Goodbye Jesus

Escape From Religion Update

highrishman

You know that window in your wallet where you can put a photo of a loved one? I had a Footprints In The Sand thingy in there. Sad, very sad!

You know that window in your wallet where you can put a photo of a loved one? I had a Footprints In The Sand thingy in there. Sad, very sad!

How in the world could you actually read it? You must have used a magnifying glass, right? ROFL

No, just youthful eyes!

I've done similar things. I used to have a little miniature wheel (like you'd see on a pirates of the carribbean boat, don't know what it's called) that had a picture of jesus and said something like "Jesus Guide Me" or something like that. I loved it as a kid, don't know where it is now.

I dunno if you're familar with that insipid 'Footprints in the Sand' picture. If not, it shows a single set of footprints in the sand - a person is questioning where was this god while he/she was going through whatever hell they were experiencing at that time. A response came back saying the god was carrying the person through the ordeal. It was supposed to show how we always need a magical god to carry us through something since we can't make it on our own.

Agree. That image sucks.

We had (and still have) battles we have to fight in our family, and I still don't see Jesus carry any burden. When I look back, I see a set of footprints. They belong to me, my wife, my kids... and tracks from my son's wheelchair. But no other track or prints. I realized imaginary friends don't leave footprints.