Goodbye Jesus

Your Profile Name And Photo

Denyoz

...Copper Top stood out to me mostly because I LOVE The Matrix, and there's a scene where someone calls Neo a "copper top" because he's still plugged in, and the other where Morpheus holds up a Duracell battery...

Just for some laughs, Duracell was a common nickname for redheads here when I was young tongue.png

They used to call me Big Red (though, I wasn't big) for being a red head, and Puff the Magic Dragon (because my hair was rather wild and puffy)

The name is just word play of "Silent Night". I've been using it for years. The Silent part is because I don't talk much IRL, and the Knight part because I'm an idealist and a fantasy fan.

My picture is a character from my web comic, Sir Pollywock. He's a confused silly man, a la inspector gadget.

I thought your profile picture was from a Starwars comic, so I also thought your name was a Starwars reference.

Joe Coastie was a name used in test questions during basic training. I took my profile picture myself. I wrapped Bible pages around a TP tube and snapped a picture. It felt like a creative thing to do with the old rag.

• Like 5

I took my profile picture myself. I wrapped Bible pages around a TP tube and snapped a picture. It felt like a creative thing to do with the old rag.

Ha! ha! Wow, I admire that! Something you can be proud of. Two thumbs up.

I'm terrible at coming up with creative names, so mine is simply "agnostic" spelled backwards (I guess because I'm somewhat of a backward type of guy).

Mind = blown

ED: Not trying to be sarcastic. I genuinely had no idea.

Yeah, that totally blew my mind today, too. I very nearly said, "Oh. Duh!" out loud when I read that.

Yeah, add me to the list. I've always wondered what the hell that meant... I'm gonna start reading everyone's names backward now to see if I'm missing anything... GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I'm terrible at coming up with creative names, so mine is simply "agnostic" spelled backwards (I guess because I'm somewhat of a backward type of guy).

Mind = blown

Yeah, that totally blew my mind today, too. I very nearly said, "Oh. Duh!" out loud when I read that.

Yeah, add me to the list. I've always wondered what the hell that meant... I'm gonna start reading everyone's names backward now to see if I'm missing anything... GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

;)

I should have added that I also liked the fact that "Citsonga" contains "song" in it. I've always been really into music.

• Like 1

Mind = blown

And me...........gosh we're a slow bunch! ;)

Mine is probably obvious, but a little background. I remember years earlier some guy in the cult was saying how the movie "V for Vendetta" was subversive, evil...for the remainder of years I was in the bible cult I dared not watch it because I didn't want to expose myself to "evil". However as my sanity & ability to think for myself returned & after I had the courage to walk away from bible religion, seeing "V for Vendetta" was one of the first things I HAD to do.

The image I use is a drawing of mine that was originally a pencil drawing that I manipulated in Photoshop. I don't want to spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it, but watching that movie was cathartic...I imagined doing those things V did to all of the abusive men & women who take advantage of naive & innocent people using "God" & religion.

My NeverAgainV is I was thinking about how abusive bible religion was & told myself "NEVER AGAIN!!" I will NEVER let someone take advantage of me again using "gawd" or some damned holy book.

I added the "V" because if I could....I would love to see those religious assholes get a taste of what they've dealt out & then some....

v-for-vendetta-knives.jpg

Vmask3web.jpg

• Like 4

The name is just word play of "Silent Night". I've been using it for years. The Silent part is because I don't talk much IRL, and the Knight part because I'm an idealist and a fantasy fan.

My picture is a character from my web comic, Sir Pollywock. He's a confused silly man, a la inspector gadget.

I thought your profile picture was from a Starwars comic, so I also thought your name was a Starwars reference.

Joe Coastie was a name used in test questions during basic training. I took my profile picture myself. I wrapped Bible pages around a TP tube and snapped a picture. It felt like a creative thing to do with the old rag.

WOW! I always liked your picture, thought maybe you had gotten the image from some online image gallery. Love that you did it yourself. It's awesome.goodjob.gif

V for Vendetta is a damn fucking cult movie firedevil.gif

• Like 1

V for Vendetta is a damn fucking cult movie firedevil.gif

Right! :) For me it's the type of movie I can watch over & over again.

V for Vendetta is a damn fucking cult movie

Right! smile.png For me it's the type of movie I can watch over & over again.

Ok you guys, stop it. Now I really want to see that movie.

WOW! I always liked your picture, thought maybe you had gotten the image from some online image gallery. Love that you did it yourself. It's awesome.goodjob.gif

Links to more of my stuff here: http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/53036-my-webcomic-and-other-art/

We'll get them all eventually :lmao:

• Like 1

Do it!!! It is kinda intense though....

He lives! He lives!.... me.

• Like 4

Mind = blown

And me...........gosh we're a slow bunch! wink.png

Got room for one more? Wendyloser.gif

• Like 1

short for my real online name .............magnolya_rain. I have always loved magnolia trees and walking in a warm summer rain. pic is a mandala I made.

