Goodbye Jesus

Arrrgh, Co-Workers

Amethyst

So I overheard a convo between a coworker and a neighbor talking about movies, and this coworker honestly does think that Harry Potter is evil.

I am so bloody sick and tired of people who cannot think for themselves! When will the stupidity end? I can't even say anything because it's non-PC, and I don't want to lose my job.

Arrrrgh!

:vent:

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

I am so bloody sick and tired of people who cannot think for themselves! When will the stupidity end? I can't even say anything because it's non-PC, and I don't want to lose my job.

Arrrrgh!

:vent:

When will the stupidity end? When the human race is extinct and replaced by cock roaches. Until then, we suffer.

Don't worry Amethyst people get this way whenever a new fad comes along. Take T.V., Electricity, Rock and Roll, that sort of thing. Whenever something new, different, or that causes an opening for children to go to that the Church has not already condemned, well... they condemn it.

This person has never read the Harry Potter books and in my opinion is a better person for it.

But I don't like Harry Potter.

-Jake

Don't worry Amethyst people get this way whenever a new fad comes along. Take T.V., Electricity, Rock and Roll, that sort of thing. Whenever something new, different, or that causes an opening for children to go to that the Church has not already condemned, well... they condemn it.

This person has never read the Harry Potter books and in my opinion is a better person for it.

But I don't like Harry Potter.

Well, you're probably right about the fad thing. Something new will come up eventually.

But I don't think a person is better for not reading a particular book (or vice versa). Am I a better person for not having read (picks the first book she sees on Amazon.com) Why New Orleans Matters by Tom Piazza? I don't think so.

Different people enjoy different things. As long as you don't believe something that's fictional is the Ultimate Truth and ram it down people's throats, read (or don't read) whatever you want.