Goodbye Jesus

I Should Have Known Better.

Thought2Much

EXPLAIN IT!!!!!!!!!

OKAY! OKAY! I WILL!!! WHY ARE WE SHOUTING!?

:D

Anyway, we used to do what was called "popcorn prayer" when I went to youth group. Everyone has their heads bowed and their eyes closed, and each person just chimes in at random with whatever they think of to pray about at the moment. This is opposed to the other popular method of closing prayer for a youth group activity, during which people will say their prayer requests in front of the group, and the leader actually says the prayer that incorporates all of the requests.

Goodbye Jesus

EXPLAIN IT!!!!!!!!!

OKAY! OKAY! I WILL!!! WHY ARE WE SHOUTING!?

:D

Anyway, we used to do what was called "popcorn prayer" when I went to youth group. Everyone has their heads bowed and their eyes closed, and each person just chimes in at random with whatever they think of to pray about at the moment. This is opposed to the other popular method of closing prayer for a youth group activity, during which people will say their prayer requests in front of the group, and the leader actually says the prayer that incorporates all of the requests.

So, being salt of the earth helped that popcorn taste a little better I assume?

We used to have open mic night at prayer group. Everyone would be speaking in tongues, and whoever wanted the mic took it for a bit, everyone said their amens and yes, lords, and yeah, we'd finish a couple of hours later.

...Everyone has their heads bowed and their eyes closed, and each person just chimes in at random with whatever they think of to pray about at the moment.

Ugh. Very bad memories, and so many!

We used to have open mic night at prayer group. Everyone would be speaking in tongues, and whoever wanted the mic took it for a bit, everyone said their amens and yes, lords, and yeah, we'd finish a couple of hours later.

Did anyone actually have an orgasm in public or was it all just pretending?

UPC marriage seminars were just as horrifyingly bad. It was all about pushing the doublespeak: telling men to "serve" their wives by being leaders, and wives to "submit submit SUBMIT!", especially around sex, having tons of baybeez, and not sassing their god-given spouses. Looking back on it all, it feels more and more like institutionalized misogyny designed to keep women in line more than anything else. I don't reckon men need more than a quick refresher on being oppressive douchebags. I am also pretty shocked by the idea that a couple would go to something like this on a much-needed vacation, but hopefully I'm not the only person thoroughly creeped out by any man who'd consider such a seminar valuable.

Did anyone actually have an orgasm in public or was it all just pretending?

Hmm. Good question.

I would have to say yeah, I do remember a couple of women getting way too into it. It was like watching orgasmic meditation or something. They would really get themselves worked up, and sometimes I'd looked over at their husbands and wonder if they were thinking, "hey honey, I'm over here".

Hmm. Good question.

I would have to say yeah, I do remember a couple of women getting way too into it. It was like watching orgasmic meditation or something. They would really get themselves worked up, and sometimes I'd looked over at their husbands and wonder if they were thinking, "hey honey, I'm over here".

LOL. I'm glad I didn't go to any churches like that after I met my wife. It'd be like... hey, "God, that's my wife you're pleasuring! Besides, I thought you only liked virgins?"

Hmm. Good question.

LOL. I'm glad I didn't go to any churches like that after I met my wife. It'd be like... hey, "God, that's my wife you're pleasuring! Besides, I thought you only liked virgins?"

[insert Beavis and Butthead like laugh] Magic sperm. [Continue Beavis and Butthead like laugh]