• Like 3

My screenname is one I had already used around the interwebs a lot, and still use. I thought it up way after deconverting and being openly pagan in Alabama. So the two reactions I got used to were "you're crazy" and "YOU GOUNTER BURN IN HAYELL, YA DAYUM HEATHEN!" Put them together as a "fuck you." And my dad always joked with me about my obsession with sleeping in moonlight (I moved my bed for this purpose more than once) and how it used to be believed that would make someone crazy, hence "luna-tic." So, it fits me all around and "Luna" is often how it's shortened online. I like that.

My current pic is my Mom Goddess. Yes, She's a cow. And sometimes turns into a lioness. Stop looking at me like that. I told you my name. :P

• Like 5

Yup it's a dark scenario (but feels frighteningly plausible in more than one way), and V himself is a very "dark" hero - though very stylish and a genius :fdevil:

• Like 1

Yup it's a dark scenario (but feels frighteningly plausible in more than one way), and V himself is a very "dark" hero - though very stylish and a genius firedevil.gif

I love that V has an appreciation for art, music & of course is a genius. Love the character. Did you know it was a graphic novel first?

v CoverSmall.jpg

v for vendettacomicPage.png

Mine is probably obvious, but a little background. I remember years earlier some guy in the cult was saying how the movie "V for Vendetta" was subversive, evil...for the remainder of years I was in the bible cult I dared not watch it because I didn't want to expose myself to "evil". However as my sanity & ability to think for myself returned & after I had the courage to walk away from bible religion, seeing "V for Vendetta" was one of the first things I HAD to do.

The image I use is a drawing of mine that was originally a pencil drawing that I manipulated in Photoshop. I don't want to spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it, but watching that movie was cathartic...I imagined doing those things V did to all of the abusive men & women who take advantage of naive & innocent people using "God" & religion.

My NeverAgainV is I was thinking about how abusive bible religion was & told myself "NEVER AGAIN!!" I will NEVER let someone take advantage of me again using "gawd" or some damned holy book.

I added the "V" because if I could....I would love to see those religious assholes get a taste of what they've dealt out & then some....

I really don't understand the Guy Fawkes mask, hey. It's confusing me, because Guy Fawkes was going to blow up the parliament... In order to re-instate Catholic control and quell the protestant movement. The dude was against democracy, and all for the autocratic power of the Catholic church, and yet he's somehow become a symbol of anti-religion or something. I don't get it- is it meant to be intentionally ironic or something?

I really don't understand the Guy Fawkes mask, hey. It's confusing me, because Guy Fawkes was going to blow up the parliament... In order to re-instate Catholic control and quell the protestant movement. The dude was against democracy, and all for the autocratic power of the Catholic church, and yet he's somehow become a symbol of anti-religion or something. I don't get it- is it meant to be intentionally ironic or something?

http://www.cracked.com/article_18606_8-historic-symbols-that-mean-opposite-what-you-think.html

That might clear some things up for you.

• Like 1

My first name is Sandra which comes from the name Alexander. My maiden name begins with Mc, so xandermac. I am a southern cook which is the reason for the biscuit in hell. I don't do pictures on the internet. There are a couple out there of young skinny me, but since I'll never meet you guys anyway I'd just as soon you imagine me young and hot.

• Like 3

I love that V has an appreciation for art, music & of course is a genius. Love the character. Did you know it was a graphic novel first?

Yup I've seen it already in a bookstore not far from where I live, all-in-one hardcover. I was seriously tempted to burn the don't-remember-how-many € for it. smile.png

Yes the original Guy Fawkes was kind of a religious fanatic. He could also be seen as a freedom fighter though, because well catholics were suppressed in his day and living place. Doesn't make his side the "good" one but in a way he fought for "freedom".

That said, V in the movie only uses the rough symbolism of Fawkes to, as he says it in the movie, remind people that "Freedom and justice are not just mere words - they are perspectives". (quoted from memory and translated into English)

The V in the movie is a freedom fighter lock, stock and barrel. Cynical, with quite a bit of a "dark" side to himself, but still, he fights to overthrow a repressive regime.

(Edited to remove typo)

• Like 1

Yup I've seen it already in a bookstore not far from where I live, all-in-one hardcover. I was seriously tempted to burn the don't-remember-how-many € for it. smile.png

Yes the original Guy Fawkes was kind of a religious fanatic. He could also be seen as a freedom fighter though, because well catholics were suppressed in his day and living place. Doesn't make his side the "good" one but in a way he fought for "freedom".

That said, V in the movie only uses the rough symbolism of Fawkes to, as he says it in the movie, remind people that "Freedom and justice are not just mere words - they are perspectives". (quoted from memory and translated into English)

The V in the movies is a freedom fighter lock, stock and barrel. Cynical, with quite a bit of a "dark" side to himself, but still, he fights to overthrow a repressive regime.

^^^^^^^^yeah that. :D