eat over here.

Ewww,,, Wendytwitch.gif

Perhaps because we first have to work out that what you call jelly is not what we call jelly. Over here, it would be a peanut butter and jam sanger. What we call jelly is what you guys I think refer to as Jell-o.

We have jam too. Jam is fruit preserves. Jelly is more of a fruit juice with gelatin. What the heck is a sanger is that new slang for sandwich?

Perhaps because we first have to work out that what you call jelly is not what we call jelly. Over here, it would be a peanut butter and jam sanger. What we call jelly is what you guys I think refer to as Jell-o.

We have marmalade, which is like the orange version of preserves, but we have other flavours too, just can't think of what we call them right now.

Same as the US. In Russia, however, 'marmalad' is all jams and jellies. When I was first offered it, I expectted orange and didn't get it. smile.png

next time you're in australia try the filipino fur-burger

If that's not a euphemism, it should be.

I actually could care less about the CEO's opinion. Or his religion for that matter. What I do oppose of any business, is using that money to fund the hate of any group what so ever. If you want to make a difference in the world, fund medical research, or environmental changes. Hey, let's get rid of oil! :) If he wants to use his personal money, fine, whatever, just not the companies money.

But when you give money that I the customer contributed to, in the name of destroying something, like basic human rights, I completely object.

Now I understand that this guy and christards like him think they are doing something "good", it's not lost on me. But the message a boycott sends is, "you and your religion are promoting hate". The truth is, religion does harm to society, we all here at Ex-C know that. And regardless of the christards accepting that or not, we need to publicly let them know that fostering the harm to any group of people will put your business in jeopardy.

I'm not saying that chik tract-fil-a will go bankrupt because of this, but people are pissed and they want some sort of consequence for this company. Maybe all the donations they gave will be lost in boycott revenue. That would be nice, even if it is an unrealistic expectation.

I wouldn't trade the rights of a gay person, latino, woman, single parent, or anyone else you can think of for a fast food meal. That's really what it all comes down to in the end.

• Like 4

I'm not saying that chik tract-fil-a will go bankrupt because of this, but people are pissed and they want some sort of consequence for this company. Maybe all the donations they gave will be lost in boycott revenue. That would be nice, even if it is an unrealistic expectation.

I don't think it's unrealistic at all. Personally, I think Chick-Fil-A has signed their own corporate death warrant with this.

And personally, I would be delighted to see the company crash and burn. IMNSHO, it's a matter of "when" rather than "if."

Disclaimer: Technically I don't have a dog in this fight because I know of no Canadian franchises of this despicable company, but I was on the front lines lobbying for gay marriage in Canada. It's simply appalling that anyone would try to obstruct 2 adults in love from marrying each other.

I don't think it's unrealistic at all. Personally, I think Chick-Fil-A has signed their own corporate death warrant with this.

And personally, I would be delighted to see the company crash and burn. IMNSHO, it's a matter of "when" rather than "if."

Disclaimer: Technically I don't have a dog in this fight because I know of no Canadian franchises of this despicable company, but I was on the front lines lobbying for gay marriage in Canada. It's simply appalling that anyone would try to obstruct 2 adults in love from marrying each other.

I too would be delighted, not just because of gay rights but because these fucktards run their company based on the bible as opposed to the law of the US. They really are playing with fire with their attitude on this. I think that's why so many people are more angry at this restaurant compared to boycotts I have been a part of in the past. These guys are shoving it in everyone's faces and acting superior and smug, that will cost them some bucks.

This article is pretty good about their attitude. http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/07/26/589841/memo-to-the-media-and-the-ambivalent-chick-fil-a-condemns-discriminates-and-campaigns-against-lgbt-people/?mobile=nc

I'm totally fine with the CEO being a freakin' nut job, if it only stopped there. Just like how crazy Dr. Bronner was. His kids even left the crazy shit on the soap bottles in his memory. But the crazy stopped there for him. He never funded any hate groups that I am aware of.

Sometimes I think that the fundies don't want us gays to marry each other because they are jealous that we will have happier marriages than they do. Why else would you stop people from being happy? Jealousy?

I'm not a fan of freaky art but "Piss Christ" comes to mind when I hear these nut jobs acting like this.

We have jam too. Jam is fruit preserves. Jelly is more of a fruit juice with gelatin. What the heck is a sanger is that new slang for sandwich?

Someone skipped a page or two in this thread :P

Sanger is Aussie slang for a sandwich, that's all :)

Someone skipped a page or two in this thread tongue.png

Sanger is Aussie slang for a sandwich, that's all smile.png

Man, you guys are all screwed up. I've also recently learned that you think a cookie is a biscuit. :)

Damage control. They suck at it.

