Goodbye Jesus

Your Profile Name And Photo

Denyoz

Soon after moving here I came to realize that much of Florida is more like Flor-DUH. People have compared me to the House character, which is fine with me because I think he is the most interesting, entertaining and complex character to hit TV in a long time - and he's an atheist!

And I still hear every damn post you make in House's voice.

• Like 1

Photo: deer hunt 2011 east Texas

I derived the screen name after the song 'To the Morning' written by the late Dan Fogelberg. It represents an embracing of a new life for me.

• Like 4

My daughter's name is Amanda and we call her "Amanda Panda" all the time. Plus every time me and my boyfriend see a cute baby, we call them a "Panda" to mean "baby."

Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my favorite movies of all time. I saw it 33 times in the theatre during the summer of 2003. And, my daughter was born in Johnny Depp's birthday; June 9th.

As for my avatar, I chose Clint Eastwood because I'm cranky, just like many of his characters.

• Like 3

Well, my handle has a lot to do with my rather macabre animations, portraiture enhancements, and such. I use it everywhere so people can find me on the internet rather quickly as well.

As far as my pic? Any of you that have known me for a bit already know that I tend to shake things up on a regular basis. This week's newest pic depicts my rather serious "Get the fuck over yourself and relax" side. I am not smiling while picking my nose. I'm frowning at the people frowning at what I am doing.... It's my nose, not yours... Get the fuck over yourself and relax! smileybreasts.gif

I love it!

Soon after moving here I came to realize that much of Florida is more like Flor-DUH. People have compared me to the House character, which is fine with me because I think he is the most interesting, entertaining and complex character to hit TV in a long time - and he's an atheist!

And, you, my friend, are my favorite Floridian. I live in "florduh" too. Pensacola. Where abouts are you?

• Super Moderator
Where abouts are you?

All the old people live in Pensacola. Their parents live in St. Pete, where I do.

Where abouts are you?

All the old people live in Pensacola. Their parents live in St. Pete, where I do.

No, they don't. They all died. Pensacola has actually become quite the progressive little city; Our mayor, Ashton Howard is in his 40's. The median age is 41.3, which is about my age. I'll be 42 in October.

• Super Moderator
Where abouts are you?

No, they don't. They all died. Pensacola has actually become quite the progressive little city; Our mayor, Ashton Howard is in his 40's. The median age is 41.3, which is about my age. I'll be 42 in October.

It was just a lame joke! Damn kids! I thought the 40s were the best decade, but now I'm sold on my 60s being the best! Hang in there, kid; you'll be moving to St. Pete or Sarasota any time now.......

Where abouts are you?

It was just a lame joke! Damn kids! I thought the 40s were the best decade, but now I'm sold on my 60s being the best! Hang in there, kid; you'll be moving to St. Pete or Sarasota any time now.......

I'm sure I'll be like Cint in my old age...sitting on my porch with a rifle, saying "Get off my lawn." Now I"m gonna have to change my avatar. Thanks, Florduh.

/thread hijack.

My name is Italian for "tied together" and refers to a string of musical notes that are smoothly connected with no intervening silence. I play a lot of guitar but mainly I just like the way the word sounds so I started using it in forums.

My picture is from the greatest online comic ever! http://pbfcomics.com/

It reminds me to smile more and not take life so seriously, something I struggle with.

I have ALWAYS loved your avatar, Legato. It makes me smile every time I see it. And for some reason gives me the urge to say "yay!", though I'm not entirely sure why.

Great thread!

Like blackpudd1n, this is my first online forum. I joined Ex-C the day after my husband gave me a tablet as a gift (and yes, I've since blamed my atheism on him tongue.png ). I was living in a tiny travel trailer in our backyard during a major home restoration while also reading a lot of philosophy specific to my discipline. I have many fond memories of sitting in my little trailer, playing with my tablet, and googling a word I had heard someone say: "Ex-Christian". I googled that....and got this wonderful site....and the rest is history!

My name, Positivist, is explained in my signature. It is a philosophical orientation and worldview towards objectivism, realism and the empirical not woo. I live in a woo-free world now and I'm loving it. Positivism does not mean having a positive attitude... I am not a positive person and I despise positive thinking on principle.

My avatar is a cowgirl. I just like her kick-ass spunk. The original avatar had a big-ass cigar, but I just can't wrap my head around smoking anything and can't even pretend I condone it from a health perspective, so I PhotoShopped that out.

I am not a cowgirl. I am a west coast hippy living in cowboy country.

Maybe one day I'll trade my Birkenstocks and Scarpas for a pair of cowboy boots. Nah.....won't happen....

Love ya all!!! smile.png

• Like 3

Here is the place where you can explain to the world your choice of profile name and photo. Some are pretty obvious, others quite mysterious, but they all reveal something interesting about you that you might wish to share.

I am certainly interested in hearing what that name means to you and why you selected that photo.

I'll go first. Deny is my real name phonetically. "yo" means "hey" or "hi". The letter "z" is seldom used, so I just wanted to pay tribute to it.

My profile photo is a Sim I created with The Sims 3 video game. This character was meant to represent me.

