Goodbye Jesus

Your Profile Name And Photo

Denyoz

I don't mind if people know who I am. So it's my own photo. And RaLeah is short for Rachel Leah... my parents named me after the sisters in the Bible. (Ironically, my 3 sisters have totally non-biblical names, all still Christians, and I'm not. Go figure.)

• Like 1

I took the alias "Two" on a blog site some years ago because, being in a rather depressing marriage with a wife who is clinically depressed and who also suffers from a number of other health problems, I would sometimes say "I wish I were two", as in "two years old". People talk about the "terrible twos", but my experience with two-year-olds was that they may cry briefly, but they get over whatever it is quickly and are mostly happy. Why wouldn't they be? Life is grand for a two year old!

At some point, somebody wanted to know my name so I made one up using the "two" idea. I spelled my name variously Paul Twohey and Paul Tuohey (both of which Google shows me are real names!), and from there it wasn't hard to move on to "Mr. Two". Paul is actually my middle name, but "Twohey" comes from "I wish I were two". (It has nothing to do with a two-seat Toyota often called "Mr. Two".)

The icon is one I put together for that blog from just searching for representations of the number 2 in graphics. The left part shows a man and boy looking at a very large "2", and the right side is a sundial reading two o'clock.

Ironically, I never say or think "I wish I were two" anymore. Life isn't any better, so I suppose I've matured enough to quit wishing.

• Like 2

Hey, everyone.

I developed my profile based upon all the things that have had spiritual meaning to me outside of Christianity, some of which I used to feel a bit guilty over.

My name is derived from the meaning of my real-life middle name, which is 'seeker of knowledge (in the cosmic sense)'. Ironically, it's an Islamic name, but I've always felt that name was a definition of my life's path even before I left Christianity. I tweaked it to include 'goddess' because I've always been attracted to pagan goddesses, femininity, sacred woman rites and such.

My avatar...I confess to being a big Beyoncé devotee (if she had a church, I'd be an associate pastor. The one standing behind her in the pulpit, yelling "PREACH!"). The conspiracy theorists on the internet brought it to my attention that many of her videos, concerts, and costumes are really representations of the Egyptian lion-goddess Sekhmet. This made so much sense that I looked her up on the internet and the decided to make her my favorite goddess in my personal mental pantheon. I don't believe she's real (that'd be quite scary) but I believe in human consciousness her anger and persona can be tapped into to for strength or whatever. 

• Like 1

Oh, and I declare that Sheldon wins the internet. You know, because Sheldon.

R.S. stands for RubySera, my original online name that I chose nearly ten years ago on a completely different forum. It's a variation on the spelling on my first and middle names. Admittedly, in Ruby the third letter needs to be flipped to make a "d" for my real name. It was my mother's maiden surname. For a short time, I used RubySeraMartin, and now R. S. Martin or rsmartin on various forums. Martin is not my real name but where I'm from--my native Mennonite community--there's more Martins than any other name so I took it as a culturally correct name.

My picture keeps changing and has no real meaning. What I've got right now is rain splashing on red gravel outside my door. Not really sure that I've got any "meaningful" pic to put up.

• Like 1

I came up with my user name when I was a kid years ago as an email address. I've used it for a variety of things since. I thought it would be fitting on this website because for me Christianity was a dark illusion.

My pic is something I drew from an aquatic biology course I took in college. It's an artistic rendition of the plankton known as daphnia. To me it represents how wonderful and complex life is, even in the tiniest organisms. Science is amazing!

• Like 2

I have no idea why I chose a mouse as my avatar. I've had this one so long, I don't remember any of the ones I used to use. However, I'm pretty sure they had something to do with a mouse, also. Shortly after I joined ExC, I taught myself how to make wine. Understandably, I was tickled to death when I found this little guy sitting on a cheese wheel drinking wine. It became my perfect avatar and I never changed it again.

My screen name is just a silly mispronunciation of the word 'freethought' not 'sweetheart' like some of the ladies around here used to think.

• Like 1

I remember how you once had a three blind mice avatar... and somehow I think I can also remember how I got you into making mead... :P

I remember how you once had a three blind mice avatar... and somehow I think I can also remember how I got you into making mead... :P

Yes! I remember now! After the three blind mice, I had the singular blind mouse. Ha- ha! Wow. Seems so long ago...

