Goodbye Jesus

Gays Are Just "acting Out"

mcdaddy

If you ever want a good laugh, ask a christian to go beyond "The Bible tells me so" and actually try to explain and rationalize the things he believes in.

Oh Gawd. Don't even mention that. I tried to get my fundy mother to explain her faith and she replied that X has done great things in her life.

If you ever want a good laugh, ask a christian to go beyond "The Bible tells me so" and actually try to explain and rationalize the things he believes in.

I once asked a Christian on a forum why God was so against homosexuality. He couldn't answer. Then I asked him why God couldn't be bothered to come and explain it to us. "Because he's God and he doesn't answer to you!" was the reply. "Christbot" is really the applicable term for people like that, because they are completely and utterly incapable of independent thought.

• Like 1

Acting out? Wow, they have no idea! I'm waiting to receive a movie called Prayers For Bobby. It's a true story about a gay man who's mother was a fundy Christian and told him to pray it all away. He tried, but of course it didn't work. In the end he killed himself, I think all Christians should see the movie, it would show them how things are in reality, and may make them think about the effect their words really have.

xians are idiots when it comes to real life, as a christian friend of mine said: "for whatever reason, christians think christianity is living in a nice neighborhhod with white picket fences and no gays or minorities" For whatever reason (and even though I am a republican, I blame republicans for this), christianity has been hijacked by the GOP so they can make an anti gay statement and all teh christians lock step with them when they want to attack some country or bail out a bank etc

• Like 3

Guest Babylonian Dream

People have a right to act however the hell they want.rolleyes.gif

So long as it is within God's will and they don't push it on me.

I can't really tell - are you making fun of what a Christian would say, or is this your actual opinion?

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/26373-sexual-orientation/page__st__80

Also: http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/48319-the-little-boy-who-started-a-sex-change/page__hl__transgender#entry698417

I'm actually the very thing what I was mocking hates the most (hence what they say). I have fun mocking them every now and then. It keeps me from getting angry. Actually, I find effeminate guys to be attractive.

Homophobia also means disliking homosexuality. I'm not attacking you, just stating that it's in the dictionary.

What qualifies as "acting gay"? Holding hands or kissing in public? Getting married? Speaking up for their rights? I'm curious. Are those "pushing it" on you?

In my case, I have to cut my hair and act "manly" to be taken seriously and get a job. They won't say the way I dress or have my hair is the reason I won't get a job. Its the only time my hair goes short though, is when I'm trying to find a new job.

In my case, merely being myself and looking the way I'm comfortable is "acting gay" and "pushing it" on them.

I'm not a bigot, I just don't approve, agree with nor condone the behavior. As long as they don't

push it on me and start exaggerating their

gayness by acting gay, I don't have a problem

with them. I just don't like their lifestyle. That

doesn't make me homophobic.

Homophobia also means disliking homosexuality. I'm not attacking you, just stating that it's in the dictionary.

What qualifies as "acting gay"? Holding hands or kissing in public? Getting married? Speaking up for their rights? I'm curious. Are those "pushing it" on you?

Babylonian Dream is gay. He was being fecitious.

Oh. Sorry, BD. I have a bisexual friend, an aunt who might be gay, and my favorite TV couple is lesbian.

It's all good. I kinda shouldn't have assumed everyone would've read the threads that I posted that I was in, because I was repeating very closely the BS I hear every day.

Sorry BD, I didn't know you were "family"! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gifhappydance.gif

Homophobia also means disliking homosexuality.... it's in the dictionary.

"Phobia" means fear, not dislike. Some dictionaries may use a broader definition of "homophobia" simply because it is commonly used in a broader sense, but when you get down to it, that broader usage is actually incorrect. That's why I personally think there needs to be a better term to describe those who disagree with homosexuality without being fearful of it/them. Don't get me wrong, though; I fully disagree with those who oppose gays, and I recognize that some opposers' views probably are based on fear.

