Goodbye Jesus

666 = Nero How Credible Is This Claim?

Jds22

I've read that the number 666 refers to Nero.

What I'm wondering is how credible is this claim? What kind of evidence do we have to back it up?

I'd hate to use it in a debate only to find out that there isn't an solid evidence behind it.

Thanks

You want to debate people, yet you don't know how to do your own research? Interesting.

You want to debate people, yet you don't know how to do your own research? Interesting.

So asking for help is not part of research?

Obviously there are some on the board that are much more knowledgeable than me. I see nothing wrong with asking for help.

• Like 3

Its credible, mostly.

Its pertains to the match up of his name with the numbers of Greece and Rome which adds up to be 666. However some scholars disagree based on different spelling methods of the name, that make it out to be 616.

*Cough*Prick*Cough*

This is a great site to learn new counter apologetic arguments, it is research coming here and asking questions. I myself don't know that much about this but I'm sure BAA and others will be able to help him more than I. If he is going to learn anything credible against Christianity this is the place to go, you should know this.

• Like 1

I don't know anything about the website, but this page explains many things: http://americanvisio...r/#.UBFceCNSTKk

In short:

1. Different fragments say 616 and others say 666.

2. Numerology is about names being calculated into numbers by replacing letters with values.

3. The sum of the name "Nero" is 666 in Greek and 616 in Latin.

I don't know anything about the website, but this page explains many things: http://americanvisio...r/#.UBFceCNSTKk

In short:

1. Different fragments say 616 and others say 666.

2. Numerology is about names being calculated into numbers by replacing letters with values.

3. The sum of the name "Nero" is 666 in Greek and 616 in Latin.

Excellent reference Ouroboros

*Cough*Prick*Cough*

This is a great site to learn new counter apologetic arguments, it is research coming here and asking questions. I myself don't know that much about this but I'm sure BAA and others will be able to help him more than I. If he is going to learn anything credible against Christianity this is the place to go, you should know this.

Did you just call me a prick? I'm a female, so that's Miss Prick to you.

• Like 1

*Cough*Prick*Cough*

Did you just call me a prick? I'm a female, so that's Miss Prick to you.

Yeah, because when I write a research paper, I'm going to use an post on an internet forum as a reference.

Never did he indicate he was going to write a 'research paper" and i doubt he means a serious formal debate in front of a live audience. Maybe he has done independent research and he just wants OUR opinion you know since this is an EX-CHRISTIAN website if you didn't catch that. I guess this means that every question you have ever asked on this forum is illegitimate and you must NEVER of found any intellectually fulfilling answers from the people who responded to you. Coming here and asking for answers is a very direct way to get some, for example Ouroboros gave him a great link that answers his question. Sure he could of found that website by himself but is it a crime he came here to ask his question?

• Like 1

since this is an EX-CHRISTIAN website if you didn't catch that.

I've been a member of this forum since before you graduated high school, so yeah, I think I know what kind of website it is. And no, it's not a crime, I'm just a cranky old lady, that's all. Also, not doing your own research and relying on someone else to give you an answer is just, well, I don't know, lazy. Besides, what are we talking about anyway? Numerology? I rely on numerology about as much as I rely on the Bible.

• Like 1

Which number of the beast? 616? 617? 646? 665? 666?

666 seems to be the most commonly attested but I believe 616 is next in line. Both can point to Nero but 616 can also point to Caius (Caligula). I wouldn't have any idea who the others might reference or if my little list is even complete.

mwc

My name number is 611. Watch out, it means something... I'm sure it means something, but I'm not sure what yet... But beware anyway since it could be the number of the ass, or cow, or cat, or celery, who the hell knows. And that means bad for the world. Just wait and see...

My name number is 611. Watch out, it means something... I'm sure it means something, but I'm not sure what yet... But beware anyway since it could be the number of the ass, or cow, or cat, or celery, who the hell knows. And that means bad for the world. Just wait and see...

I read somewhere that 666 refers to the transformation of the Carbon-12 element into the Mythological Carbon-7 isotope. Oh noes! Watch out, that celery might just be radioactive.

I read somewhere that 666 refers to the transformation of the Carbon-12 element into the Mythological Carbon-7 isotope. Oh noes! Watch out, that celery might just be radioactive.

And in the last years before doom, everyone who eateth the magical celery of holy radioactive isotopes will become a new creature, a glowing creature of greenish tint. Amen.

Thanks for the info and the link.

Panda Pirate, I have idea what you're going on about. Your only motive was to embarrass me, not to add anything constructive to this thread.

Seriously, WTF??

• Like 2

Ark-tards have claimed 666 or 616 to be the number of the antichrist that includes JF Kennedy, and the pope. Knew a girl in school who thought she was the antichrist cuz her name counted 666 using modern alphabet. I quit talking to my fundy friend when he came up with Obama as the antichrist. Every generation wants desperately to prove the babble is true and fail miserably--of course the antichrist is always a person in the opposing political party. Fundy friend also in cult that wants to teach alternative history in favor of biblical stories and that there is a great conspiracy afloat to keep the true history™ hidden from humanity. People who believe someone's name spelled numerically is the antichrist are just damn dumb. There is no evidence to support the theology concerning an antichrist any more than there is proof Moses parted the Red Sea. But there are many evidence indicating the babble was grossly mistranslated, sloppy work.

• Like 2

Panda Pirate, I have idea what you're going on about. Your only motive was to embarrass me, not to add anything constructive to this thread.

Seriously, WTF??

No, my motive was to make you think on your own.

Oh, btw. The 666 is really the UPC (universal product code), or in other words, the bar codes on the box of cereal in the store. :rolleyes:

Seriously, WTF??

No, my motive

was to make you think on your own.

Bull shit and you know it.

Everybody asks questions on forums.

• Like 2

Oh, btw. The 666 is really the UPC (universal product code), or in other words, the bar codes on the box of cereal in the store. rolleyes.gif

Yep. At the beginning, middle, and end of every bar code is a 6. It's a calibration.

Who says "John of Patmos" needed to use Hebrew?

Justin Martyr is the one who associates this John with apostle John.

mwc

Seriously, WTF??

No, my motive

was to make you think on your own.

Bull shit and you know it.

Everybody asks questions on forums.

Oh, quit fucking whining. You asked a silly question that could easily have been googled. Instead, you are wasting our time asking questions about numerology bullshit. Anyway, no one here believes in the bible, therefore I don't think anyone believes in satan, hence, the number 666 or any perceived "meaning" assigned to it.

I'm usually the grumpy one.

mwc

I'm usually the grumpy one.

mwc

I'm quite cranky mwc, as you can tell.