500ff141152e2.jpeg

OHHHHHHH! would love to be on that facebook page. Kudos to robert.. How the hell do you even figure that one out. Robert must be a free thinker no way he's a christian. even a facebook profile pic cant slip past him.

Why the fuck does she throw John 3:16 in at the end of her stupid ass comment anyway? Is she at the super bowl? Er, sorry, "the big game"?

Man, you guys are all screwed up. I've also recently learned that you think a cookie is a biscuit. smile.png

Yep, sure do :) Cookies, biscuits, bikkies, all the same thing :)

Man, you guys are all screwed up. I've also recently learned that you think a cookie is a biscuit. smile.png

Yep, sure do smile.png Cookies, biscuits, bikkies, all the same thing smile.png

Well, I'll have to disabuse you guys of your ignorance. This is a biscuit:

biscuits.jpg

In the south they eat them with sausage gravy:

sausage-gravy-for-biscuits-and-gravy-08.jpg

Now I'm hungry.

Just like how crazy Dr. Bronner was. His kids even left the crazy shit on the soap bottles in his memory.

THE SOAP WOULDN'T WORK WITHOUT THE HIPPIE CRAY CRAY ON THE BOTTLES!

:HaHa: Sorry, I have a total silly attachment from childhood to that wonderful soap and the crazy bottles. It wouldn't be the same without the crazy.

Just like how crazy Dr. Bronner was. His kids even left the crazy shit on the soap bottles in his memory.

THE SOAP WOULDN'T WORK WITHOUT THE HIPPIE CRAY CRAY ON THE BOTTLES!

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif Sorry, I have a total silly attachment from childhood to that wonderful soap and the crazy bottles. It wouldn't be the same without the crazy.

I was really glad when his son found a way to keep it on there and readable. The paper labels would never hold up. I love the eucalyptus.

biscuits.jpg

That's a scone. It just has a different shape.

If we are going to discuss bikkies I want some. :)

• Like 1

A really fun game with foreigners is recalling sounds animals make. You would be shocked at how people from other countries learned animal sounds when they were kids. And, they are usually shocked at how you hear them.

For example, in Russia, dogs don't bark or say 'woof' they say 'gaf, gaf, gaf' and a rooster says cookiddycoo.

This thread is totally hijacked Wendyeaves.gif

Hijacked is cool. We are all rebels on this website after all.

Funny, on topic find.

50096889d1fbc.jpg

• Like 1

biscuits.jpg

If we are going to discuss bikkies I want some. smile.png

That's definitely a scone :) Usually eaten with jam and cream over here :)

However, Coles supermarket's bakery has started making cheese and chives scones, and they are incredible!

Over here scones are usually triangular. Not sure why.

Cheese and chives sounds good. This thread is making me hungry. yum.gif

She sounds like a bitch. My mom is also against anything that has to do with homosexuality.

biscuits.jpg

If we are going to discuss bikkies I want some. smile.png

That's definitely a scone smile.png Usually eaten with jam and cream over here smile.png

However, Coles supermarket's bakery has started making cheese and chives scones, and they are incredible!

Read the word in the image. Has Stephanie Jaworski ever lied to you?

:)

The one's I've had have been deep fried, where biscuits are baked. My mom used to make scones with honey butter.

By the way, I suspect that she'll try to turn the tables and say that I'm bigoted for not tolerating her view, even though she's the one on the side of limiting a societal segment's rights. I don't have a problem with her freedom to think what she wants to think, but she has a problem with certain people wanting to marry someone they love, merely on the grounds of having the same physical plumbing.

Quote from my cousin's wife on Facebook:

So let me see if I get this......it's ok for people to have their own opinion and people should be tolerant of others, as long as it takes the side of liberal views....do I understand it correctly?

It is ok for you to think and talk about whatever you want, but as soon as what you think and talk about negatively impacts those who do NOTHING WRONG (absolutely nothing to be exact), you really need to reevaluate your stance on some issues.

Thank you Vlog Brothers. You said it all.

The one's I've had have been deep fried, where biscuits are baked. My mom used to make scones with honey butter.

I have never encountered deep fried scones. That's a new one on me. I actually hate American scones, they are always unappealing to me, and I love breads. These were the last ones I ever ate. They are famous. http://www.fisherscones.com/Products.aspx

I would be very interested to try deep fried scones. I would also like to have real English or Australian scones just to see the difference.

biscuits.jpg

In the south they eat them with sausage gravy:

sausage-gravy-for-biscuits-and-gravy-08.jpg

Now I'm hungry.

DAMN YOU VIGILE! Now I want biscuits and gravy... *whine*

• Like 1