Goodbye Jesus

My Ex Wants Money

mymistake

I'm willing to bet that church has helped more people than you ever will. I don't know that I would be glad at it's potential death. But that's your new will...go for it.

What a lovely new person you've become.

And I'm williing to bet that institutional idol, which is really is, hadn't done jack shit for people as much as it's done for its own cultish leaders and select few. If it were up to me, EVERY church in this country would be shut down and then re-opened as shelters for abused people and the poor. The clergy would be tossed out on their asses and required to fend for themselves in the REAL world like the rest of us are forced to do each day.

• Like 1

You don't strike me as too bright.

There you go, showing the love of Christ, again. Are you going to tell a pointless story about sacrificing puppies, now?

I had to dumb it down in hope you might get the meaning.

I think I know why you hang around here - you're really fighting this cult thing you're in at least on a psychologically subconscious basis. You know it's all a bunch of shit but don't have the same courage others have had to leave it. So you just lurk around here shooting off your pea sized bullets out of frustrations. I know because I've been there - I used to hang around atheist blogs all of the time doing almost exactly what you're now doing. But unlike you, I woke up recently and fled from the fantasy world you still reside in.

I've heard all of that clap trap before about how much a church helps people, etc. But the ONLY reason they do anything is to spread their virus among other, unsuspecting people. In other words, merely to increase church rolls and attendance. Sorta like a pyramid scheme.

• Like 6

That church sounds pathetic. But why is this thread in the Lion's Den?

Q: What's the first thing churches argue for when justifying their tax free existence?

A: Ministries.

Q: What was the first thing this church cut completely when the going got tough?

A: Ministries.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

Lets put these old churches to proper use!

Is that The Church Brew Works in Pittsburgh, PA? If not, YAAAAAAY!!!! Another church put to good use!

http://www.churchbrew.com/

I'm sorry. In retrospect it probably would have fit better in the humor section. I guess I didn't want to put it there because it's real rather than made up. The authentic Christian belivers have an opportunity to explain how things like this happen, if these churches ar following an all loving, all knowing, all powerful God.

• Super Moderator

I'm sorry. In retrospect it probably would have fit better in the humor section. I guess I didn't want to put it there because it's real rather than made up. The authentic Christian belivers have an opportunity to explain how things like this happen, if these churches ar following an all loving, all knowing, all powerful God.

I wondered why it was in the Lion's Den too. But in retrospect, I'm glad you put in the Lion's Den. It gave End another chance to show his true colors. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I wondered why it was in the Lion's Den too. But in retrospect, I'm glad you put in the Lion's Den. It gave End another chance to show his true colors. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

I'm pretty sure most of us know his true colors - a very confused, frightened, and disturbed xtian seeking a way out. Most of us have been somewhere on that road I think.

You don't strike me as too bright. Look, even in our small church after bills, we manage 500 bucks to our small food bank per month. So do you cut at 500 per month check by yourself? I highly doubt it. 6000 bucks a year to feed those that can't do it themselves. And we pray too. And captain, I highly doubt that if you had the cash, you would cut the check. But that's ok, your new belief allows you to be selfish....and be ok with it.

Hey asshole, how many people are we talking? Members, that is.

You don't strike me as too bright. Look, even in our small church after bills, we manage 500 bucks to our small food bank per month. So do you cut at 500 per month check by yourself? I highly doubt it. 6000 bucks a year to feed those that can't do it themselves. And we pray too. And captain, I highly doubt that if you had the cash, you would cut the check. But that's ok, your new belief allows you to be selfish....and be ok with it.

37,365 members x .75 to compensate for the kiddos = 28,024.....so $500 / 28,024 = 0.02 / member. Crap, Mr. Obama, come save our church too!

Moron

• Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure most of us know his true colors - a very confused, frightened, and disturbed xtian seeking a way out. Most of us have been somewhere on that road I think.

Yes he is and one who over the years has gone on rampages of assholiness toward ex-c members -- like his "you're not too bright, you're stupid, I had to dumb it down for you, your new beliefs allow you to be selfish, what a lovely person you've become, etc" comments. I try to ignore him (and the Lion's Den) most of the time because his name-calling and general attitude piss me off. I have enough True ChristiansTM in my real life (who aren't nearly as nasty as End can be at times) and come to Ex-C for a break from them.

37,365 members x .75 to compensate for the kiddos = 28,024.....so $500 / 28,024 = 0.02 / member. Crap, Mr. Obama, come save our church too!

Moron

So I take it you don't even want to admit how "small" that church is because then it will become painfully obvious that each of you individually is actually doing very little to help poor people. I'd be impressed if you said less than 10 people but that's about it.

Oh and another damn thing mr christian-goody-two-shoes...Does your "food bank" hand out food to people in need without proselytizing?

Oh and another damn thing mr christian-goody-two-shoes...Does your "food bank" hand out food to people in need without proselytizing?

