Goodbye Jesus

We Are From The Same Star

Denyoz

Five years after its release, this is still one of my favorite music videos. I watched it so many times and had no idea what the words meant (it's in German). Today I checked the translation and... Wow! I just had to share.

Ich und Ich - Vom Selben Stern

I and I - From the Same Star

Margee, I dedicate this one to you.

• Like 1

Here are the lyrics English translation I found:

Vom Selben Stern

Get up and dress yourself

now it´s the others turn

I take all your pain

Open the window, turn the music on loud

all the ice has melted

I take all you pain

we are all made of stardust

our eyes are warm sparkling

we are not broken

we are complete

you are from the same star

I can hear your heartbeat

you are from the same star

as I am

because you hear the same inner voice

you belong to the same

because you are thinking the same

as I do

Dance through your room, go astray

dance through the streets, through the town

I take all you pain

let us walk along together

today we fly over Berlin

I take all your pain

• Like 1

Thank you so much Deny...you are such a good friend! That was cool!

This is still my favorite you tube on this topic of 'stars' and being connnected.........

• Like 2

It's a nice song basically though it has been played to death (like all successful songs) over here. I'm close to vomiting when I hear the song / see the video due to the lingering overdose effect :(

It's a nice song basically though it has been played to death (like all successful songs) over here. I'm close to vomiting when I hear the song / see the video due to the lingering overdose effect sad.png

Oh. I didn't know. Sorry about that Thurisaz. Well I learned something, thank you. smile.png

Heh it happens.

Actually it happens to every song/video that's at least decently successful. Shows that the entire German music business is nothing more than really a business nowadays. If it sells, keep playing it until not a single fucking CD can be sold anymore, and screw the fact that people can dream of the entire song already (with luck, in the form of a sweet dream, on average, as a nightmare).

I don't mind if the "successful song" is crappy anyway but whenever they do it to a basically good song... :vent:

Thank you so much Deny...you are such a good friend! That was cool!

This is still my favorite you tube on this topic of 'stars' and being connnected.........

Margee, watching that just made me cry. That was amazing.

• Like 1

There are damn many seemingly harmless songs that contain a wow message as soon as you really listen to the lyrics and think about them.

I stumbled over the mp3s of the 80s band "T'Pau" again some weeks ago, I always found Carol Decker's voice fascinating... but the lyrics of some of their songs only got to me later.

Like these... my face must've looked quite funny when I realized what this is all about smile.png

(Seems that there's only this version of the lyrics online, sadly, as it's not wholly correct... that line "Lift your head to a new day okay" should really read "...to a new decade", rather crucial for proper understanding)

Yeah to all those who never thought about my age before I guess I just revealed what an old fart I am... lmao_99.gif

I love T'pau, especially the album you quoted. Some of the best 80's music.