Goodbye Jesus

In Memory Of A Lost Brother

silentknight

Two years ago this month my brother took his life.

He was 6 years older than me and had been an atheist since he was 16. He was 34 when he took his life. Because of his lack of faith and my fanatic step father he was distanced from our family. I hadn't seen him for 10 years at the time of his death.

I believe his isolation was a huge factor. He had no family to turn to and had just been through a nasty break up. I now wonder at times if I had admitted to losing my faith earlier in life if the two of us may have made contact again. Maybe having someone in his family in touch could have saved him?

Anyway. I will always.my older brother, David. He was a rational inspiration in a world of superstitious fools.

Two years ago this month my brother took his life.

He was 6 years older than me and had been an atheist since he was 16. He was 34 when he took his life. Because of his lack of faith and my fanatic step father he was distanced from our family. I hadn't seen him for 10 years at the time of his death.

I believe his isolation was a huge factor. He had no family to turn to and had just been through a nasty break up. I now wonder at times if I had admitted to losing my faith earlier in life if the two of us may have made contact again. Maybe having someone in his family in touch could have saved him?

Anyway. I will always.my older brother, David. He was a rational inspiration in a world of superstitious fools.

silentknight, I am so sorry you have had to endure this pain of your brother's suicide. I think with suicide - it's the wondering...all the questions you have inside that, if you had done this - maybe that would have turned out different. I have heard of quite a few suicide stories over the years with the many clients I work with. This is always the issue with them. They tell me.....if they had only did this or done that.....I watch their sadness....

Some people just can't fight the heartbreak that this life brings and all they want is peace....sweet peace....

I hope you will find a way to live on this earth and find 'peace' with this terrible situation.

Live for him hon - go live for him today......

Very sorry. My deepest condolences go out to you.