Goodbye Jesus

Facebook Discussion With Fundies About Healing And Divine Intervention

jblueep

Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin roof!

rusted.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

What we're trying to say....

...we want to join you in your love shack...

• Like 1

Seriously. Every single time I watch you and 2H (and now Nathan! Good job, Nathan!) converse with christians--especially old friends from church--I admire you more and more. Patience, honesty, integrity and love. MAN I love you guys!!! There were a few things Darren said that made me cringe inside...like suggesting you were never believers and that you gave him a bad feeling...the complete opposite of the Blue family I've come to know.

Can I just hug you right now? crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif You are makin' me cry! I so needed that, copper. Thank you.

• Like 2

Wow, J, you, April and Nathan are just incredible human beings- kind, understanding and unwavering in your integrity. Thank you for putting a warm and loving face out there for we atheists; I know that it's caused you a lot of pain but I can only hope that you'll find yourself rewarded in so many other ways!

Big hugs for you, too! crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif Thank you, Wings. That means a lot.

• Like 2

What we're trying to say....

...we want to join you in your love shack...

TF, you know you're already in bro :) And McDaddy too, although when you kiss him once he get's all clingy and shit ;)

• Like 1

That's what me and medium mac were trying to say as well. We're just dudes.

Mucho love!

• Like 1

Awww--J beat me to it. We'll try not to be too clingy bro. You're just too squeezable!

• Like 1

As someone who has been chronically ill for years, the "just ask and God will heal you" comments infuriate me. Like, I prayed every night for God to cure my illnesses, I had the LARGEST women's prayer group in the COUNTRY praying for me and my entire megachurch had me on their prayer list. Tell me I wasn't sincere enough or that I or anyone else didn't pray enough. I have not one, but TWO rare diseases that have NO cure. I have had more luck with treating my diseases since the stress of wondering why God wasn't healing me has gone away due to my acceptance of atheism and humanism. How ironic is that? The very fact that I WAS praying so fervently was making me SICKER.

Fuck them. They have no idea. And your friend Darren? He is DROWNING in the kool-aid.

Sorry, but I just can't stand your fundy friends. I would've unfriended them just to not to get stressed by the bullshit they post and get sick again.

The sick and twisted thing is that I too have been chronically ill for years and Darren (and most others from our former church) know that! It's seriously mind-numbing. I read his comments today and was dumbfounded at the level of ignorance and stupidity. I haven't been sure today whether to be pissed off or hurt...so I've been both. But it's just not worth the mental/emotional anguish. These people are simply clueless. They honestly believe that we're being deceived and have gone astray (and are trying to lead others astray!). There's no point in staying worked up about it, or in trying to reason with them. I feel sorry for them, I really do. Darren is actually a sweet guy underneath all this religious bullshit. He's just clueless.

• Like 3

As someone who has been chronically ill for years, the "just ask and God will heal you" comments infuriate me. Like, I prayed every night for God to cure my illnesses, I had the LARGEST women's prayer group in the COUNTRY praying for me and my entire megachurch had me on their prayer list. Tell me I wasn't sincere enough or that I or anyone else didn't pray enough. I have not one, but TWO rare diseases that have NO cure. I have had more luck with treating my diseases since the stress of wondering why God wasn't healing me has gone away due to my acceptance of atheism and humanism. How ironic is that? The very fact that I WAS praying so fervently was making me SICKER.

Fuck them. They have no idea. And your friend Darren? He is DROWNING in the kool-aid.

Sorry, but I just can't stand your fundy friends. I would've unfriended them just to not to get stressed by the bullshit they post and get sick again.

The sick and twisted thing is that I too have been chronically ill for years and Darren (and most others from our former church) know that! It's seriously mind-numbing. I read his comments today and was dumbfounded at the level of ignorance and stupidity. I haven't been sure today whether to be pissed off or hurt...so I've been both. But it's just not worth the mental/emotional anguish. These people are simply clueless. They honestly believe that we're being deceived and have gone astray (and are trying to lead others astray!). There's no point in staying worked up about it, or in trying to reason with them. I feel sorry for them, I really do. Darren is actually a sweet guy underneath all this religious bullshit. He's just clueless.

It really hurts us to see them be that way with you two. Still, I can't help but feel that I may have reacted the same way when I was under the spell. I felt obligated to see things that way. If you were never that way, you are a true saint.

HEY! I'm all jealous now, McDaddy. HOW DARE YOU oh wait it's J and April OKAY LET'S GET THIS LOVE SHACK SHAKIN FOLKS

Akheia, you are officially in the love shack smile.png

Love shack, baby! Wooohooo... happy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

• Like 3

...and, Darren had a serious car accident years ago and was in constant pain. He would disappear from church because he would drink and medicate to help the pain and feel guilty. I would go find him, comfort him, and bring him back. He/we prayed and prayed for him to get healed and he never was. He finally had a full hip replacement (and tons of physical therapy) and that gave him some relief.

So that was his fucking healing! eek.gif

• Like 1

Wow there were so many gems in that dialog. Don't know where to begin.

