Goodbye Jesus

"if It Wasn't For All The Fucking Women.."

Stamps1962

Because wanting to have rule over my own body is a leftist religion?

Kiss my ass Legion. I will never back down from misogynism, and if that makes me "not compassionate", fucking bite me.

I'm a newbie, but even as a lurker, I've read enough of Legion to want to kiss you for saying this! I haven't even been able to go back to the abortion thread because reading his thoughts on it makes my stomach hurt every time. Legion, you can dress up your misogyny in all the pretty, polite words you want, you can pretend to be oh so very stressed out about the ethical pseudo dilemma that is abortion, but guess what - misogyny is misogyny, period. If you can muster up more for concern for a zygote than a woman - or even EQUAL FUCKING CONCERN - you're a misogynist.

That said, hello everyone!

Welcome :)

Well, I can't seem to pull away yet. I guess I'm weak. I just want to come completely clean for once. I just want to be as honest as I am able, without any ulterior motives. I don't have a bird's eye view of life. I only have my own limited perspective.

I don't believe I hate women. In fact, I find them fascinating in all kinds of ways. They strike me as being beautiful, mysterious, and powerful. When I hear Santana's song "Black Magic Woman", I think... now here's a guy who understands.

Now, my own personal preference in relationships is monogamy. When I've had girlfriends, I've had little desire to cheat on them, and I would prefer that they not cheat on me. And this has generally worked because the women I've been with also seemed to have this preference. The intimacy I desire to have with my woman goes well beyond physical intimacy. I want us to be complementary partners in the journey of life, and know each other almost better than we know ourselves. I would like for us to learn to anticipate each other's needs, and move to fulfill them as they arise. I want to be her anchor and grounding to the Earth, even as she inspires me to heaven.

I say all this to indicate that I am not averse to lifelong commitment. Simultaneously though, under contemporary circumstances, I personally don't see any advantage whatsoever to marriage. In fact, to me it seems to undermine the very thing which it is ostensibly intended to promote (i.e. lifelong commitment).

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is... I've chosen not to participate. I don't have a girlfriend at the moment, and I'm not looking for one. When I talk to the fellas, they say "you can't be happy without a woman." But I think that's absurd. Of course I can be. Admittedly, I'd likely be happier IF I had a woman who was compatable with me. But I can't seem to escape the impression that for me the "costs" measured in their various ways have exceeded the benefits in today's environment.

So there's a portion of my perspective for whatever it's worth.

Legion, from your second paragraph I'd say you still think of women as "that other group that's different". While this is certainly better than thinking of women as inferior, I still see it as a skewed view. I see women as individuals, each and every one different. Some are mysterious, some are just plain ordinary.

I'm always disgusted if I'm out with a male friend and they discuss a random woman's attributes. Saying "she needs to eat more". Or, "man did you see how big that woman was?" .. "Did you see that ass?" Sometimes I feel like I'm the only male that's not looking around at all the woman and judging their attractiveness all the time. Part of it is that I'm married now, and I don't see a point at looking around at other women, but even when I was single and I saw an attractive/unattractive woman I kept my thoughts to myself, because I respected them as people. They're my equals. I don't want women standing around together discussing if I'm too fat or thin, if i need to hit the gym... whatever.

Every person is an individual who deserves respect (until they prove to you otherwise). Treat them that way.

SilentKnight, I'm not sure you quite understand. I don't HAVE to do anything. I can sit right here in this spot until I die of starvation if I so choose. I've embraced the idea that I am already dead; it's only a matter of time. So everything between now and then, is gravy. I now live life in technicolor.

SilentKnight, I'm not sure you quite understand. I don't HAVE to do anything. I can sit right here in this spot until I die of starvation if I so choose. I've embraced the idea that I am already dead; it's only a matter of time. So everything between now and then, is gravy. I now live life in technicolor.

Of course you don't HAVE to do anything. I never said you did.

It's wonderful to view all people as awesome, amazing creatures. I do. I see every person as wonderful. And THAT's why I hate people treating others as something they can make offhand judgments about. That's part of my point. The world is beautiful.

Every individual is.

• Like 1

Of course you don't HAVE to do anything. I never said you did.

Well, in the post before this last one, it seemed to me that you basically said things to the effective of....

"This is how it is, and this what you must do."

Oh well, in any case, it really does seem to me that I've reached the point of diminishing returns here at ex-C. I would prefer that I be of some benefit to Ex-C and that this place also be of some benefit to me. But I'm just not feeling it.

I think I should go. Maybe I'll be able to actually stay away this time. :HaHa:

Because wanting to have rule over my own body is a leftist religion?

Kiss my ass Legion. I will never back down from misogynism, and if that makes me "not compassionate", fucking bite me.

I'm a newbie, but even as a lurker, I've read enough of Legion to want to kiss you for saying this! I haven't even been able to go back to the abortion thread because reading his thoughts on it makes my stomach hurt every time. Legion, you can dress up your misogyny in all the pretty, polite words you want, you can pretend to be oh so very stressed out about the ethical pseudo dilemma that is abortion, but guess what - misogyny is misogyny, period. If you can muster up more for concern for a zygote than a woman - or even EQUAL FUCKING CONCERN - you're a misogynist.

That said, hello everyone!

Welcome to Ex-C!