Goodbye Jesus

Cme Atheists

kclark

I wasn't sure if this should go in the Creative Works forum since it's not a book excerpt or poetry, but if you're interested, check out an article I wrote for African Americans for Humanism entitled "CME Atheists." It talks about my experience of going to church for Mother's Day (for those who responded to my "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?" post a while back, yes I went:)

Here's the link:

http://aahumanism.net/articles/view/cme_atheists

• Like 3

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Eloquently said -- and what a powerful experience. I salute your integrity.

• Super Moderator

Excellent article. Don't ever stop writing.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Excellent article kclark. I could go back to church for my parents if they were still here. Going for my inlaws is another story. I did go for my only "guide" child's first communion though. All I could think of was all of the wasted money they spent on the brand new million dollar cathedral. Couldn't even see the little darlings that were taking their first communion.

Thanks everyone for your compliments:).

Very, very well-written.

Wow, great article. I actually felt nervous as the time of the service approached. Yes, keep writing! BTW what does CME mean?

Amazing story...Love the courage...hate the pain. Glad to see that you have the strength to go along for the ride at times for the love of your mother. They are that special.

CME means "Christmas, Mother's Day and Easter." It's a bit of slang I've heard my mother and other Christians use to refer to "church folks" who only came to a service on special occasions, those holidays in particular.

Thanks for clarifying. I've heard references to "Christmas and Easter Christians" and to "Christmas, Easter & Mother's Day Christians," but I'd never heard it referred to as "CME" before.