Goodbye Jesus

Creationist Or Theistic Evolutionist?

CDFree

Guest Valk0010

Yes there's still "a number of problems" trying to align TE with the christian gawd... doesn't automatically hold true in the generic sense though

Give me the absolute best argument for TE, besides "I'm a Christian and I accept evolution as valid science, so I guess I believe in TE". I quite simply have never heard anything more elaborate than what I just wrote.

Just about anything francis collins has said on the subject is as far as I am aware the best arguements for TE I have ever seen.

Such as?

A casual glance at the wiki page for his book says god was not even involved whatsoever in our evolution. It says god started the process and then stepped away to go play golf for 3.5 billion years. By definition this is no different from Darwinian evolution by natural selection.

http://en.wikipedia....ence_for_Belief

BioLogos rests on the following premises:[7]

1. The universe was created by God, approximately 14 billion years ago.

2. The properties of the universe appear to have been precisely tuned for life.

3. While the precise mechanism of the origin of life on earth remains unknown, it is possible that the development of living organisms was part of God's original creation plan.

4. Once life began, no special further interventions by God were required.

5. Humans are part of this process, sharing a common ancestor with the great apes.

6. Humans are unique in ways that defy evolutionary explanations and point to our spiritual nature. This includes the existence of the knowledge of right and wrong and the search for God.

Well, maybe people have different views on what the words "theistic evolution" is. But that is what I understood it to be.

Where i thought it sucked, was the fine tuning part and the fact that evolution can explain why we know right from wrong.

Guest Valk0010

And its been forever since I read the book(like 2 years, so I don't remember a ton about it), but what I was referring too, was how he, fits genesis with evolution. Like how he says the cosmology of the old testament allows it, creationism turns god into a liar. Things of that nature.

And its been forever since I read the book(like 2 years, so I don't remember a ton about it), but what I was referring too, was how he, fits genesis with evolution. Like how he says the cosmology of the old testament allows it, creationism turns god into a liar. Things of that nature.

Ironic isn't it, that if you believe in Christianity whether as a creationist or evolutionist then god is a liar any way you look at it. He either lied in the book or lied with his creation. I'll take option C.

• Like 1

I make my living as an analyst so this is kind of my area of expertise. TE basically states as I understand it that evolution did happen, but god guided the process;

What is your area of expertise as an analyst? "As I understand it" is a statement of opinion, that doesn't sound like epertise to me. Just sayin'

Sorry that was unclear on my part. Professionally I am a problem solver and simply, it's my job to break both software and arguments to find their weaknesses. I was not trying to claim expertise in any field of natural science, rather illustrating that due to my nature and my training I find it easy to poke a lot of holes in theistic evolution without even trying.

Thanks for clarifying, however you are basing your analysis on your understanding if TE. As a scientist I for one fully understood the various different scientific theories, but yes at that point I also believed God was involved in the process. Genisis was allegorical to me, but that did not affect my faith.

I'd like then to pose the same question to you which I posed to Thurisaz earlier. I'm not sure whether you're a full blown atheist or whether you still hold any belief in a deity, but what is/was you absolute best evidence or argument for god being involved in the process?

I guess I just believed that the evolutionary process wasn't down to chance