Goodbye Jesus

Stupid Things Fundies Say Or Do To Bring Others Back Into The Fold

VeryBerry

Kaiser,

I tried to reply to you, but my iPhone is acting up. Christians love to make excuses to explain things that they don't understand. They just can't accept the fact that you saw through the lies of Christianity

I think that's what I tried to post earlier lol.

How long have you been out of Christianity?

Two and a half years now or so, lost my faith first then started looking for answers latter once i gained the first glimmer of hope that i might not haft to be stuck in Christianity after all. I remember i felt like i was sinning when i read the ex testimonies for the first time on this site, but couldn't stop myself, freedom seemed worth the price of punishment.

I was told I had a problem with authority (despite being the model of good behavior in school) because my dad died when I was young. Because I didn't have a real father I was rejecting the heavenly one.

(HOLY CRAP MARIE) I can't believe someone would say such a damn awful thing. These christians do not hear their own cruel words. Many survive as functional delusionals, and some take the wackiness until reality hits them in the face, hence membership at Ex-Christian.net. Just be glad you were able to escape.

Example 1: My cousin from Arizona was staying over my house this past weekend. Every time he visits me, he tries his

best to reconvert me. However, last Sunday, he said and did something stupid that's worthy of a post. On Sunday night, after having dinner, my cousin asked if he could watch Sunday Best on BET (a christian singing competition show) hosted by Kirk Franklin, I reluctantly agreed to watch it with him. The whole show was

dedicated to Andrae Crouch "the father of Gospel music". While two young men were giving a rendition of " We Are Not Ashamed," my cousin burst out singing with his eyes closed and both hands raised. He stopped in between lines to ask me, " Don't you miss it?" I couldn't help but laugh at his silliness. He continued singing and then claimed, " This song should convince you to go back to God." He added " My worship alone should give you nostalgia for the church." I must admit that I laughed in his face. How the fuck can someone's worship bring me back to God?[/

Jesus Christ! I'm sure that was awkward at the time, but that's one of the funniest things I've ever read.

I honestly don't have much experience in this area, as I tend to keep my (lack of) faith to

myself. I haven't come out to my family yet, and don't really see a reason to at this time. I've got enough drama in my life as is.

I am glad you found it funny. You can imagine how loud I laughed. I avoid debates about Christianity as well. I know all the hard questions to ask, but I choose to stay away from discussing religion with devout christians.

Well, I am on my way to Montreal to visit my cousins. I have to go to church on Sunday. To make matters worse, I have to go to a prayer meeting with my cousin on Sunday afternoon. I hope don't make any faces when people present their prayer requests. I will think about EX-C while people are praying lol. Or, I will ask for prayers for all of us heathens on this site including me 

I am definitely looking forward to going to the salsa club on Saturday. We will party and drink on Saturday then praise God on Sunday lol.

Berry, I see that you live in NY and are headed to Montreal... just curious if you'll share, but are you in NYC or elsewhere? I live just across the border from Watertown/Syracuse... and about 2-3 hours from Montreal... always interested in finding out whereabouts people are. At any rate, safe travels and good luck at church!

[quote name=VeryBerry'

timestamp='1345046307' post='798282]Example 1: My cousin from Arizona was staying over my house this past weekend. Every time he visits me, he tries his

best to reconvert me. However, last Sunday, he said and did something stupid that's worthy post. On Sunday night, after having dinner, my cousin asked if he could watch Sunday Best on BET (a christian singing competition show) hosted by Kirk Franklin, I reluctantly agreed to watch it with him. The whole show was

dedicated to Andrae Crouch "the father of Gospel music". While two young men were

giving a rendition of " We Are Not Ashamed," my cousin burst out singing with his eyes closed and both hands raised. He stopped in between lines to ask me, " Don't you miss it?" I couldn't help but laugh at his silliness. He continued singing and then claimed, " This song should

convince you to go back to God." He added " My worship alone should give you nostalgia for the church." I must admit that I laughed in his face. How the fuck can someone's worship bring me back to God?[/

Jesus Christ! I'm sure that was awkward at the time, but that's one of the funniest things I've ever read.

I honestly don't have much experience in this area, as I tend to keep my (lack of) faith to

myself. I haven't come out to my family yet, and don't really see a reason to at this time. I've got enough drama in my life as is.

I am glad you found it funny. You can imagine how loud I laughed. I avoid debates about

Christianity as well. I know all the hard questions to ask, but I choose to stay away from discussing religion with devout christians.

Well, I am on my way to Montreal to visit my cousins. I have to go to church on Sunday. To make matters worse, I have to go to a prayer meeting with my cousin on Sunday afternoon. I hope don't make any faces when people present their prayer requests. I will think about EX-C while people are praying lol. Or, I will ask for prayers for all of us heathens on this site including me.

I am definitely looking forward to going to the salsa club on Saturday. We will party and drink on Saturday then praise God on Sunday lol.

