Goodbye Jesus

Is Love Logical

Guest end3

So to tie all threads together, love need not be logical. But love is definitely natural and its not required to be logical.

Jesus Christ NO VALK!!!!!

Everything natrual is logical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just ask the educated

Guest Valk0010

So to tie all threads together, love need not be logical. But love is definitely natural and its not required to be logical.

Everything natrual is logical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just ask the educated

Well it was all of the sanhedrin who condemned jesus to death and you know how wrong they were!!!

Guest Valk0010

My view on love is that its a real thing and we attach value to it because we need it, to help with our own well being and survival.

If we didn't have love, we would die. Its why for example you can help to kill a baby by not touching or play with it. We call it more then biology because we value it more then just some biological necessity.

Dafuq you talking about? You are equivocating "following the rules of logic" with "having a logical reason to exist".

Guest Valk0010

Dafuq you talking about? You are equivocating "following the rules of logic" with "having a logical reason to exist".

If you are confused about what I said at least. MM got it right. Love is not logical but has logical necessity.

If you are confused about what I said at least. MM got it right. Love is not logical but has logical necessity.

Sometimes I find it hard to believe that End really is this stupid and not just goofing around for kicks and laughs.

Guest Babylonian Dream

What does that have to do with what I said? Nothing.

Sure it does, you just didn't make the connection.

Show me the connection, for I do not see one, O knowing One!

I've noticed the same pattern with you. Freudianism has nothing to do with it, Freud didn't know what he was talking about. Also, even if you did specialize in attacking men, that would too be sexism. See, you can't even pretend not to discriminate.

Who said I didn't disciminate. Egregious sinner has no meaning for you?

I know what you mean by it, I just think its stupid and makes you less of a person to be a discriminator. Though you wear being a sinner, being low, being worthy of hell and not heaven, as some badge of honor in some very sick way. Typical of the religion.

Sometimes I find it hard to believe that End really is this stupid and not just goofing around for kicks and laughs.

My thoughts as well.

Q.

Which of these three is a figure of speech and not an exact, accurate statement?

* I work in science DAILY.i.e I religiously practice science.

* This is a one-horse town.

* My feet are killing me.

A.

They all are.

My feet haven't hatched a plan to terminate me with extreme prejudice - they're killing me is just a figure of speech.

Nor have I checked the number of horses within the city limits - a one horse town is a figure of speech.

Nor does End3 practice the religion of science - doing anything religiously is a figure of speech.

Figures of speech are not exact or accurate description of anything. They are a play on words, intended to convey a certain meaning. Taking them as true and accurate descriptions is a fundamental error and a misuse of language.

BAA.

• Like 1

I'm listening. Please explain to me if everything natural has a cause and associated mechanism, that somehow illogical is a product of this environment. Really, I would like to know.

Edit: Here's your chance to be famous MM. From a reductionistic system, how does illogical exist.

I'm listening. Please explain to me if everything natural has a cause and associated mechanism, that somehow illogical is a product of this environment. Really, I would like to know.

Edit: Here's your chance to be famous MM. From a reductionistic system, how does illogical exist.

God is the ultimate in reductionism. Actually I can go further and call this concept G. I define G to be the ultimate in logic and truth. How does this get us anywhere? The Bible has zero explanatory power. It "explains" by appealing to a deeper mystery. What an unsubstantiated waste of time...

Illogical is simply a brain failing. Happens all the time. Stop equivocating as that is illogical.

Edit: Here's your chance to . . .

Lose the chip on your shoulder, if that is even possible.

As for your question the world is chaos. Brains fail all the time. They are complex and prone to failure. You can see from the sheer amount of religious people in our population that logic is something for which we are still struggling. Maybe you can't see it because of your belief that good things are handed to us by a divine father. In reality brain traits are only propagate in a population if they grant a breeding advantage.

Illogical is simply a brain failing. Happens all the time. Stop equivocating as that is illogical.

Edit: Here's your chance to . . .

Lose the chip on your shoulder, if that is even possible.

As for your question the world is chaos. Brains fail all the time. They are complex and prone to failure. You can see from the sheer amount of religious people in our population that logic is something for which we are still struggling. Maybe you can't see it because of your belief that good things are handed to us by a divine father. In reality brain traits are only propagate in a population if they grant a breeding advantage.

