Goodbye Jesus

John Paul II movie on TV tonight

Chad3232132

It's a made for TV movie that my TV guide describes as "The pope promotes faith and peace around the globe." What a bunch of crap. I'll probably watch some of the movie just to see how great they try the make him out to be. Promoted faith and peace he most certainly did not.

It's a made for TV movie that my TV guide describes as "The pope promotes faith and peace around the globe." What a bunch of crap. I'll probably watch some of the movie just to see how great they try the make him out to be. Promoted faith and peace he most certainly did not.

:dead:

:jerkit:

:ukliam2:

He could have promoted science. but he didn't, they keep on saying he fought the USSR, and it was because of through him the USSR collapsed.

It's because people were able to spread information to get people to wake up... or so that's what my history teacher told us. Sorta like how Blogs are getting people to break free of the propaganda over here too!

Gooo baa baa boobie.

The two greatest historical lies we in the U.S. have heard from conservatives over the past 10 years:

1. Ronald Reagan caused the downfall of the USSR

2. Pope John Paul II caused the downfall of the USSR

Neither one of the two did very much at all to bring down the USSR and communism in Eastern Europe. Hell even Bin Laden and his Islamo-fundies in Afghanistan did more to bring about the collapse of the USSR!

When he died I brought up something I had heard, back in the late 80s I think, and people jumped all over me with How Dare You's

has anyone heard that JP2 has some WWII "past" that was whitewashed over with fluff? someone said he was involved in some of the atrocities. It's all vague

He could have promoted science. but he didn't, they keep on saying he fought the USSR, and it was because of through him the USSR collapsed.

It's because people were able to spread information to get people to wake up... or so that's what my history teacher told us. Sorta like how Blogs are getting people to break free of the propaganda over here too!

Gooo baa baa boobie.

The two greatest historical lies we in the U.S. have heard from conservatives over the past 10 years:

1. Ronald Reagan caused the downfall of the USSR

2. Pope John Paul II caused the downfall of the USSR

Neither one of the two did very much at all to bring down the USSR and communism in Eastern Europe. Hell even Bin Laden and his Islamo-fundies in Afghanistan did more to bring about the collapse of the USSR!

Yea like it was the Soviet economy exploding in their faces that made them fall. not John Paul. You know if Communism falls in China (fat chance), the Christians are going to say, it was the Bush (or the guy after Bush), that made communism fall, or God who made communism fall, so that billions of Chinese can have Christ.

on that note, like Chinese would follow Christ, that's only a tiny fraction that do. So even if somehow democracy was allowed in China, for freedom of religion, that just means people can believe in Chinese folk religions more.

China is communist in name only. It's more or less already dead.