Goodbye Jesus

Is Love Logical

Guest end3

What I don't think y'all give me credit for IS understanding the scientific method. And then you mix money and humanity in with the scientific method and you get funny results....imagine. Forgive me for being a skeptic......I do science and work with science people daily. Let me allow you to please understand, please sir, is that there ain't a bunch of Einsteins roaming this earth. Granted there are some damn sharp folks, but I don't believe they are as numerous as people think.

Do you acknowledge that in their purest ideal forms, untarnished by human ego, science and religion are not the same at all?

If you acknowledge that, then how do you reconcile some Biblical claims such as talking snakes, virgin births, dying for a weekend and resurrecting, which any science would conclude was laughably absurd?

It's pretty simple S. I don't believe in talking snakes, etc. I think that some stories are more mythical than others. Also, my subjective faith concludes that there is something there, and I happen to believe the story of Christ. With that said, all I have is faith. But, and here's a big but. Many things IMO in the natural world follow 'in type" i.e. analogous to the stories of the Bible. I am talking natural prinicples. So that and the sum total of arrows pointing to this conclusion make more sense to me that factual proof. In other words, I don't see how the Bible can match so well from so many different perspectives.....practical truth, analogous natural truth, but more from a subjective sense rather than factual.......a spiritual "Chem Abstracts".

Guest Valk0010

It's pretty simple S. I don't believe in talking snakes, etc. I think that some stories are more mythical than others. Also, my subjective faith concludes that there is something there, and I happen to believe the story of Christ. With that said, all I have is faith. But, and here's a big but. Many things IMO in the natural world follow 'in type" i.e. analogous to the stories of the Bible. I am talking natural prinicples. So that and the sum total of arrows pointing to this conclusion make more sense to me that factual proof. In other words, I don't see how the Bible can match so well from so many different perspectives.....practical truth, analogous natural truth, but more from a subjective sense rather than factual.......a spiritual "Chem Abstracts".

In other words you believe because you absolutely feel you have too. Sorry to say.

How do we know which stories we are supposed to take as mythical and which ones to take literally? This is a basic failure in communication.

The Bible follows natural principles? Really? I don't think so. When I read any gospel miracle I find it totally unbelievable. They are the antithesis of natural - gravity-defying walking on water, raising from the dead. withering a fig tree etc.

Have you read The Jesus Mysteries by Timothy Freke? I thought it quite interesting how they revealed the Jesus myth to be very similar to those attributed to Osiris, Dionysis, Mithras and other pagan godmen who die and resurrect and have other bold claims made about their abilities. There's no good evidence that Jesus even existed at all, let alone did the stuff claimed about him in the Bible.