Goodbye Jesus

50 Shades Of Grey Vs. The Bible

Lilith666

I read that the Damson Dene Hotel in England has decided to replace their Gideons Bibles in the rooms with 50 Shades of Grey, the blockbuster novel with explicit sex scenes including sadomasochism. Which is the best choice: 50 Shades, the Bible, or neither?

I was going to make this a poll and it worked for a minute, but then the poll disappeared somehow and won't come back, so I give up, dangit.

They should keep the bible, better written, and i didn't want to keep punching jesus in the face.

I would say neither. Maybe a nice print-out that says, "These sheets are super clean. The bar is free. Enjoy your stay." That's all I want from a hotel.

• Like 1

My guess is that the Bible produces fewer laundry challenges for the folks that wash the sheets and towels, but I could be wrong. Maybe folks whack off to the psalms or something. I know "thy belly is like an heap of wheat" always makes me woody. Pubic hair in the Bible; give me strength, O Lord. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

King James Bible

"Thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor: thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies."

So? Both contain sex and crime (well with 50 shades parts of the crime aspect might be debatable, dunno), I'd rather have the book where all agree upon that instead of the one everyone says is pure and good and holy tongue.png

(And I think we already have a thread on that topic somewhere, just can't remember where... silverpenny013Hmmm.gif )

(Edit: Yup we do... http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/52914-hotel-replaces-bibles-with-fifty-shades-of-grey/#entry790250 )

I'm pretty sure both books contain sadomasochism...

Aren't both bad fan fiction?

Probably but at least 50 shades doesn't feature majic (as far as I know) :P