How wonderfully simplistic. You didn't even come close to what I am asking about. If a+b=c in this world as science reports, Then how do we get 3c7g4#? What I don't like, the chip you describe, are the over-educated self publishing know it alls like A and goes alot for the rest of y'all that religiously hold to the a+b=c in this world, but don't have a fuckin clue of how we arrive at 3c7g4#. And then, have the audacity to blame it on someone's God view and that all of that particular God view is ignorant, stupid, vapid, and on and on and on.

This really really is a disgusting outlook on life. It is a wonderful shame that people within Christianity have accomplished the driving away of humanity to this extreme and extremism of intellectual dullness. The take home message is that we are all on equal ground on not knowing and that freedom comes from Grace.,.,....dumbass. Go revisit what you are doing in your mind at this point MM, because you are dreadfully wrong.

How wonderfully simplistic. You didn't even come close to what I am asking about.

It's not my fault if you can't write clearly. People have been asking you to clarify for 7 pages now.

If a+b=c in this world as science reports, Then how do we get 3c7g4#?

I sure wish you would clearly define things rather than writing nonsense.

What I don't like, the chip you describe, are the over-educated self publishing know it alls like A and goes alot for the rest of y'all that religiously hold to the a+b=c in this world, but don't have a fuckin clue of how we arrive at 3c7g4#.

It's a delusion in your head. I can't take it away from you.

And then, have the audacity to blame it on someone's God view and that all of that particular God view is ignorant, stupid, vapid, and on and on and on.

Yet you have the problem. Maybe you should consider your problem is caused by your belief. I know mine was back when I shared the same problem and the same belief.

This really really is a disgusting outlook on life. It is a wonderful shame that people within Christianity have accomplished the driving away of humanity to this extreme and extremism of intellectual dullness. The take home message is that we are all on equal ground on not knowing and that freedom comes from Grace.,.,....dumbass. Go revisit what you are doing in your mind at this point MM, because you are dreadfully wrong.

If I am wrong then why is it that you cannot demonstrate it is so? Why is it that I can clearly illustrate my point and back it up?

Those who rely on science don't have the existential problems with which you are clearly wrestling.

Something always existed. For an unknown reason it took the form of the Big Bang. Then our current universe followed. Later on life formed on our planet for an unknown reason. Then that life diverged through evolution. A few million years ago hominids spread all over our planet. Tens of thousands of years ago modern humans arose and spread out to be the only hominid survivor. Then humans invented religion. The early gods we made were crude and primitive but over time we learned to imagine more interesting gods. The more interesting the theology the more popular the religion became. Eventually humans invented the Old Testament and even Christianity. Then much later humans invented logic and science - tools for learning the truth. We can track geology, biology, archeology and anthropology to follow the evidence to fill in some of the gaps. The truth is confirmed in all the evidence we look at.

We don't have to worry about if babies can have love. You know who does understand that sort of thing? Neurologists! Most of them are atheists. Think it's a coincidence? I don't. Ask Sam Harris.

Wow, I understand know....the bag bang, evolution, human it just is explanation that coincedentally neurologist understand.....

whoosh, damn, I'm glad they know. I was afraid only you arrogant fucks here knew.

. . . arrogant fucks . . . .

Quit projecting

Oh, and are you ever going to define what you think "3c7g4#" means? I'm starting to think you won't.

Let me make it more simple. If we have pieces that fit together in a reductionist sense, piece a and piece b, then a+b we are going to call c. With that said, and even if c fails, the rejoining of a's, b's, c's and now broken fragments of c's along with all the other billions of influences and billions of other letters and number to add to the mix creates something we can't predict. Again, the chip for me is the people, like A, with the arrogance to believe that we KNOW the outcome already and relegate it to "it's in the research" if you would get off your lazy ass and look. I can assure you without getting off my lazy ass that we won't be able to predict this stuff with much certainty. And then, with that attitude make science their savior. Give me a break. It's about as classy as fundamental Christianity.....just different fundamentalism.

FYI, I'm not going to attempt anymore explanation. if you can't get this, which most of you seemingly can't, then you are too stupid to visit.

• Super Moderator

End3, you just need a little Viking love about now.

Let me make it more simple. If we have pieces that fit together in a reductionist sense, piece a and piece b, then a+b we are going to call c. With that said, and even if c fails, the rejoining of a's, b's, c's and now broken fragments of c's along with all the other billions of influences and billions of other letters and number to add to the mix creates something we can't predict.

That is not making it simple. You are making it overly complicated. Save the algebra for actual math problems. I have tried to guess at what you mean and you didn't like that so I will just wait for you to put your idea into words.