Berry, I see that you live in NY and are headed to Montreal... just curious if you'll share, but are you in NYC or elsewhere? I live just across the border from Watertown/Syracuse... and about 2-

3 hours from Montreal... always interested in finding out whereabouts people are. At any rate, safe travels and good luck at church!

I live in the suburbs 30 minutes from Manhattan. But, I work in the Bronx near the Yankee Stadium. You can imagine the traffic that I get stuck in when the Yankees are playing. I don't even understand baseball lol.

• Super Moderator

I was told I had a problem with authority (despite being the model of good behavior in school) because my dad died when I was young. Because I didn't have a real father I was rejecting the heavenly one.

My DFH (DearFundyHubby) said the same thing to me because my parents were divorced when I was very young. And my mother thinks I'm still going through a phase. What a joke -- I'm 58 years old and have been a ex-christian since before graduating from high school! WendyDoh.gif

My DFH (DearFundyHubby) said the same thing to me because my parents were divorced when I was very young. And my mother thinks I'm still going through a phase. What a joke -- I'm 58 years old and have been a ex-christian since before graduating from high school! WendyDoh.gif

I get a slightly different version of it. Because I have bipolar, everything is because I'm mentally ill and I must be pitied and prayed for. Regardless of the fact that I have been certified mentally well by more than one mental health worker.

I just have a coworker who sometimes asks questions about why I don't believe and occasionally plays Robin Mark worship cd's after the shop closes and while we clean up.

The heavenly authority is a false authority. Jesus truly is a mishmash of a variety of crazy ass people whispering stupid stuff in your ear.

[quote name=VeryBerry'

timestamp='1345046307' post='798282]Example 1: My cousin from Arizona was staying over my house this past weekend. Every time he visits me, he tries his

best to reconvert me. However, last Sunday, he said and did something stupid that's worthy post. On Sunday night, after having dinner, my cousin asked if he could watch Sunday Best on BET (a christian singing competition show) hosted by Kirk Franklin, I reluctantly agreed to watch it with him. The whole show was

dedicated to Andrae Crouch "the father of Gospel music". While two young men were

giving a rendition of " We Are Not Ashamed," my cousin burst out singing with his eyes closed and both hands raised. He stopped in between lines to ask me, " Don't you miss it?" I couldn't help but laugh at his silliness. He continued singing and then claimed, " This song should

convince you to go back to God." He added " My worship alone should give you nostalgia for the church." I must admit that I laughed in his face. How the fuck can someone's worship bring me back to God?[/

I am glad you found it funny. You can imagine how loud I laughed. I avoid debates about

Christianity as well. I know all the hard questions to ask, but I choose to stay away from discussing religion with devout christians.

Well, I am on my way to Montreal to visit my cousins. I have to go to church on Sunday. To make matters worse, I have to go to a prayer meeting with my cousin on Sunday afternoon. I hope don't make any faces when people present their prayer requests. I will think about EX-C while people are praying lol. Or, I will ask for prayers for all of us heathens on this site including me.

Berry, I see that you live in NY and are headed to Montreal... just curious if you'll share, but are you in NYC or elsewhere? I live just across the border from Watertown/Syracuse... and about 2-

3 hours from Montreal... always interested in finding out whereabouts people are. At any rate, safe travels and good luck at church!

I live in the suburbs 30 minutes from Manhattan. But, I work in the Bronx near the Yankee Stadium. You can imagine the traffic that I get stuck in when the Yankees are playing. I don't even understand baseball lol.

Baseball. It's a kind of reality show where guys in uniforms stand around, scratch themselves and spit. :-)

My Evil Ex did all that shit too when I deconverted. Played Christian music (that horrible Maranatha schlock and MW Smith and Carman; this was the 90s), talked a *LOT* about Christian stuff and "shared" the warm fuzzies he'd felt that day, and when that all failed, began to threaten to carve me up with a butcher knife if I didn't regain my faith and become a good little wife again--somehow he justified it with the "if your hand offend you" verses. Eventually this led to him throwing a tantrum over a NIN album that resulted in him getting carted off by MPs to the on-base hospital for a week-long mental evaluation. I wasn't hurt, thankfully. I fled the country while he was stuck there. He continued to stalk me and try to get me to reconvert. Once I asked him, "How is threatening my safety, lying to my parents and all of my friends, and following me around online going to make me Christian again and come back to you?" and he said, "WELL I have to do SOMETHING!" -- which showed me everything I needed to know about where his head was that he'd consider such behavior valid options in the FIGHT FOR HIS POOR DELUDED WIFE'S SOUL. He wasn't that controlling and batshit crazy till he joined a church that stressed paternalism and rigid gender roles, but it just got worse when he joined the military. Ah, I'm so glad to be away from that crazy shit... also, fuck fundies.

