Goodbye Jesus

Considering An Npr-Style Recording

decafaholic

For those of you who aren't familiar with NPR (www.npr.org), it's a national radio station that airs programs about news, science, music, and other educational stuff. What they also do is play recordings of people telling entertaining stories about their lives with background effects and such.

I'm thinking about making some recordings telling stories about my deconversion and exchristian life. The thing is I don't know where to start! It's been a long, complex journey and I think the best way would be to just explore one topic at a time.

I want it to be something that is interesting and entertaining to listeners, so which of the following topics are you most interested in hearing about?

1. Growing up in a charismatic/pentecostal church

2. What your youth pastor won't tell you about sex

3. Disasters in ex-christian dating

4. When the tables turn: Getting witnessed to

5. Coming out: it changes everything

6. How I believed in God for 2 weeks every January

7. Finding friends in the gay community

This is just off the top of my head. I'm sure I could come up with a lot more topics. Leave a comment with the topic you find most interesting!

Good idea, I would listen. Just make sure it's made available through iTunes as that's where some of the biggest listenership is, myself included.

6. How I believed in God for 2 weeks every January

This one has me puzzled, so this would be my vote.

Good idea, I would listen. Just make sure it's made available through iTunes as that's where some of the biggest listenership is, myself included.

No...National Pubic(!) Radio is a Liberal Tax payer funded whinefest that begs for money twice a year and then produces little programming that is worth a damn.

So---no iTunes. That is way too capitalist for them. They'd rather beg for donations and use tax dollars to fund their Libtarded attempts at "fair journalism".

I listen to iTunes more myself, and find the Free Market a better barometer of "valuable content".

ALL THAT SAID>>>>>>> I LOVE to tune in to their annual beg-vests AND I adore"This American Life" and I listen to "All things Considered" whenever i catch it. So I guess you can say that I LOVE TO HATE NPR.

>>>>> EDITORIALIZING OVER>>>> TO YOUR QUESTION>>>>

I think all are GREAT topics and would LOVE TO HEAR THEM on that spot they do about American Stories...I guess that is what you are talking about. That is a fun program too.....but just can't give them a nickel.....

Best of luck...and I'd do the one about being a CHristian for two weeks in January....sounds HILARIOUS. wink.png

No...National Pubic(!) Radio is a Liberal Tax payer funded whinefest that begs for money twice a year and then produces little programming that is worth a damn.

So---no iTunes. That is way too capitalist for them. They'd rather beg for donations and use tax dollars to fund their Libtarded attempts at "fair journalism".

Honey, your conservatism is showing.

Personally, I like NPR as long as you accept it for what it is. Politics will always be left leaning.

Now shows like Radiolab, This American Life, Talk of the Nation,and ToTN Science Friday, are really cool. I could do without Garrison Keller, though. Now Car Talk and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me are freaking hillarious.

I'm Canadian and I love This American Life and some of the other programs I occasionally catch.

All your topics sound interesting... especially as everyone said, being a Christian every January. Lol. About sex, disasters in dating and getting witnessed to also sound like great topics and I like that they're focused. All the best, looking forward to hearing it :)

ps. I don't have itunes, so I support public radio! :)

Let me clarify, I'm not actually thinking of sending these recordings to NPR. I just enjoy the stories I hear on there and would like to record something similar. I would just make it available here for your entertainment.