Goodbye Jesus

Through The Wormhole - Did We Invent God?

silentknight

A recent episode of "Through the Wormhole" with Morgan Freeman was entitled "Did We Invent God". I jsut watched it the other day, and it's a pretty good episode.

I felt it made good points against the existence of god, but throws a few bones to the believers so they don't get angry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm971ltF44A

yeah that bothers me how they have to show no bias and throw a few bones to the chrisitians. Its not just them either, all networks spend 58 minutes destroying an argument and spend the last 2 providing the far-fetched example of why the other side holds any water.very frustrating.

• Super Moderator

Commercial programming can hardly afford to alienate the vast majority of its viewing audience.

It was a pretty good episode, in my opinion. The bit with the psychologist who found that people trying to make sense of chaos are more likely to see patterns was cool. It inferred that when faced with our chaotic and random world, our mind tries desperately to find patterns and motives. Think about our ancestors and it makes sense why various religions popped up.

But yes, there's always the obligatory bone at the end, usually provided by some crackpot.

To bad it was the last episode of this season, its one of my favorites. How the universe works is still on though i believe.

I like this show a bunch and this one didn't disappoint.

I didn't mind the throw out to christians, they need to keep their delusion alive any way possible, but this show could cause them to think.