It would be antihomosexual, or antigay. "anti" means against or opposed. I agree that homophobic is completely incorrect in useage.

I think that "bigoted" is a good term here as well. I don't think that fundies are actually scared of gays; I think they are however scared of their religion becoming irrelevant. Gay rights are another leg kicked out from under evangelicals, another way the country is giving them a formal vote of no confidence.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigoted?s=t&ld=1087

I'm not a bigot, I just don't approve, agree with nor condone the behavior. As long as they don't push it on me and start exaggerating their gayness by acting gay, I don't have a problem with them. I just don't like their lifestyle. That doesn't make me homophobic.

I'm confused. You're gay, so can you elaborate?

Nevah mind. I see you were being facetious.

It would be antihomosexual, or antigay. "anti" means against or opposed. I agree that homophobic is completely incorrect in useage.

Right on, "anti-gay" would be the simplest option. "Homophobic" is such a common term now, though, that I don't think it will be replaced by a more accurate term like "anti-gay."

Right on, "anti-gay" would be the simplest option. "Homophobic" is such a common term now, though, that I don't think it will be replaced by a more accurate term like "anti-gay."

I think homophobic is most commonly used for "anti-gay" people, because the only reason most peopl ARE anti-gay is out of fear of what gays represent in their minds.

I think homophobic is most commonly used for "anti-gay" people, because the only reason most peopl ARE anti-gay is out of fear of what gays represent in their minds.

I have no way of knowing what the actual percentage would be, but I do know that I myself used to be "anti-gay" without ever fearing them. It was nothing more than a blind belief that they were sinning, and I know other Christians who share that view. I suspect that there are a lot more who are like that than you realize. Again, though, I don't see how we could get an exact percentage.

I have no way of knowing what the actual percentage would be, but I do know that I myself used to be "anti-gay" without ever fearing them. It was nothing more than a blind belief that they were sinning, and I know other Christians who share that view. I suspect that there are a lot more who are like that than you realize. Again, though, I don't see how we could get an exact percentage.

True, but those who act out against it, because they believe that gay people are sinning, generally fear what it means if gay people can get away with this sin, or if they let people get away with it... it's based on a fear, not of the gay people themselves, but of the threat against their religion.

True, but those who act out against it, because they believe that gay people are sinning, generally fear what it means if gay people can get away with this sin, or if they let people get away with it... it's based on a fear, not of the gay people themselves, but of the threat against their religion.

As for myself and the Christian background I came from, Christianity was viewed as the "narrow path" anyway, so in taking that to its logical conclusion, gays didn't really pose a threat. While I disapproved of homosexuality, I didn't see it as something to legislate against. As long as those involved were consenting and weren't harming others, then I figured that it was their own business, and their "sin" was their own choice, just like people doing other "sins." Of course, it was fallacious to view it as "sin" or even as merely a "choice," but at least I didn't believe in trying to force them to conform to Christianity. You can't make people believe the way you want them to.

Yes. I agree that people with THAT attitude aren't homophobic. Anti-gay would be a better term.

Acting out? Wow, they have no idea! I'm waiting to receive a movie called Prayers For Bobby. It's a true story about a gay man who's mother was a fundy Christian and told him to pray it all away. He tried, but of course it didn't work. In the end he killed himself, I think all Christians should see the movie, it would show them how things are in reality, and may make them think about the effect their words really have.

I saw this as a Christian, bawled my eyes out, and changed my tune about homosexuality. It's definitely a good movie.

Thanks for mentioning this movie. I just rented it from RedBox, and it is indeed very moving. Everyone should see it. I may just have to buy it.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Sorry BD, I didn't know you were "family"! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gifhappydance.gif

zDuivel7.gifyellow.gifGONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I'm not a bigot, I just don't approve, agree with nor condone the behavior. As long as they don't push it on me and start exaggerating their gayness by acting gay, I don't have a problem with them. I just don't like their lifestyle. That doesn't make me homophobic.

