Goodbye Jesus

Church Discipline

Wings

Those e-mails blow my mind. What a load of bullshit!

I always thought that I had it bad at the Assembly of God church I grew up in, but reading that makes me glad my family didn't go to a Reformed church.

Hang in there, Kristen. It sounds like to me you just rid yourself of a bunch of useless insincere jerks.

• Like 1

You state that you will not defend or justify your belief system or lack there of or persuade anyone else– then stop attacking Lisa and Nicole’s beliefs. Please grant them the same level of respect you in turn expect from everyone else.

Jo

I never read the gigantic document that she attached.

Oh, the irony. But that's the way low-life xian manipulation works.

I'm trying to picture Jesus (he who consorted with whores, outcasts, the diseased, and tax collectors) saying those things. Or better yet, what Jesus might have said to people who say such holier-than-thou crap.

• Like 1

"Just kidding. I wasn't really serious about leaving the church; I just wanted to find out how everyone would react. But now that I know the horrible way you treat people, I don't want anything to do with you. This time I'm leaving for real."

• Like 6

"Just kidding. I wasn't really serious about leaving the church; I just wanted to find out how everyone would react. But now that I know the horrible way you treat people, I don't want anything to do with you. This time I'm leaving for real."

Lol, Pox. Why didn't I think of that!? Brilliant!

Just saw this. Really sorry to see shit like this thrown at you:

"for years you have lived a life of narcissistic self indulgence rather than submission to God."

I imagine some of that type of nonsense has been said about me and/or my wife since we stopped attending church. So glad you're getting away from that! {{Wings}}

xxx ooo <3 <3 <3 -TF

• Like 1

Thanks TF and everyone else!! It's really tough to go from being part of the "in-group" to not only being on the outside but repeatedly being told how horrible and worthless I am.

By the way, my narcissism led me to get a masters degree in public administration so that I could work to help people and do a 3-month internship in Africa at a humanitarian organization in addition to my volunteering... cause I'm awful! (No, but really, it took a long time for me to realize I'm not that horrible).

I'm doing much better and I'm grateful to the community here for being accepting! We often disagree and debate on these forums-- and sometimes there are even instances when peoples' feelings are hurt. However, I am reminded continually that when I thought I had NO one I could come here for comfort and understanding. Thank you! And you can always come to me if you need hugs, too {( )}

• Like 3

I am so sorry that you are being treated this way. I can't say it sounds like a bad thing that your relationship with some of these people will be severed as they sound incredibly toxic, but I know how it hurts all the same. I can't imagine saying those things to someone, even when I was a xian. That's just horrible.

It's really tough to go from being part of the "in-group" to not only being on the outside but repeatedly being told how horrible and worthless I am.

That's the big lie that they've fed you. Most of that is because of their own brainwashing. There's frequently an element of psychological projection, particularly for those who converted because of a crisis, or their own feelings that they weren't good enough. When they callously bash a compassionate person like you who was actually did some major humanitarian things, all while laughably trying to claim the moral high ground themselves, it shows that they're not such great people themselves. "Saved." "Redeemed." "New creature in Christ." "Washed white as snow." How arrogant! Acting like douches. How shameful!

• Like 2