I guess my favorite part was when God guides the hands of doctors and gave them curiosity to unlock medical science. Of course nobody mentioned that said medical science is founded on evolution which is supose to be a lie of Satan. But they covered how God is using atheists so around and around it goes.

• Like 2

...and, Darren had a serious car accident years ago and was in constant pain. He would disappear from church because he would drink and medicate to help the pain and feel guilty. I would go find him, comfort him, and bring him back. He/we prayed and prayed for him to get healed and he never was. He finally had a full hip replacement (and tons of physical therapy) and that gave him some relief.

So that was his fucking healing! eek.gif

Well, God guided those physician's hands, dontchaknow...

• Like 1

Gotta love how God guides those misguided hands, thought they were deceived by Satan's Darwinian fabrications!

• Like 1

Seriously. Every single time I watch you and 2H (and now Nathan! Good job, Nathan!) converse with christians--especially old friends from church--I admire you more and more. Patience, honesty, integrity and love. MAN I love you guys!!! There were a few things Darren said that made me cringe inside...like suggesting you were never believers and that you gave him a bad feeling...the complete opposite of the Blue family I've come to know.

Can I just hug you right now? crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif You are makin' me cry! I so needed that, copper. Thank you.

I only wish it could be a rl one!

• Like 2

Nice addendum to facebook post. David came to my defense. Seth's last comment actually brought a tear to my eye.

Seth: @ Jerry, you obviously missed the meaning of my statement. I am not saying that he NEVER intervenes. I'm just saying that he that he doesn't do it very often. No I don't care about what is going on in Fiji. So, God is doing some good in a nation that has no medical support for the population. It's not God that is repairing the economy and making the nation prosperous. It's the goodness of people that come together as a family and help people that are in bondage. I do not by ANY means deny that miracles happen. But just because a doctor helped someone does mean that God did it. That's a load of crap.

David (Seth's atheist brother, former member of the church): Darren, if you have any level of love for Jason, you should not be acting this way. It is absolutely wrong and disrespectful on every plane to take a personal offense toward someone for a choice they made out of love for another. And just because someone chooses to have a different belief system than you, even if it was the same when y'all met, it's wrong to deny the friendship once had. I know of many people that have done the same to he and I.

Jason (me): The *** family has been truly great to April and me. We love you guys very much!

Seth: Jason Blue is my daddy number 2

I only wish it could be a rl one!

Some day copper, some day :D

• Like 2

Thanks to all of you for the love and support. Really, you've made a shitty day much less shitty! lol

• Like 2

Seth: Jason Blue is my daddy number 2

I guessing this comment was quite distressing to Darren given that he told Seth not to be my friend and told me to stay away from Seth. Ridigwoopsie.gif

• Like 1

I love y'all sO mUcH, I'd bust a load all over the both of ya!

And by "bust a load", I mean "empty a large sack of warm feelings and sticky admiration all over you ".

I may have gone too far this time.

Oh well. "Post"

• Like 2

Not gonna lie. His grammar and punctuation had me glazing over and fighting to find any sensical bits.

I know how it feels to want someone to hear the nonsense they are spewing- sadly they are too busy trying to think of the next thing they need to say to confirm their beliefs.

Xianity is such an endless circle jerk, why not just say any old bullshit and hope it sticks? 49.gif

• Like 1

I love y'all sO mUcH, I'd bust a load all over the both of ya!

And by "bust a load", I mean "empty a large sack of warm feelings and sticky admiration all over you ".

Oh well. "Post"

What happens in the shack stays in the shack

• Like 2

'this time' yelrotflmao.gif

• Like 1

I've had Christians on another forum try to convince me that God may not heal amputees physically, but he heals them emotionally, so it's still a miracle. That, and God gave us the technology to miraculously give them prosthetic limbs. So, God makes them happy to be amputees, with barely functioning artificial limbs? Yeah, sure. What an amazing God you serve.

How dare they! Do they know the pain the fucking intense pain that amputees go through on a daily basis? Have they seen their friends or family members struggle to accomlish tasks? A fucking prosthetic will never...NEVER...be the same as the limb they lost. My dad will never be able to hold his grandchildren with both hands. Hell, they might even be scared of his hook and hand. Those self-righteous pompous dick douchenozzles. No, my dad does things because he's a fucking hardcore badass. Unfortunately, he gives credit to God instead of acknowledging that it was his own inner strength that got him through that shit. I wish I could bitch slap the ass hats that said that. Fucking fuck tards. What's worse is that my parents honestly believe that dad's hand will grow back. I mean they even measure his limb to check for any growth.

P.S. sorry I messed up the quote edit.

• Like 2

Not gonna lie. His grammar and punctuation had me glazing over and fighting to find any sensical bits.

I know how it feels to want someone to hear the nonsense they are spewing- sadly they are too busy trying to think of the next thing they need to say to confirm their beliefs.

Xianity is such an endless circle jerk, why not just say any old bullshit and hope it sticks? 49.gif

What? You didn't understand this:

Ya nothing wrong with doing go but it good for yourself not good to glorify God which could mean that ya God is in fact using atheist for good...There are what scientist say today finger print left for scientist to find God and it will blow your mind what they have find outside this world that proves there is a God....

Makes perfect sense to me silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

• Like 3