Again, the chip for me is the people, like A, with the arrogance to believe that we KNOW the outcome already and relegate it to "it's in the research" if you would get off your lazy ass and look.

And all of that is a delusion in your head. A is not arrogant. I'm sure A doesn't claim to know the outcome of nonsense you can't even clarify. You are asking about neurology when you don't even know enough about it to clearly state your question. Your chip on your shoulder is you pretending you are being persecuted while you are being rude to everybody. Knock that off any you will find people are not as annoyed by you. You know A was polite you you at first. You pissed that away with your tricks.

I can assure you without getting off my lazy ass that we won't be able to predict this stuff with much certainty.

Some things we can't. It would help if you would tell me what "stuff" you were talking about.

And then, with that attitude make science their savior.

You are being dishonest. I call you on your dishonesty.

Give me a break. It's about as classy as fundamental Christianity.....just different fundamentalism.

You can lie all you wish. I am not impressed.

FYI, I'm not going to attempt anymore explanation. if you can't get this, which most of you seemingly can't, then you are too stupid to visit.

You spent seven pages trying to explain and failing ever time but it is everybody else who is "too stupid"? End you are not fooling anybody.

Let me make it more simple. If we have pieces that fit together in a reductionist sense, piece a and piece b, then a+b we are going to call c. With that said, and even if c fails, the rejoining of a's, b's, c's and now broken fragments of c's along with all the other billions of influences and billions of other letters and number to add to the mix creates something we can't predict. Again, the chip for me is the people, like A, with the arrogance to believe that we KNOW the outcome already and relegate it to "it's in the research" if you would get off your lazy ass and look. I can assure you without getting off my lazy ass that we won't be able to predict this stuff with much certainty. And then, with that attitude make science their savior. Give me a break. It's about as classy as fundamental Christianity.....just different fundamentalism.

Get rid of this notion of absolute certainty. It's more accurate to think in terms of probabilities. It's all about workable results we obtain. And the best tools for this job that have been demonstrated over and over again are science, logic and reasoned argument.

I don't think you understand the scientific method and what we understand by knowledge. Science is "Post Axiomatic Justification." If we can prove that a claim is wrong, science adjusts to incorporate that new understanding and doesn't obstinately cling on to old dogma. The same cannot be said of religion.

Guest Babylonian Dream
We don't have to worry about if babies can have love. You know who does understand that sort of thing? Neurologists! Most of them are atheists. Think it's a coincidence? I don't. Ask Sam Harris.

And I don't think that its a coincidence that most scientists period are atheists. Also, those who've studied religion and history objectively, area also nearly all atheists or at the very least not following any organized religion. With the knowledge of how all human religions came about, it would be impossible to simultaeneously be honest with yourself, and believe in most if not all religions.

I love how he loves to ignore my responses to him.

Get rid of this notion of absolute certainty. It's more accurate to think in terms of probabilities. It's all about workable results we obtain. And the best tools for this job that have been demonstrated over and over again are science, logic and reasoned argument.

I'm trying to express that I am not the one advocating absolute certainty S. I don't have any problem with people that are willing to admit such. That is NOT what I am getting from her....not that it matters, but that doesn't mean I have to continue the insanity.

I don't think you understand the scientific method and what we understand by knowledge. Science is "Post Axiomatic Justification." If we can prove that a claim is wrong, science adjusts to incorporate that new understanding and doesn't obstinately cling on to old dogma. The same cannot be said of religion.

What I don't think y'all give me credit for IS understanding the scientific method. And then you mix money and humanity in with the scientific method and you get funny results....imagine. Forgive me for being a skeptic......I do science and work with science people daily. Let me allow you to please understand, please sir, is that there ain't a bunch of Einsteins roaming this earth. Granted there are some damn sharp folks, but I don't believe they are as numerous as people think.

How wonderfully simplistic. You didn't even come close to what I am asking about.

How can anyone answer if your question isn't correctly formulated? I've been saying it for days now that you won't get any answers you like because your questions are badly stated.

Or you're too stupid to ask questions in a way that makes sense.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Or you're too stupid to ask questions in a way that makes sense.

That's what I like about you, you don't hold back and don't take/talk crap. You say what you mean and don't try to be nice about it. I wish I could do that!

That's what I like about you, you don't hold back and don't take/talk crap. You say what you mean and don't try to be nice about it. I wish I could do that!

It's a curse at times. :grin:

No, wait, it's actually a curse a lot of times. Imagine when my wife asks me about her new dress and how it makes her look. :(