Goodbye Jesus

What Does Your Name Mean In Christianese?

Kaiser01

David is Hebrew for "beloved". Guess this means I don't have a Christian name?

My name is a flowering plant. It is from middle English. I Can't find any biblical or Christian connection. Yey!

My middle name is Greek in origin and means sun ray or Shining light.

I kinda have a hippy name if translated to its meaning. Flower sun ray.

I really do love nature and love flowers. my name is fitting for me.

• Like 1

Jason = Healer

If by "healer", you mean "twatwaffle", then yes, Jason means healer.

My given name is Hope. GUESS WHAT IT MEANS.

Me too!!

My first daughters middle name is Faith, and my second one's is Love. We did have a dog at one point named Hope.

I'm curious how you feel now, after becoming a non-believer, having given your daughter the name of Faith.

My first daughters middle name is Faith, and my second one's is Love. We did have a dog at one point named Hope.

I'm curious how you feel now, after becoming a non-believer, having given your daughter the name of Faith.

That was the wife's idea. Obviously it's ironic.

First name: Friend, beloved (Arabic origin) Middle name: Grace, favour (Jewish origin). Never realised what a political minefield my own name was!

Beloved grace....

Has anyone ever tried to change their name? This is sort of a tangent, but I ask because I know I personally do not like my name because it is starting to represent someone who is not really me.

Beloved grace....

Has anyone ever tried to change their name? This is sort of a tangent, but I ask because I know I personally do not like my name because it is starting to represent someone who is not really me.

I have officially changed my last name. Though that ended up being a drama.

My ex-husband's paternal grandmother didn't know how to spell his father's surname, as the guy was Yugoslav and had already cleared out before he was born. So she decided to make up a name. Except she spelled it wrong too, and it ended up looking like a girl's name. So before we got married, he told me he wanted to carry his paternal grandmother's surname, which I had no problem with. Except he failed to do so before the wedding, and so we both had to officially change our surnames after the wedding. Then when I left him, I was stuck with his surname. Still am now, seven years after I walked out. Not sure what to do about it, because I don't want to carry either of my biological parents' names. Will probably change it officially again at some point, and never take the name of another again; too much fucking hassle to change everything every time!

Growing up My dad was and still kinda is a non issue. He married a bitch of a step mom he used to beat me with a paddle till i was bruised and sockets dislocated. I have his name as my middle David. Years ago i was about to change it so i found out the steps to do it(at least in my County) just never followed thru. As far as i know you dont need a lawyer and having one wont really do anything but waste ur money. You fill out some paper work explain the reason why u want to change the part of ur name and pay a small court fee. then u get a court day and go before a judge who hears ur story in person and ask u if its what u really want to do. He doesnt have to approve the change but they usually do. (why else is there the last name of Ocho sinco)

Wikipedia says "healed by Jehovah" or "supported by Jehovah"

I won't say what the first name is, but for those of you who have me on facebook, it's not Joseph, I only go by Joe because it's easier for people, and I hate my actual name (I did before I even became an ex-c, will probably change it in the next few years)

Beloved grace....

I want to, but I have heard that the average in the US to change a name is $600-800 and 3-6 months of off and on court dates. It depends on your state and county, as states have different rules and different counties within a state can have different filing fees.

I really want to change mine in a few years, no one know how to spell or pronounce my full 1st name, and the fact of who gave me the name makes it even worse....

Beloved grace....

I want to, but I have heard that the average in the US to change a name is $600-800 and 3-6 months of off and on court dates. It depends on your state and county, as states have different rules and different counties within a state can have different filing fees.

I really want to change mine in a few years, no one know how to spell or pronounce my full 1st name, and the fact of who gave me the name makes it even worse....

I would look up how much it really is where you are, because I'm in Massachusetts and you do not have to go to court in Massachusetts to change your name. Also, the cost is only $150 + $15 surcharge.

Beloved grace....

I have officially changed my last name. Though that ended up being a drama.

My ex-husband's paternal grandmother didn't know how to spell his father's surname, as the guy was Yugoslav and had already cleared out before he was born. So she decided to make up a name. Except she spelled it wrong too, and it ended up looking like a girl's name. So before we got married, he told me he wanted to carry his paternal grandmother's surname, which I had no problem with. Except he failed to do so before the wedding, and so we both had to officially change our surnames after the wedding. Then when I left him, I was stuck with his surname. Still am now, seven years after I walked out. Not sure what to do about it, because I don't want to carry either of my biological parents' names. Will probably change it officially again at some point, and never take the name of another again; too much fucking hassle to change everything every time!

But you've never wanted to change your name because of your past religious beliefs?

But you've never wanted to change your name because of your past religious beliefs?

No. I mean, Joy's a realy dicky middle name, but it's a middle name, and they're meant to be embarrassing. And my name does suit me. It's just my surname that's annoying. My first name used to annoy me, but I just think about it as being a reborn atheist now.

My first name simply means "Victory."

My last name is Blacksin. You can work that one out. ;)

Dennis: is probably Greek and English in origin. It means a follower of the Greek god Dionysius, the god of wine.

It may have been given to men who like a tipple or two!

It also means that he likes to have fun but is not insensitive to others!

Tipple - to drink intoxicating liquor, especially habitually or to some excess.

I have always been grateful my name is NOT biblical

• Like 1

My first name simply means "Victory."

My last name is Blacksin. You can work that one out. wink.png

Quite prophetic now that you've joined the dark side, no? :lmao:

Mine means brave. No suprises there. Probably why I fought ever pastor I ever met :)

• Like 1

In the Christian name book my parents used, my name meant Sanctified to God or something like that. In the normal world, it means Little Wise One. Guess which meaning I like better.