Goodbye Jesus

Atheist Demolishes Christian's Beliefs - In Their Own Forum!

bornagainathiest

Yeah, that's what they told me. Really cuts down dialogue.

Maybe it's a setup, to trap non-Christians that are inexperienced with debating with Christians. Maybe if a Christian provides an argument that someone that is inexperienced has no idea how to reply to, there won't be any other non-Christians that can come and back them up, which might cause the inexperienced non-Christian to begin considering that maybe Christianity is truth, for irrational reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

I got into it one time with an apologist on booktalk.org about God as all knowing and all present and it went very similar.

He kept trying to twist and turn like these people and claim that God knows every possible outcome and we're free to chose any one of them, as if that settles the issue. But of course that fails to reach the meaning of "all knowing." All knowing obviously means knowing which outcome out of an infinite choice of outcomes you will choose by your own freewill because God knows the past, present, and future, the future being the time that you will narrow down the choices and commit to one of them. And just like these people the apologist scrambled to look for some way out of it but to no avail. He was stuck in a mental submission hold from which there is no escape.

Then there's the issue of hell. It's separation from God in the strictest sense. But wait, if God is omnipresent then how can there be anywhere, anywhere at all in an eternity of existence where God is not present if God is "all present?" There can not be such a place as completely separated or isolated from God. God has to be present in satan, hell, sin, all the planets, animals, people, the whole lot. Or else God is not omnipresent after all....

So one by one these attributes assigned to YHWH fall like dominoes and in my experience that isn't a thing a believer can do about it aside from turning a deaf ear and blind eye. I like this Dr. Truths style. Is he a member here?

• Like 1

Thanks BAA for posting this. Best reading I've done in ages. Actually lol-ed.

• 4 months later...
 I wanted to point out that no one ever mentions all the millions of people who have never heard of jesus and the bible that live and die everyday. so all these people will automatically go to hell?? yet god is loving and merciful- he must see these people and know they know nothing of him yet they still get condemned to hell?? .I look at it 

I look at this as willing ignorance on the part of the christians. as no christian ever has been able to give me a solid answer on this. i have been asking this questions for years- most xtians say that this is why they are missionaries, but what about all the years that no one was there? do these people automatically get punishment for not knowing and purgatory cleanses them? how does that even make sense, esp when you say you have a loving just and merciful god.. 

does anyone remember that childrens song you gotta have faith? you gotta have F.A.I.T.H you gotta have faith! i remember singing this in church all the time. it was ingrained into the minds of the young to teach them not to questions the absurdities that they would inevitably find while reading scripture or if someone asked them a questions like dr truth. but many dont even see the paradoxes because they have blind faith in a very strange religion.

Just looked. A moderator closed the thread saying it's not a place for apologetics. I looked in their main site for a place for apologetics. It was there.... "For Christians only".  That forum is deliberately designed to prevent anyone bringing real debate into it. It's just a comfy place for superstionists to pat each other on the back.

Just looked. A moderator closed the thread saying it's not a place for apologetics. I looked in their main site for a place for apologetics. It was there.... "For Christians only".  That forum is deliberately designed to prevent anyone bringing real debate into it. It's just a comfy place for superstionists to pat each other on the back.

I agree. The site has been designed that way to mute genuine dialogue. I managed to get away with debate in their non-debating section though.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7584655/

This was my first internet debate. Enter Christian scholar Eric Hilbert on post 21 (page 2). I struggled a bit with the debate at first but soon found my feet. Overall I think I did ok. I wouldn't put up with any of his nonsense this time round because I've got better at this sort of thing. Trolling on christian sites is definitely an art!

• 7 months later...

Lol. Just goes to show that many Christians do not know their bible as well as they think they do..or should.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, Dr Truth rocks!

And that is such an important question to pose. I find it hilarious and ironic that most of them give the answer "he could of made us all robots, but that wouldn't be a real relationship" (much as if they themselves were robots programmed with this answer).

Everybody answers as if it is blatantly obvious that God exists, that christianity is the correct and that atheist and others who reject the faith are shrugging their shoulders and going "nah, Im going to choose not to believe that". Of course, it is not so. The robot statement would hold much more weight if we actually knew for sure that God exists and that christianity is the correct religion.