I'm confused. You're gay, so can you elaborate?

I'm a straight girl. eviltongue.gifmadhopA.gif

"Phobia" means fear, not dislike. Some dictionaries may use a broader definition of "homophobia" simply because it is commonly used in a broader sense, but when you get down to it, that broader usage is actually incorrect. That's why I personally think there needs to be a better term to describe those who disagree with homosexuality without being fearful of it/them. Don't get me wrong, though; I fully disagree with those who oppose gays, and I recognize that some opposers' views probably are based on fear.

In some situations fear is defiantly involved. They may not fear homosexuals but many fear the label of homosexuality being applied to them by accident. Have you ever seen how some straight men act if they find themselves in a situation where they might be confused as a gay man? Regardless of how often they may complain about gay people announcing their orientation they will announce to everyone over and over again that they are straight. Every person they meet will know in seconds that he bangs women. I have always viewed the term ‘homophobia’ as more a fear of homosexuality and not homosexuals.

• Like 2

In some situations fear is defiantly involved. They may not fear homosexuals but many fear the label of homosexuality being applied to them by accident. Have you ever seen how some straight men act if they find themselves in a situation where they might be confused as a gay man? Regardless of how often they may complain about gay people announcing their orientation they will announce to everyone over and over again that they are straight. Every person they meet will know in seconds that he bangs women. I have always viewed the term ‘homophobia’ as more a fear of homosexuality and not homosexuals.

I addressed that by including homosexuality ("it") with homosexuals ("them"). There is indeed fear among some, but not with others. All I'm saying is that "homophobia" has been used to label not only those who do fear, but also those who don't, and it is nothing short if mislabeling to use it with regard to the second group. Not everyone who is anti-gay is actually homophobic, and that's a concrete fact.

I told my mom I wanted gay marriage to happen. I have several friends who are in long term relationships with their partners and want marriage. She was all like, that's not natural and that's not how God wants things to be. I was like well lots of things happened that God didn't want. I walked off after that. I love my parents. I really do but their views are so...bigoted. Why would someone choose something when their choice could mean persecution and discrimination. Not to mention rapes and other forms of abuse.

ZEPHIE,

IF DE GAYZ AR ALLOWD TO MARREE, DEN WE AR ENVYTEENG GAWDS JUGAMENT ON DE NAYSHUN!!!!!!!!!

CATS WILL MARREE DAWGS, UP WILL BECOME DOWN, AND WE WILL BE REQUIREUD TO PUT BEER IN OUR CEREAL!!!

I addressed that by including homosexuality ("it") with homosexuals ("them"). There is indeed fear among some, but not with others. All I'm saying is that "homophobia" has been used to label not only those who do fear, but also those who don't, and it is nothing short if mislabeling to use it with regard to the second group. Not everyone who is anti-gay is actually homophobic, and that's a concrete fact.

My aplogies Citsonga

I pretty much selected a post at random to respond to. I should have just posted this idividually. I agree with your post. Wendyeaves.gif

I'm a straight girl. eviltongue.gifmadhopA.gif

Sorry mang. I mean ma'am. :)

I think this is from insecurity with one's own sexuality. I can empathize with this if I think back to my teen years when I was probably as insecure as most kids my age. Later, when I was still an xian, I got roped into going to a gay bar as a friend of a friend was gay. It was my first real experience with gay people as far as I know. I was uncomfortable for a few minutes until one guy saw it in me, laughed, put his arm around me and said, "relax, no one is going to hit on you. We can see who is straight and who is gay." Any fear I had melted right there and I have always felt comfortable around homosexuals since. I rather like hanging around with them as the one's I've been friends with have tended to be fun, interesting and intelligent.

My aplogies Citsonga

I pretty much selected a post at random to respond to. I should have just posted this idividually. I agree with your post. Wendyeaves.gif

OK, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification, my friend. ;)