Goodbye Jesus

I Can't Wait Till This Guy Wakes Up!

JoshB0XX

This guy was going on about the Chic-Fil-A scandal earlier on Facebook, giving his two cents about bigotry, so I gave him my "I've had two scotches, so fuck you" response. These are a few of his comments to a guy he was arguing with before I caught wind of it.

"I just think it's ridiculous that people call it "gay rights" as if immorality is a civil right issue. Since when is perversion protected by constitutional laws? I want the right to marry my Mom or my hamster. I love them both. Anyone who disagrees is a bigot. Freedom isn't the right to do what ever we want but the right to do what we ought. BTW I'm not speaking for a Christian point of view but from natural law and reason. I'm not trying to sound insensitive - I have friends and family that suffer from same sex attractions - but we all have our battles. We are not defined by our temptations."

"McDonald's is also a huge contributor to planned parenthood

:(

The company I work for now, is Catholic company

:)"

"Your emotional scars and hurt blind your logic. Don't let the secular media dull your intellect. I don't hate you but vice versa."

"In all seriousness, I'm sorry that you have had bad experiences with Christians- join the club. I'm cool with you as a person if you choose to remain an agnostic. With that said I dare you to really understand Christian thought - I dare you to read Chesterton, Lewis, Sheen, Escriva, Francis De Sales, Kreeft, ect ...hell I'll even ship them to you. Not to convert you but so that you can have an educated debate on Christian thought. Sorry that you don't feel welcome - truth rarely makes one feel comfortable. If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair."

"Again, Brett my offer stands my brother. If you wish message me your address and perhaps we can have an adult conversation.

;)"

So yeah, he's a smug, uneducated son of a bitch, pretending to be nice. Really chapped my ass.

He gets to wake up to this. Hope he makes some coffee first! zDuivel2.gif

"Gay people are human beings. Human beings born in America, or who have become citizens through the proper channels, are entitled to the same rights, no matter what, as defined by our forefathers (who were not all Christian, that is important to remember). The KJV bible is the first text of the Christian faith to mention any negativity towards homosexuality. Of course this fact is brushed under the rug, as well as the coincidence that King James was in fact a homosexual. Do you really think a homosexual king would call for a translation of a text that would widespread discontent for his own lifestyle? My personal opinion is that the men who translated the bible, held a great hatred of King James, and sought to have him executed, or dethroned.

I admit, I'm no linguist. I really doubt, however, that all of our modern scholars made up these translations of the Latin and Greek bible made today (filled with the checks and balances of elitist assholes, critical Doctors, and blog owners). Back then of course, it would be dreadfully simple to falsely translate something, and advertise it as an infallible fact, having the masses of illiterates believe it through fear of damnation. The problem is that Christians today all agree in the fallibility of man, yet not in the fallibility of the bible (written by, uh... duh, man). The same bible whose shape, language, and number of books and verses have changed many, many, many times.

So now we have a nation filled with people who have no idea of the true origins of their own religion (most who do are unsurprisingly not a Christian anymore). They spout off the bandwagon banter read to them Sunday after Sunday, and are told to love, but taught to judge. The same bandwagon banter that you, Cody, have stated in this facebook post. Now while I'm all for your opinion, and if nothing I have said has changed it (or at least just made you maybe, possibly, for one second consider that you just might be wrong), why go further, just know that what your friend Brett said was true. You lack an understanding of bigotry. You simply ranking homosexuality up there with Oedipus Complex or Zoophilia proved it immediately.

Also Cody, you should be aware that the Catholic church is very progressive in comparison to Protestant churches. They are becoming more tolerant of homosexuality [the people, not the pedophiliac Priests (Irony!)], and the Pope is even allowing the possibility of evolution in creation. If you consider yourself Catholic, but you disagree with what I just said, you may need to find a new church."

• Like 1

That guy is a cunt. That is all.

• Like 1

The condenscening demeaner most of them have is what drives me completely nuts because I know beneath that facade lurks the complete opposite.

• Like 2

I was going to go to bed, but when I saw how cunty he actually was being, I couldn't resist.

The condenscening demeaner most of them have is what drives me completely nuts because I know beneath that facade lurks the complete opposite.

Yeah, this guy is the worst I have to put up with on my news feed too. Unfortunately, I pretty much know exactly how he'll respond. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but again... the scotch.

• Like 2

Well if that guy wants to act like a dog that just rolled in shit, he needs to be treated like a dog that rolled in shit.

Good for you for gettin up in his face.

Praise Sausage! biggrin.png

• Like 1

King James was gay?

I'm glad you are fighting the good fight. Unfortunately, your theories about James I and the KJV are poppycock.

