Goodbye Jesus

Done, And Done.

mcdaddy

I'm happy for you, bro! Do you have anybody left that you feel that you need to tell about it? That's the only thing that still eats at me. I wish that I could just be honest with everybody who wants to know what's up.

• Like 2

I'm at the point where I'd be honest with anyone who asks, but I'm not gonna make a point of telling people to just say it. Everyone who knows me well know anyways.

Full circle from newbie to survivor. Glad you made it to a more peaceful place. We're all here to help recent deconverts understand there is an end to the turmoil.

Full circle from newbie to survivor. Glad you made it to a more peaceful place. We're all here to help recent deconverts understand there is an end to the turmoil.

Where do I get my cap and gown? Lol

Grats, man!

Congrats, mcdaddy! Freedom to be rational instead of being a puppet of ancient mythology is great, isn't it?

• Like 2

That's great, McDaddy. Your news should be an encouragement for those who are either in the process of deconverting or have recently deconverted and are still going through troubled times.

Congratulations. I find that I still start to pray on occasions, out of habit. When that happens I direct my pray to something silly that I know doesn't exist. I've been praying all my life so it's just a habit. Your millage may vary.

Congratulations. I find that I still start to pray on occasions, out of habit. When that happens I direct my pray to something silly that I know doesn't exist. I've been praying all my life so it's just a habit. Your millage may vary.

I am not kidding about this one - not long after my deconversion when I was still attending church due to some commitments to run sound I actually found my self say this, "oh god, please help no one to find out that I no longer believe in you here." I was afraid I might slip and say something. LOL. Talk about a prayer habit! And they have said I wasn't a true believer! Bull.

Well now they all know so I guess that is one more prayer not answered!

Glad you are free mcdaddy! It is a great feeling!

I am not kidding about this one - not long after my deconversion when I was still attending church due to some commitments to run sound I actually found my self say this, "oh god, please help no one to find out that I no longer believe in you here." I was afraid I might slip and say something. LOL. Talk about a prayer habit! And they have said I wasn't a true believer! Bull.

Well now they all know so I guess that is one more prayer not answered!

Glad you are free mcdaddy! It is a great feeling!

I still go to churchWendyloser.gif But my close family and wife know I dont believe. I just need to formally give up my membership. I hope to one day be an advocate for freethought so the closet is counter productive.

Good job Mac. I wish I was closer to get up with you guys and celebrate but the wife doesnt too much care for my secular celebrations. Im happy for you

• Like 1

Thx peeps!

So tonight me and the wife had a talk, she mentioned she was reading some stuff on Nero and Josephus. Anyways I can't remember exactly how the conversation went but it ended with me facepalming myself nearly into oblivion. It's that tired old tactic of trying to equate all the "evidence" for god with the "evidence" for there not to be a god....c'mon, I know you've all heard it.

"you have your evidence, your proof, I have mine (acting as if their's is just as valid). We'll never know...."

I can't even describe.

Makes me so mad when people are completely clueless that whatever "proof" or "logic" they THINK they have is completely bogus and debunked but they have no idea. Like saying they did DNA testing on the Shroud of Turin AND ITZ JEZUZ BLOOD DONTCHAKNOW?!?!! IT'S A DNA TEST!!!! HOLEE FACK!!!11!111!

My wife is a wonderful person, but damn, she had no idea how mind numbingly retarded she sounds when she tries to stick up for her religion.

• Like 3

I hear ya.

Thx peeps!

So tonight me and the wife had a talk, she mentioned she was reading some stuff on Nero and Josephus. Anyways I can't remember exactly how the conversation went but it ended with me facepalming myself nearly into oblivion. It's that tired old tactic of trying to equate all the "evidence" for god with the "evidence" for there not to be a god....c'mon, I know you've all heard it.

"you have your evidence, your proof, I have mine (acting as if their's is just as valid). We'll never know...."

I can't even describe.

Makes me so mad when people are completely clueless that whatever "proof" or "logic" they THINK they have is completely bogus and debunked but they have no idea. Like saying they did DNA testing on the Shroud of Turin AND ITZ JEZUZ BLOOD DONTCHAKNOW?!?!! IT'S A DNA TEST!!!! HOLEE FACK!!!11!111!

My wife is a wonderful person, but damn, she had no idea how mind numbingly retarded she sounds when she tries to stick up for her religion.

Mine too...confirmation bias at it fullest. I'll say a prayer for you tonight.jesus.gif

Could you get her to at least admit that that's agnosticism?

Could you get her to at least admit that that's agnosticism?

Pointless. She won't read a single thing opposing her POV, and assumes that apologists' information is as good, if not better, than the "real" evidence. Ugh. I try to tell her that it's. OT "the same" but she just won't hear it.

Whatever it takes to maintain the delusion.

Siiiggghhhh....

I hope you continue to have a sense of completion and fulfillment. I was fortunate in that I didn't have nagging doubts or fears of hell that lingered once I realized Christianity was a myth and cultural artifact. I don't feel a need to tell people unless it somehow comes up in conversation - or someone asks, which is rare in both instances. Now that I realized that Jesus isn't the "answer," I'm just trying to look for the answers in the right places.

Being free, while feeling liberated, also is very scary. No safety net. No omnipotent, omniscient, omnipowerful, omnibenevolent buddy in time of need. Been feeling pretty depressed lately. Even if I still was a believer, it wouldn't have made a difference though. I felt like this before I even thought about xianity possibly not being true.

Alot on my mind.

Being free, while feeling liberated, also is very scary. No safety net. No omnipotent, omniscient, omnipowerful, omnibenevolent buddy in time of need. Been feeling pretty depressed lately. Even if I still was a believer, it wouldn't have made a difference though. I felt like this before I even thought about xianity possibly not being true.

Alot on my mind.

Did you intend to say that you have considered that Christianity might be true? Eat some fruit and veggies, and feel better, Mac. :)

I've been having some serious mood swings as well. Ex-C is a difficult place to be.

I think the deeper someone was in religion, the harder it's going to be to adjust to being out of it.

I was never a religious person, so I've never experienced any mood swings or depression since leaving. The only things that upset me are people treating me poorly because of my status.

I've been having some serious mood swings as well. Ex-C is a difficult place to be.

You mean the site or the frame of mind?

State of being

State of being

Mostly what it does to relationships with others