Goodbye Jesus

"traditional Values"

London

Ok, I've really had enough of this bullshit phrase from the christards. I cannot stand the attitude that they think that the values of the bible are "traditional" values that the rest of the planet follows.

I think we need to correct them everytime they use the phrase "traditional values" and remind them that the phrase is actually "christian values". Because the reality is "traditional" ≠ "christian".

Tradition was practiced by societies that were thousands of years older than xianity. So like the definition of "marriage", they have no original claim to the definition of "traditional". Once again xians are stealing things and trying to make them their property.

"christian values" should not masquerade as the ruler we measure society by. We need to call them on this bullshit.

Just like they think they have the market on the word "family". vtffani.gif

• Like 7

Get mad, LondonGETZ REEEELL MAADZZZ

Gay Greek society predates xianity, so I guess traditional values means gay sex and orgies.

• Like 6

Traditional Values means:

1. Women should be barefoot, pregnant, and always in the kitchen.

2. Men are allowed unbridled reign over family

3. Number 2 means that men are free to beat wives and kids, especially kids, because, after all, doesn't Proverbs say spare the rod, spoil the kid? So, if you don't spare the rod the kid will grow up to be healthy, wealthy, and wise or a sociopath.

4. One must be a white, anglo saxon Protestant. And other color is suspect

5. One must tow the line at work no matter how abusive the conditions are. After all, you're not really working for someone else - you're working for god so any problems can be taken up with the deity.

6. One must blindly salute and follow the flag with no questions asked because everyone knows that god founded this country the same way it gave us the bible - right out of the sky.

7. I could continue but I'm making myself sick already writing this crap...

• Like 2

Christian morality is constantly evolving, they interpret the bible based on the views of society, not the other way around.

Some of my family values (even if they're not "traditional"): tolerance, equality, compassion, fairness, kindness, rationality, education, freedom, responsible social policy...

• Like 3

Isn't it great we have posters here from countries other than the USA? I think family values are much harsher here. What the 'family values' also includes is a longing for the 1950s and the prosperity I this country.

Of course, they ignore that the wealthy paid up to 90% and did not complain. Schools were free and college was cheap. Unions insured that workers paid with benefits and the wealthiest were not trying so hard to suck it all to the top. But they also ignore WHY that was a period of prosperity and what else was going on. No civil rights. Women could vote, but that was it. The only acceptable jobs for women were nurses, teachers and secretaries. It has been recent that we still see a lot of remnants of that today.

Family values means the church controls your family in America. And of course, the blacks and women had their place, gays didn't eve exist in their world then. So much for family values in America.

Here's some traditional family values for you:

487997_4005390368440_137775827_n.jpg

Traditional Values means:

4. One must be a white, anglo saxon Protestant. And other color is suspect

7. I could continue but I'm making myself sick already writing this crap...

#4, I am always amazed at the denial of the christards. This religion was started in Israel. And yet the bigotry against Israel is huge. Yet they act like jesus was caucasian and xianity was born in America. Or should that be AmeriKKKa? Then again the Mormons and Scientology both add outer space to the whole shebang. Ahhh, xian denial, what a sad affliction. :(

#7, I totally laughed because I completely identify with that feeling. :)

Sometimes xians remind me of the movie Serial Mom.

serial-mom.jpg

Ok, I've really had enough of this bullshit phrase from the christards. I cannot stand the attitude that they think that the values of the bible are "traditional" values that the rest of the planet follows.

I think we need to correct them everytime they use the phrase "traditional values" and remind them that the phrase is actually "christian values". Because the reality is "traditional" ≠ "christian".

Tradition was practiced by societies that were thousands of years older than xianity. So like the definition of "marriage", they have no original claim to the definition of "traditional". Once again xians are stealing things and trying to make them their property.

"christian values" should not masquerade as the ruler we measure society by. We need to call them on this bullshit.

Just like they think they have the market on the word "family". vtffani.gif

Tradition...the way it's always been done. :-) Whether it makes any sense or not.

• Like 2

So, how far back do they want to go, traditionally? As far back as polygamy? That's biblical. Concubines? That's biblical. Marrying relatives? Biblical. Or how about loving thy neighbor? Gee, that's biblical too.

Traditional Values? Why do these people insist that life mimick Leave it to Beaver?

Traditional Values? Why do these people insist that life mimick Leave it to Beaver?

Or Father Knows Best, My Three Sons, etc. Any of that manufactured family perfection. No one lives like that and it amazes me how poeple forget that it was a fictional life broadcast to entertain us, not be an example.

I find it really intrusive and offensive at the same time, that xianity and TV expected men (in that era) to be the supreme decision maker in the family. That puts an unrealistic responsibility for the "man" to work all day problem solving, and then come home and solve everyones problems. Not to mention that it makes the wife and kids look helpless and stupid.

In my experience men who expect to have a family like that are usually control freaks who have really low self esteem. They are the kind of men who speak for the woman while she stands right there. You ask her a question and he speaks. Sometimes TV does more harm than good, fox news and TV preachers are two good examples.

I always suspect they want to have control like the evil teacher in Harry Potter, Dolores Umbridge.

UmbridgeProfile.png

edit: hopefully it posted the image this time.