I'm glad you are fighting the good fight. Unfortunately, your theories about James I and the KJV are poppycock.

According to many bible scholars including Bart Ehrmann, the KJV was the most error prone of any translation since it relied solely on ONE or perhaps two other manuscripts which were rife with errors, additions, deletions, et.al.

And King James was probably bi-sexual according to whatever sources you may check out for yourself.

I did a little research and have confirmed it, KJ was indeed not gay and was in fact probably the greatest king England has ever known. Chick Publishing is a reliable, well-vetted and unbiased source, so I think everyone here will agree. If not, then perhaps you just don't respect the authenticity and reliability of the claims made in Chick tracts either:

http://www.chick.com.../158/158_03.asp

QUESTION: I have been told that King James was a homosexual. Is this true?

ANSWER: No.

EXPLANATION: King James I of England, who authorized the translation of the now famous King James Bible, was considered by many to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, monarchs that England has ever seen.

Through his wisdom and determination he united the warring tribes of Scotland into a unified nation, and then joined England and Scotland to form the foundation for what is now known as the British Empire.

• Like 2

I did a little research and have confirmed it, KJ was indeed not gay and was in fact probably the greatest king England has ever known. Chick Publishing is a reliable, well-vetted and unbiased source, so I think everyone here will agree. If not, then perhaps you just don't respect the authenticity and reliability of the claims made in Chick tracts either:

ROFL!!

I think I'm beginning to catch your style of humor which is harder to get than mine is at times. I think you oughta start using the following in order to clear up the fog at least in my pea sized brain:

1. (G) - means subtle humor

2. LOL - laughing out loud

3. ROFL - rolling on the floor laughing which I almost did when I got to the second sentence beginning with 'Chick'. Prior to that I was beginning to foam at the mouth (again). LOL

• Like 2

by the point of a bayonet maybe and while wading through the blood of thousands. yeah a great bloke.

According to many bible scholars including Bart Ehrmann, the KJV was the most error prone of any translation since it relied solely on ONE or perhaps two other manuscripts which were rife with errors, additions, deletions, et.al.

And King James was probably bi-sexual according to whatever sources you may check out for yourself.

I didn't say he wasn't. I should have been more specific. I meant this: "The KJV bible is the first text of the Christian faith to mention any negativity towards homosexuality." and this: "Of course this fact is brushed under the rug, as well as the coincidence that King James was in fact a homosexual." and this: "My personal opinion is that the men who translated the bible, held a great hatred of King James, and sought to have him executed, or dethroned."

The first statement is easily debunked. This is from the Wycliffe Bible, which predates KJV by centuries:

Leviticus 18:22

Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

22 Thou shalt not be meddled, [(or) mingled,] with a man, by lechery of a woman, for it is abomination. (Thou shalt not be mixed together with a man, like in fleshly coupling with a woman, for it is an abomination.)

My problem with the second thing I quoted is that it states an opinion as a fact. Maybe he was gay. Maybe he was bisexual. No way to find out at this point. My problem with the third, which admits to being an opinion, is that I simply see very little support for the notion that the translators wished ill upon their patron. Probably some did and some did not. Obviously those in secret sympathy with the dissenters would dislike James, but I doubt he stacked the translating team with his political opponents. He had already run many off to The Netherlands and elsewhere.

Ro-bear,

thanks for taking the time to explain in more detail. As you probably know, if they're gonna use ot crap to rail against our gay brothers and sisters, they better be prepared to embrace the ENTIRE set of Levitical laws including those allowing for the stoning of kids, et. al.

• Like 1

It wasn't long ago that interracial marriage was considered to be perversion.

Now it's a right.

Times change.

• Like 2

Ro-bear,

thanks for taking the time to explain in more detail. As you probably know, if they're gonna use ot crap to rail against our gay brothers and sisters, they better be prepared to embrace the ENTIRE set of Levitical laws including those allowing for the stoning of kids, et. al.

Damn right. I'd better not see any of the bastards at Red Lobster with the mound of shellfish on their plates, either. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Ro-bear,

Damn right. I'd better not see any of the bastards at Red Lobster with the mound of shellfish on their plates, either. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

That's what always got me. In Boise, RL is a popular after church gathering point. I'd imagine it is in other cities as well.

I see, I was told the

I didn't say he wasn't. I should have been more specific. I meant this: "The KJV bible is the first text of the Christian faith to mention any negativity towards homosexuality." and this: "Of course this fact is brushed under the rug, as well as the coincidence that King James was in fact a homosexual." and this: "My personal opinion is that the men who translated the bible, held a great hatred of King James, and sought to have him executed, or dethroned."

