Goodbye Jesus

Just Leave The Poor Man Alone.

Kaiser01

So today we had a security guy form the Devcon security come to our house offering a free deal with their security system that will basically give us the most advanced package for security available for common household use. Well i'm sitting in the pool and my parents are talking to the guy selling the product and he is real nice, but i can tell he is also good at selling stuff, but that's beside the point.

Well so my dad brings up his recent mission trip to Honduras, i know where this is going so i dry off and go inside, my parents sat there and bothered this poor man about religion for 3 hours. It is not until 9:30 at night when this man gets to go home, he got here at 6:30. I felt so mad for this poor guy that they would waste his time like that, i mean seriously, its late he is probably tired and he wants to go home. He said he had a family and i'm sure their wondering where he is at. But no we got to save this man soul.

Oh geesh that is bad, the poor guy. Did your parents buy any security system? Or did The guy lose three hours of his life and not make a sale too?

Why do they need a security system? Is the house not protected by angels?

• Like 6

I felt so mad for this poor guy that they would waste his time like that.

Don't, he's outside sales. His job is to waste people's time and trick them into buying his crap. I find it humorously ironic.

This is also why the "Bible Salesman" is a popular symbol in fiction and writing.

(no offense to any of you outside salesmen here, but that's why I couldn't do the job)

• Like 4

ROFL!! That's a good one!

So today we had a security guy form the Devcon security come to our house offering a free deal with their security system that will basically give us the most advanced package for security available for common household use. Well i'm sitting in the pool and my parents are talking to the guy selling the product and he is real nice, but i can tell he is also good at selling stuff, but that's beside the point.

Well so my dad brings up his recent mission trip to Honduras, i know where this is going so i dry off and go inside, my parents sat there and bothered this poor man about religion for 3 hours. It is not until 9:30 at night when this man gets to go home, he got here at 6:30. I felt so mad for this poor guy that they would waste his time like that, i mean seriously, its late he is probably tired and he wants to go home. He said he had a family and i'm sure their wondering where he is at. But no we got to save this man soul.

I'm asking the same thing as Jdog - did they buy it? And, was it one of those things they say is free initially but turns out to cost money?

THIS.

• Like 1

Oh geesh that is bad, the poor guy. Did your parents buy any security system? Or did The guy lose three hours of his life and not make a sale too?

No they bought it, at least he made a sale.

Well, then, I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. Apparently, he thought his commission would be worth 3 hours of godtalk. And/or he didn't mind the conversation with your parents because otherwise he would have given some excuse (like another appointment to get to) and left.

A moments glance at this common tale is enough to convince me that the "faith" or your parents that God is looking after them is actually a bit of a sham if they need wordly security systems to protect them and they are surely ignoring the parable of the sparrows... You might point this out to them that if they are worried about wordly goods that thieves break in and steal then their focus is surely on the wrong things no? lol.... might be something to point out to them.

• Like 1

A moments glance at this common tale is enough to convince me that the "faith" or your parents that God is looking after them is actually a bit of a sham if they need wordly security systems to protect them and they are surely ignoring the parable of the sparrows... You might point this out to them that if they are worried about wordly goods that thieves break in and steal then their focus is surely on the wrong things no? lol.... might be something to point out to them.

It's comments like yours that have made me SSSOOO happy I found this site because: While some atheists may have never been theists in the first place and can translate various bible verses in the literal sense, the folks around here like you and others who were xtians before can do so BOTH literally and from what the church would call a 'spiritual' meaning. This makes the folks around here devastatingly great at debates with bible thumpers.
  • Like 2

THIS.

THAT!

THIS.

THAT!

You two are just silly.

Dontcha know all you need to do is own a bible, and nail a cross to your wall.

As long as you accept jesus into your heart, it's all good. :o

THIS.

THAT!

SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT!

• Like 1

I never let a salesperson into my house and I NEVER buy on the same day. I did let a cute blond saleslady into my home last year who tried to pitch me a security system. I didn't buy it though. But she sure was a cutey!

I'm sure the salesman in the OP's parent's case earned a nice commission and could afford to waste the three hours.

I used to get mad at the salespeople. But really, it was me - - letting the attributes of their personality and delivery get ahead of taking the time to crunch the numbers and see if it really works with my budget and anticipated future income. They DO NOT want us to think it over because 9 times out of 10 most of the people that buy their stuff either don't need it or could probably get the equivalent benefit somewhere else more economically.

I hope it wasn't one of those systems that detects CO and all that other stuff too. Some gamer friends of mine got it--for a gaming sesh we walked in on the salesman wrapping up his speech and had to watch B5 reruns while he was finishing up the paperwork, and the next week they had had it installed and already loved getting it, at least till a year later when its internal battery thingie died and it began emitting a weird super-loud high-pitched beep at random intervals about an hour apart. They couldn't afford to fix the thing so just lived with it. I had no idea how they and their two school-aged kids even slept in that house. I couldn't have. I've got the hearing of a cocker spaniel. We had to stop gaming at their house. A year later we heard it was still doing that as they still hadn't gotten round to fixing it. I swear the story will end on the 6 o'clock news with the tagline "Sixth-Grader Wigs Out and Slays Her Entire Family." All that to say that outdoor salesman can kiss my ass, and I'd never buy a product from one. Also, did you catch my logical fallacy?

THIS.

THAT!

You two are just silly.

As long as you accept jesus into your heart, it's all good. ohmy.png

You forgot the annointing oil. Whatever would Zephie say? PageofCupsNono.gif

THIS.

THAT!

You two are just silly.

As long as you accept jesus into your heart, it's all good. ohmy.png

You forgot the annointing oil. Whatever would Zephie say? PageofCupsNono.gif

Darn! That's why I keep catching demons stealing my shit at night. :(

Oh and I forgot we need to sacrifice a chicken as well to seal the deal.

Zephie, we need some oil and fried chicken please. :)

• Like 1

He could have left earlier. :-) That's his own fault.

A fun tidbit about alarm systems. The cops generally don't bust their ass to get to your house when the alarm goes off since 99.9% of these activations are false. The wind blows, the alarm goes off. Power bump and all the alarms in a whole area of town will activate.

I never let a salesperson into my house and I NEVER buy on the same day. I did let a cute blond saleslady into my home last year who tried to pitch me a security system. I didn't buy it though. But she sure was a cutey!

I'm sure the salesman in the OP's parent's case earned a nice commission and could afford to waste the three hours.

I used to get mad at the salespeople. But really, it was me - - letting the attributes of their personality and delivery get ahead of taking the time to crunch the numbers and see if it really works with my budget and anticipated future income. They DO NOT want us to think it over because 9 times out of 10 most of the people that buy their stuff either don't need it or could probably get the equivalent benefit somewhere else more economically.

My ex the hoarder used to make appointments for salespeople to come over and pitch stuff. We got a few outrageously priced things that way. I decided one day though after her and her kid's eyes had glazed over with this salesman's pitch for an absurdly priced product I said, "No thanks, we don't need one." Her and her kid looked at me with a 'WTF' look. I said it was absurdly priced and sent him on his way. The ex appeared to enjoy the entrancement of sales pitches and I'd had enough. Well, if you're a christian you tend to believe ludicrous shit anyway.

Yes, the old "gotta buy now" thing pisses me off. I got sucked into that at age 18 while stereo shopping. "Some other customer" was looking at the same model a few minutes ago....so ya better get it... :-) lol.

Being skeptical not only saves you from the mind prison of religion it can also save you lots of money.