Here it is ---> http://my.biotechlife.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/three_blind_mice_lg_nwm.gif

The last batch of wine I made was the cherry that I bottled about six years ago. I think I still have about 5 or 6 bottles left, too.

I remember how you once had a three blind mice avatar... and somehow I think I can also remember how I got you into making mead... tongue.png

Yes! I remember now! After the three blind mice, I had the singular blind mouse. Ha- ha! Wow. Seems so long ago...

Here it is ---> http://my.biotechlife.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/three_blind_mice_lg_nwm.gif

The last batch of wine I made was the cherry that I bottled about six years ago. I think I still have about 5 or 6 bottles left, too.

If you ever changed your avatar I don't think I'd recognize you--well, yes, Fweethought, I'll always know you but I depend on seeing the little guy sitting on that wheel of red cheese when you're around.:)

Chose the online name leopardus many years ago. It's the old taxonomic name for a leopard. I happen to like big cats a lot and would gladly be one in another life.

The icon contains my favorite big cat; the black leopard. It also has the yin/yang symbol which I like both for its representation of the world as a mix of things and for its association with martial arts which I love.

• Like 1

If you ever changed your avatar I don't think I'd recognize you--well, yes, Fweethought, I'll always know you but I depend on seeing the little guy sitting on that wheel of red cheese when you're around.:)

Yeah, I wouldn't recognize me without it, either. This one just fits. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is probably obvious, but a little background.  I remember years earlier some guy in the cult was saying how the movie "V for Vendetta"  was subversive, evil...for the remainder of years I was in the bible cult I dared not watch it because I didn't want to expose myself to "evil".  However as 

my sanity & ability to think for myself returned & after I had the courage to 

walk away from bible religion, seeing "V for Vendetta" was one of the first 

things I HAD to do.

The image I use is a drawing of mine that was originally a pencil drawing that I manipulated in Photoshop. I don't want to spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it, but watching that movie was cathartic...I imagined doing those things V did to all of the abusive men & women who take 

advantage of naive & innocent people using "God" & religion.

My NeverAgainV is I was thinking about how abusive bible religion was & told myself "NEVER AGAIN!!"  I will NEVER let someone take advantage of me again using "gawd" or some damned holy book.

I added the "V" because if I could....I would love to see those religious assholes get a taste of what they've dealt out & then some....

Great movie. Do you watch Phantom and V? It's a bunch of short YouTube videos about V and the Phantom of the Opera being friends and battling different people.

Edit: I tried to post a link, but it didn't work, so look it up if you get a chance. The originals by zshadow (that's the creator's YT name) are the best ones.

I don't watch Phantom and V. I will have to check it out. Thanks!! :)

I've posted this before, but I might as well explain the new photo. The name is the title of a song I like by The Fields of the Nephilim. Coincidentally, it is also the Spanish word for "possessed", which I find rather hilarious, considering what some Christians say about atheists. The photo is Shannon Cassul, a character from one of my favorite anime series ever, Scrapped Princess. I changed it because I felt like the last one was getting old.

Duderonomy, because it sounded cool to me years ago when I was a Christian and posted on a Christian website. When I was deconverted and found this place, I read a lot like I still do.

One day, I really wanted to jump in and be a part of this site, and the name was just easy, so I used it.  It might work against me sometimes, and I have thought to ask if I could change it, but I'm not sure if I'd really want to.

My avatar is just because I was tired of the no-avatar avatar, so I put one in. I like old mustangs, but this one isn't mine. It's just a pic from the interwebs. I've thought of changing it too, but to what? I don't know.

angus is my name and the wolves photo....after christianity i started dabbling in everything i wasn't suppossed to do as a christian so i went back to my pre christian beliefs as a pagan.in a shamanic journey i got a wolf as a power animal and later took the pagan name of blackwulf.its been a while now since i did ought pagan but i do still identify myself loosly as pagan to distinguish my new life from the old name of christian.

• 5 weeks later...

I chose the name WaitingInfinity because I think I will be waiting for infinity for God to show up.

My profile picture is of Belle because she is my favorite Disney princess and I have been told that I look like her. Plus, she has an affinity for books like me. Perfect avatar.