The first statement is easily debunked. This is from the Wycliffe Bible, which predates KJV by centuries:

Leviticus 18:22

Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

22 Thou shalt not be meddled, [(or) mingled,] with a man, by lechery of a woman, for it is abomination. (Thou shalt not be mixed together with a man, like in fleshly coupling with a woman, for it is an abomination.)

My problem with the second thing I quoted is that it states an opinion as a fact. Maybe he was gay. Maybe he was bisexual. No way to find out at this point. My problem with the third, which admits to being an opinion, is that I simply see very little support for the notion that the translators wished ill upon their patron. Probably some did and some did not. Obviously those in secret sympathy with the dissenters would dislike James, but I doubt he stacked the translating team with his political opponents. He had already run many off to The Netherlands and elsewhere.

Well, I was told this in college by a History professor. Though I do now remember that he did indeed say he was bisexual, not gay. That's a my bad. I guess I should've been more selective of which bias opinions I heard in there. Regardless, I didn't get dick for a response. I'm kind of insulted.

"

Josh bad philosophy aways produces bad theology. And a pinch of bad history and you have the reply that you just put forth. I'm glad you chimed in but check your facts first.

:)"

Then he also has a friend calling me a bigot for my post. Regardless, even though I was misinformed, he still can't counterpoint. I'm so disappointed...

Guest Babylonian Dream

I'm going to be the one to scream on my facebook wall, so all my facebook christian fundie friends can say, "OMG! KIng James was Gay!"

http://www.chick.com.../158/158_03.asp

QUESTION: I have been told that King James was a homosexual. Is this true?

ANSWER: No.

EXPLANATION: King James I of England, who authorized the translation of the now famous King James Bible, was considered by many to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, monarchs that England has ever seen.

Through his wisdom and determination he united the warring tribes of Scotland into a unified nation, and then joined England and Scotland to form the foundation for what is now known as the British Empire.

You're funny Vigile!! :D

Seems rather compelling that he was actually gay, regardless of the fact that he was married and had kids. Not really any different than 2012, except that he was royalty and was required to have kids to continue to rule the land.

http://www.freewebs.com/jupiter1024/james.htm

One of the neatest things about the Renaissance/Tudor/Jacobean period is how fluid sexuality really was. The idea we have now that men fall into this camp, or that one, or they're one of those weirdo bisexuals who just haven't yet come out of the closet, that thinking didn't exist so much. Just like we don't really see a lot of tensions around race and we don't really see people being especially careful to identify themselves based on race, there wasn't a lot of conflict around identifying as gay/straight/bi. I really don't think people thought of it like that. In all of my reading I've only run across a couple of men who seemed to be exclusively fucking other men out of hundreds who had known homosexual liaisons. Most men who had male lovers also had female ones--and wives, and children, even at the lower end of societal ranking. This isn't to say that homosexuality was well-accepted; it wasn't at all and sometimes there were dramatic object lessons. Being called a "sodomite" was a slur upon one's reputation (hence the openly homosexual painter's perhaps-not-quite-affectionate nickname, "Il Sodoma"--though strictly technically sodomy, or "unnatural sex," could be done with a woman, context meant about the same then as it does now). So it's not like society was just so much more evolved or whatever. Just that I don't think people really got as far as thinking of themselves as gay or straight or using that sexual orientation as a self-defining paradigm. Maybe society came down so hard on people who did associate only with other men that there wasn't much impetus to come out as such. But it still stands out that men who had male lovers also had female ones so frequently that it's hard to dismiss the phenomenon as merely keeping up appearances.

As to James, I haven't yet read a bio of him that didn't mention that he was as gay as a stack of strawberry pancakes.

As to James, I haven't yet read a bio of him that didn't mention that he was as gay as a stack of strawberry pancakes.

:lmao: IHOP is gonna be real mad at you for starting that saying. I'm cracking up. :lmao:

Strawberry-Pancakes-20100212.jpg

Just leave my blueberries out of it.

I LUVZ ME BLOOBERRYS

Just leave my blueberries out of it.

I LUVZ ME BLOOBERRYS

Ok McD, but you do realize how gay THAT sounds right??? :o

I wish I could claim authorship of that one, London, but it's been around for a goodly while. ;)

Also, fun fact: one of my favorite things to order are strawberry pancakes. I went through my chocolate-chip pancake phase very young and decided they were just too much, but strawberry pancakes have at least the veneer of breakfast food. There is fruit. There are pancakes. There is a syrup of sorts. Lots of breakfast foods have cream or milk associated with them (cold and hot cereals, f.e.). It's just how it's all assembled that takes it into the stratosphere of awesomeness.