Goodbye Jesus

question for christians

willybilly30

Lets say you condemn all religions saying were all going to hell.

You die and the god you been condemning is looking at you pissed off.

It says why did you condemn my religion and talk badly of me!

I still wouldn't want to be associated with the violent and gruesome god of the bible.

i meant what if they were wrong that bible god was the wrong one.

Like if a Christian died and found out Buddha was the true god for example.

Ever time I ask this to Christians they get tongue tied I want to see if one on here can answer it. I doubt it.

I cant help but notice atheists and freethinkers can answer my questions the Christians cant. I guess cause they are free to think

If I was still christian I would say, "Thats couldn't possibly happen, There's no way I'm wrong! Your going to hell!

peace

Jesus loves you

:lmao:

Good luck getting a better answer than that.

peace,

BC

Ever time I ask this to Christians they get tongue tied I want to see if one on here can answer it. I doubt it.

I cant help but notice atheists and freethinkers can answer my questions the Christians cant. I guess cause they are free to think

....what if questions are so dumb. What if you suddenly grew feathers out of your butt?

I would go to the hospital yelling help I got feathers in my ass!

....what if questions are so dumb. What if you suddenly grew feathers out of your butt?

I know. I waste my time debating with them but its fun

Especially when a fight breaks out then its funny

quote name='BuddhistCommunist' date='Nov 27 2005, 08:05 PM' post='111751']

If I was still christian I would say, "Thats couldn't possibly happen, There's no way I'm wrong! Your going to hell!

peace

Jesus loves you

:lmao:

Good luck getting a better answer than that.

peace,

BC

Purple what? A color? Why does it exist?

I don’t know

Why is purple? :scratch:

When I was a Christian I considered that question and I always answered, “I’d rather live as if there were a God and die and find out there isn’t one than live as if there isn’t a God and die and find out there is one.” I heard that certain quote from someone/something but I can’t remember the source anymore.

Interesting question, but I don't think the Christian even want to think this. They are so strong in their conviction (like many other people from other religions), that they can't conceive this situation. They practically refuse to accept even the possibility or even talk about it in a rhetorical way, since it would cast doubt on their faith system.

When I was a Christian I wondered what if im in the wrong church and going to hell when I found out their was other religions I wondered what if im worshipping the wrong god and pissing the right one off what if im in the wrong one. All Christianity did was make me worry

[When I was a Christian I considered that question and I always answered, “I’d rather live as if there were a God and die and find out there isn’t one than live as if there isn’t a God and die and find out there is one.” I heard that certain quote from someone/something but I can’t remember the source anymore.

That is probably why they always ignore my questions.

I ask questions that would make you have to question your faith.

I ask really hard questions iv been told before

I don’t really mean too.

[interesting question, but I don't think the Christian even want to think this. They are so strong in their conviction (like many other people from other religions), that they can't conceive this situation. They practically refuse to accept even the possibility or even talk about it in a rhetorical way, since it would cast doubt on their faith system.

It's not a debate though....it's pointless.

Willy....

I think what Asimov is saying (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that when we die, we will all know the truth.

Will it really matter then? Right will be right and wrong will be wrong.

My personal opinion? We're all wrong..............no matter what we believe. It will be something we never thought of....or a variation of something we believe.

OR.....

We'll be dirt.

As a Christian, I never would have believed I was in the wrong religion or that my god was the wrong one. I was too sure xtianity was the one true faith. I would have used that verse about jesus being the way, the truth and the life and nobody comes to the father but by him.

If confronted by Allah in the next life, I would have probably said that I was brought up in the xtian religion, was drilled into my head all my life that it was the way to god and I was just believing what I'd always be taught. Which is what Muslims, Buddhists, etc. could say to biblegod if he turned out to be the one. Then they could always blame him for putting them into a Muslim country, for letting a false religion be created when he knew it would send countless souls to hell, etc.

Willy....

I think what Asimov is saying (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that when we die, we will all know the truth.

My personal opinion? We're all wrong..............no matter what we believe. It will be something we never thought of....or a variation of something we believe.

OR.....

We'll be dirt.

Sofia,

I totally agree.

Taph

If you do not like it why don’t you go somewhere else besides griping about it.

It's not a debate though....it's pointless.

Because annoying you is so much more fun.

True its probably beyond what anyone thinks its all guesses really

Willy....

OR.....

We'll be dirt.

We got to get another Daniel to play with.

Because annoying you is so much more fun.

Why?

What makes you think that it is probably "beyond what anyone thinks"? What are the basis of this statement of yours?

Sometimes your questions can be a little naive, that is true :)

But at the same time, you are still doubting and finding your answers, so you're on a totally different plane than Daniel, who on the other hand Has All Answers In Christ ® ©. I respect a doubter, no matter how naive s/he is, more than a self-righteous arrogant pompous asshole like Daniel.

I am not sure what the truth is or who has it.

If I say it is beyond what everyone thinks would I be correct?

I was not saying im like Daniel

He is just more fun to fight with lol

And easier to fight with than Asimov.

Asimov asks tough questions and is really hard to fight with.

It’s like fighting with Albert Einstein

Why?

What makes you think that it is probably "beyond what anyone thinks"? What are the basis of this statement of yours?

Sometimes your questions can be a little naive, that is true :)

But at the same time, you are still doubting and finding your answers, so you're on a totally different plane than Daniel, who on the other hand Has All Answers In Christ ™ ® ©. I respect a doubter, no matter how naive s/he is, more than a self-righteous arrogant pompous asshole like Daniel.

Asimov asks tough questions and is really hard to fight with.

It’s like fighting with Albert Einstein

:eek:

Thanks! :grin:

I don't mean to be abrasive.....well....I do, but it's for your own good.

The whole problem with the idea of being faced with the "other" supreme being in the afterlife is the whole culpability issue.

The problem with being the supreme being.....they are supremely and ultimately responsible for our outcomes in the end.

A supreme being that accepts such responsibility could never condemn us for our insufficiently challenged ignorance in life.

A supreme being that opts NOT to accept such responsibility really isn't one I want to trust with my eternal well being in the afterlife at all.

Would you want to hang with a god that doesn't care?