My Evil Ex did all that shit too when I deconverted. Played Christian music (that horrible Maranatha schlock and MW Smith and Carman; this was the 90s), talked a *LOT* about Christian stuff and "shared" the warm fuzzies he'd felt that day, and when that all failed, began to threaten to carve me up with a butcher knife if I didn't regain my faith and become a good little wife again--somehow he justified it with the "if your hand offend you" verses. Eventually this led to him throwing a tantrum over a NIN album that resulted in him getting carted off by MPs to the on-base hospital for a week-long mental evaluation. I wasn't hurt, thankfully. I fled the country while he was stuck there. He continued to stalk me and try to get me to reconvert. Once I asked him, "How is threatening my safety, lying to my parents and all of my friends, and following me around online going to make me Christian again and come back to you?" and he said, "WELL I have to do SOMETHING!" -- which showed me everything I needed to know about where his head was that he'd consider such behavior valid options in the FIGHT FOR HIS POOR DELUDED WIFE'S SOUL. He wasn't that controlling and batshit crazy till he joined a church that stressed paternalism and rigid gender roles, but it just got worse when he joined the military. Ah, I'm so glad to be away from that crazy shit... also, fuck fundies.

Damn, that sucks :(

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Religious psychos are way too common in this world.

YIKES Akheia! So glad you're out of that!

Yeah, he's a real LIGHT OF THE WORLD there, ain't he?

My favorite that I have heard several times from family is

You'll come back.

How arrogant to think their religion is so great that no one can help believing it.

They have ghost writers, Lehaye is an ass

hole. I was reading one of his books once and he was trying to prove that men are tougher than women. One reason he gave was that men rape women, not the other way around. It was the first time I caught an Xian admitting that being a rapist is a masculine, God-given trait.

My favorite that I have heard several times from family is

You'll come back.

How arrogant to think their religion is so great that no one can help believing it.

Yeah, well-educated people know there's only one thing on the planet that everyone eventually comes back to, and that's Eve Online tongue.png

(At least it happened to almost everyone I ever met in 5 years of playing who said he was done with the game...)

They have ghost writers, Lehaye is an ass

hole. I was reading one of his books once and he was trying to prove that men are tougher than women. One reason he gave was that men rape women, not the other way around. It was the first time I caught an Xian admitting that being a rapist is a masculine, God-given trait.

That said, I found a number of reports lately hinting at women really being not much different from men regarding violence, criminal activity, even rape and sexual molestation of children. Supposedly it's just not reported because well, for starters, in our "penis = monster" culture no one can imagine women might do such a thing too. No idea how much truth there's in it but I wouldn't be surprised to find it confirmed.

I almost joined the SomethingAwful cabal on Eve Online a few years ago. I narrowly escaped. My escape is probably more to SA's benefit than anything else, though. I'm just not an MMO type; I don't even want to imagine how I'd ruin their fiendish plots with my stumbling about.

Daily Mail UK is apparently getting obsessed with the idea of (usually attractive and young) female teachers molesting students as if it's some brand new perversion that's suddenly swept our godless world. Not a day goes by without one or two stories about that topic. No damn idea what's got the bee up their butts. I guess it's not a bad thing if it makes people realize that sexual crime isn't solely a man-on-woman thing.

Well to be fair Eve is not your standard MMO. But let's not get this thread too far off track ;)

Yeah, well-educated people know there's only one thing on the planet that everyone eventually comes back to, and that's Eve Online tongue.png

(At least it happened to almost everyone I ever met in 5 years of playing who said he was done with the game...)

Yeah......me too. Just re-upped after 2 years away. Finally doing something fun though. RvB is just awesome!

Yeah......me too. Just re-upped after 2 years away. Finally doing something fun though. RvB is just awesome!

I was never really an Eve player... but I've been playing WoW since 2004... I will sometimes go to another MMO, but I always come back to WoW.

I was never really an Eve player... but I've been playing WoW since 2004... I will sometimes go to another MMO, but I always come back to WoW.

Don't mention that if you do decide to play EVE. You will be roundly mocked.

My wife actually said "Why are you playing this again? Aren't I enough for you? :sniff: :sniff:" Course she has a degree in Theater.......

Don't mention that if you do decide to play EVE. You will be roundly mocked.

My wife actually said "Why are you playing this again? Aren't I enough for you? :sniff: :sniff:" Course she has a degree in Theater.......

Yeah, anti-WoW people tink everyone who plays it is 12 years old. I'll admit there are a lot of idiots on the game, but it's still fun to me.

Given that 90% of everything is crap....there are alot of idiots in any MMO. ;)

Now back to the penguins.

Don't mention that [WoW] if you do decide to play EVE. You will be roundly mocked.

Word. Announcing being a WoW player in an Eve chat is akin to someone marching in here and starting to preach the bullshit :P

Yeah, anti-WoW people think everyone who plays it is 12 years old. I'll admit there are a lot of idiots on the game, but it's still fun to me.

Well sadly pretty much all WoWers who come to Eve behave like spoiled brats. Maybe they got kicked from WoW for it and are desperately searching for a new home. They tend to run from Eve quickly though... we are not known for tolerating idiocy all too much :P