Goodbye Jesus

Ag/ath Quotes Or Poems

mcdaddy

So my friend's brother just unexpectedly passed at 32 years old a week ago, and we're having a life celebration ceremony for him tomorrow. I have a request: do any of you know any good quotes or poems or the like by agnostics/atheists that would be appropriate for tomorrow? (my friend is an Ag/Ath ). Just looking for some nice words from that perspective to counter balance all the religious bullshit we'll be hearing.

Thanks.

I wish that I had a pocket-full of quotes to pull out for this purpose. I will have to set a goal for these occasions. Hope it goes well! Regardless, most attendees will likely see the event from a theistic perspective.

Guest Valk0010

“Our belief is not a belief. Our principles are not a faith. We do not rely soley upon science and reason, because these are necessary rather than sufficient factors, but we distrust anything that contradicts science or outrages reason. We may differ on many things, but what we respect is free inquiry, openmindedness, and the pursuit of ideas for their own sake.”

Christopher Hitchens