I always thought yours was "Deny Oz", as in "Deny the mystical land of Oz (representing xianity). Wow, I was way off.

Oh. My last name is Mc********.

And I'm a daddy.

Another acceptable answer would have been DaddyMac, the other member of Kriss Kross, an extremely hard core and thuggish death rap group of the early 90s.

:P

• Like 3

I'm terrible at coming up with creative names, so mine is simply "agnostic" spelled backwards (I guess because I'm somewhat of a backward type of guy).

My current picture is one I snapped of part of a book cover I saw in a store once. I used to be an avid drummer, so I thought it was a cute little picture. I temporarily used it as a computer backround, and then forgot about it for a while. When I was hunting for a picture for the forum, I came across it again and figured it's the best I've got, so there it is.

• Like 6

I am a running fanatic who instead of putting his expensive study bible in the toilet to snap a pic i simply googled "bible in toilet" and found a winner. try to explain a soaked bible to a Fundy wife.

• Like 3

Okay. Y'all need to think about this whole "changing profile pics mid-thread" thing. I know I'm a bit tired and heat-loopy (day 3 of AC being broken, YAY), but I kept staring at some of these posts wondering what I'm missing.

Citsonga: I feel dumb now. I thought it was some Native American word. Hilarious!

RR: Tell her you cried all over it...?

<3 you guys

I was looking for a name for my blog (about my deconversion) and somehow ended up on a site that had a list of nicknames for redheads. Copper Top stood out to me mostly because I LOVE The Matrix, and there's a scene where someone calls Neo a "copper top" because he's still plugged in, and the other where Morpheus holds up a Duracell battery. Anyway, between my red hair and the whole "unplugged" idea, I liked the nickname. Added "lil" to the beginning because....well....I'm little.

As for my picture....a friend took that picture of me a couple summers ago. Had just gotten out of a bad relationship and was questioning a lot of things...and having just left that relationship, I now had the freedom to explore the questions I was beginning to have about the Bible. So it's actually a picture of me at the beginning of my deconversion. Honestly, I used that pic here just because I liked it, but now that I have to explain it I discover there's a little more meaning to it than I expected.

• Like 4

When I was a kid somebody slipped a joke $3 bill into a stack of change. At first it looked like actual money, then when you took a closer look you noticed it had Bill Clinton's face on it and it wasn't real money. Then you realized it was a political joke.

When I look back at my old beliefs, at first they seem familiar and comforting. Then I look closer and notice there are lots of thing wrong with it, and that it's all a sham- just like that 3 dollar bill.

• Like 4

When I was a kid somebody slipped a joke $3 bill into a stack of change. At first it looked like actual money, then when you took a closer look you noticed it had Bill Clinton's face on it and it wasn't real money. Then you realized it was a political joke.

When I look back at my old beliefs, at first they seem familiar and comforting. Then I look closer and notice there are lots of thing wrong with it, and that it's all a sham- just like that 3 dollar bill.

Huh. I just saw a $0 bill on the wall at a local coffee shop. It had Stephen Harper (Prime Minister of Canada) on it.

I play a lot of online games under the name "Rekanos". When I registered for this website my wife didn't know that I have given up my faith, so I didn't want to use the same moniker for fear of her finding out (yeah I was pretty terrified). I ended up just shortening it to Rek and adding 99 for the heck of it.

My avatar is a bit more meaningful. I took an Astronomy course this past semester and I learned a lot about science that would never be taught in church, let alone Bible College that I went to years ago. The Galaxy is M-51, the Whirlpool Galaxy that's about 23-24 million light years away. 5 years ago if someone told me anything happened "millions" of years ago I would have laughed. It helps remind me to keep an open mind and not just reject what other intelligent people say just because I "know better".

I actually had a chance to send away to an observatory in Southern Arizona and got back 3 pictures that I layered on top of one another and got a pretty good image.

ir71jl.jpg

• Like 3

I'm terrible at coming up with creative names, so mine is simply "agnostic" spelled backwards (I guess because I'm somewhat of a backward type of guy).

Mind = blown

ED: Not trying to be sarcastic. I genuinely had no idea.

My user name is because I am living away from my country for the time being and many British ex-patriots are called "ex-pats." 674 is just the month and year of my birth.

My picture is of Rhossili Bay on the Gower Peninsula in South Wales.

• Like 3

...Copper Top stood out to me mostly because I LOVE The Matrix, and there's a scene where someone calls Neo a "copper top" because he's still plugged in, and the other where Morpheus holds up a Duracell battery...

Just for some laughs, Duracell was a common nickname for redheads here when I was young :P

• Like 1

Mind = blown

ED: Not trying to be sarcastic. I genuinely had no idea.

Yeah, that totally blew my mind today, too. I very nearly said, "Oh. Duh!" out loud when I read that.

The name is just word play of "Silent Night". I've been using it for years. The Silent part is because I don't talk much IRL, and the Knight part because I'm an idealist and a fantasy fan.

My picture is a character from my web comic, Sir Pollywock. He's a confused silly man, a la inspector gadget.

• Like 3