I wonder what happens if someone heads to a "Jesus Saves" kitchen, is forced to listen to a banjo and halleluiah sermon in order to get a bowl of soup if he/she doesn't show proper deference to the message, e.g., openly questions the claims. Does this person get sent away with an empty stomach? Is that what Jesus would do? Isn't doing such highly immoral?

So I take it you don't even want to admit how "small" that church is because then it will become painfully obvious that each of you individually is actually doing very little to help poor people. I'd be impressed if you said less than 10 people but that's about it.

Amazing isn't it? I mean the more they talk the dumber they show themselves to be and yet the pot calling the kettle black. LOL

end, your disrespectful, mean-spirited comments only remind me of what really goes on behind the Christian "I'll pray for you", "God bless you" remarks and smiles. The Holy Spirit is strong in you, brotha! Wendytwitch.gif

As for the OP, shortly before we left our church, the new pastor was talking about how his salary was ridiculously small. Glad to not be contributing anymore.

shortly before we left our church, the new pastor was talking about how his salary was ridiculously small. Glad to not be contributing anymore.

Even if he were making only one dollar a week that is one dollar TOO much since nothing they do or say is justified in the very golden idol (bible) they preach from.

Lets put these old churches to proper use!

Is that The Church Brew Works in Pittsburgh, PA? If not, YAAAAAAY!!!! Another church put to good use!

http://www.churchbrew.com/

Don't know. I just googled "Church Bar." I'll check that joint out if I'm in Pittsburgh.

Yep. I'm a n00b. I came here in part because I was weary-unto-death of hearing the same old foggy Christian arguments. I felt the need to be surrounded by rational people who had escaped, or where in the process of escaping it all. I rarely venture into the Lion's Den or the other "let's argue theology" forums. But when I do, end3 is right there to remind me exactly what "Christian goodness" is really all about. It's a very useful service.

• Like 2

Moron

You called me asshole, I was just trying to live up to expectations. Not hard for me actually.

To the point. two points actually. the giving is pretty private....and we know if it's like the general church population, not many actually walk the walk. <insert narrow gate scripture here>. If I am not mistake, the minister's salariy is the biggest chunk of the budget. We just hired a part time youth minister and don't pay him what he is probably worth.......I think it comes to about 10 bucks/hr he serves. Our yard guy is a Mexico mexican that we pay....he mows and I do all the edging and trimming.. He get's paid because he is poor. I don't get paid....the rest is utilities and insurance But all in all, I would guess about 40% of the budget goes to "works". Again, the big piece being the minister's pay. He has two children and he and his wife are adoping two foster children atm. We support our local food bank, we feed "across the tracks" kids every Wednesday night and also support African and South American missionaries. All in all, not bad I think for a drug infested economically defunct small town in West Texas.

So yeah, I have a little disdain for people laughing and hoping these type efforts dry up.

To acknowlege the opposition.....I do think there are churches that spend way to much on their own facilities and people.

end, your disrespectful, mean-spirited comments only remind me of what really goes on behind the Christian "I'll pray for you", "God bless you" remarks and smiles. The Holy Spirit is strong in you, brotha! Wendytwitch.gif

As for the OP, shortly before we left our church, the new pastor was talking about how his salary was ridiculously small. Glad to not be contributing anymore.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Remind me again why I left that cult?

shortly before we left our church, the new pastor was talking about how his salary was ridiculously small. Glad to not be contributing anymore.

Even if he were making only one dollar a week that is one dollar TOO much since nothing they do or say is justified in the very golden idol (bible) they preach from.

Agreed. And in this economy, he is bringing in over 30,000 a year. The trouble is, he wants to go see the grandkids in WA and they don't feel his wife should have to work.

Since we haven't been tithing, we have contributed to a few organizations of our choice, as well as booked a trip to Cali! Not tithing has made a huge difference.

Yep. I'm a n00b. I came here in part because I was weary-unto-death of hearing the same old foggy Christian arguments. I felt the need to be surrounded by rational people who had escaped, or where in the process of escaping it all. I rarely venture into the Lion's Den or the other "let's argue theology" forums. But when I do, end3 is right there to remind me exactly what "Christian goodness" is really all about. It's a very useful service.

Feel free to join in the bashing Merry. Heck ma'am, you don't have a clue who I am. But, I am like a few here, 'outliers" who are eventually run off becuase of you "rational" do-gooders. It would seem that these people are the one's Jesus talked about....

But go ahead ma'am, join the gang if it makes you feel better and that you "belong".

Feel free to join in the bashing Merry. Heck ma'am, you don't have a clue who I am. But, I am like a few here, 'outliers" who are eventually run off becuase of you "rational" do-gooders. It would seem that these people are the one's Jesus talked about....

But go ahead ma'am, join the gang if it makes you feel better and that you "belong".

You really think we would want to be like you????

You really think we would want to be like you????

Depends how you see me.