Goodbye Jesus

A Candle Burning In Ex-C

Legion

ROFL - at your first comment telling the 'philosopher' to fuck off. And kudos for the 2nd one here for seeing what I saw the very first time. Thanks for verifying that my head isn't on backwards.

Well I wouldn't go THAT far.

. Thanks for verifying that my head isn't on backwards.

Well I wouldn't go THAT far.

Leave it to YOU to reference 'head' LOL

Hmm... Somehow the word "douchebags" doesn't quite capture the magnificence of suckage being displayed here by some folks. FrogsToadBigGrin.gif

What can we do to give it greater descriptive prowess? silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

Well, perhaps "empty douchebags"? Wendyshrug.gif

Nah, doesn't quite do it.

"deflated douchebags"? :scratch:

closer

I got it! happydance.gif

flaccid douchebags

Yes, that's very near it.

Let there here be a reward for, and recognition of, The Flaccid Douchebags. EthelCGoldMedal.gif

Hmm... Somehow the word "douchebags" doesn't quite capture the magnificence of suckage being displayed here by some folks. FrogsToadBigGrin.gif

What can we do to give it greater descriptive prowess? silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

Well, perhaps "empty douchebags"? Wendyshrug.gif

Nah, doesn't quite do it.

"deflated douchebags"? silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

closer

I got it! happydance.gif

flaccid douchebags

Yes, that's very near it.

Let there here be a reward for, and recognition of, The Flaccid Douchebags. EthelCGoldMedal.gif

Assuming those 'sage' comments were directed towards moi, then I can say wow, that is SSSOOO heavy man. I'm gonna go light up a joint, sit on the mountain outside my tent and contemplate your words along with my navel. ROFL
  • Like 4

Since the OP did make mention of mathematics, let's seize this opportunity to represent the Flaccid Douchebags as a (tentative*) set.

Since a set can be described by naming it and then setting it equal to its constituent members, let us now do this.

Flaccid Douchebags = {mcdaddy, wndwalker, thought2much, florduh, bornagainatheist, par4dcourse, thakerie, raoul}

On reflection, it seems this thread has functioned very effectively as a Flaccid Douchebag magnet.

* This set description will remain open, so that entry and exit from the set is permitted.

• Super Moderator
On reflection, it seems this thread has functioned very effectively as a Flaccid Douchebag magnet.

Perhaps YOU are the magnet. We bags are just amused by voodoo science and philosophy.

• Like 1

Let us now entertain that I function as a sorter of ex-C members into two different sets which we will here call, Flaccid Douchebags and non-(Flaccid Douchebags). We can represent this sorting process using category theoretic terms.

Legion: All ex-C members --> {Flaccid Douchebags, non-(Flaccid Douchebags)}

• Super Moderator

Perhaps we need a creative name-calling thread.

Shouldn't there be a third category: non-flaccid douchebags? Or is that technically a subset of non-(flaccid douchebags)?

No, I am not interested. You think you're high-minded and profound, but you're really just intellectually dishonest. Why would I be interested?

This is the "Science vs Religion" forum. Personal attacks are not appreciated in this part of the website. Dial these the personal shit down down or I have to pass out a bunch of detention cards. This applies to everyone here. This is the only warning.

No, I am not interested. You think you're high-minded and profound, but you're really just intellectually dishonest. Why would I be interested?

This is the "Science vs Religion" forum. Personal attacks are not appreciated in this part of the website. Dial these the personal shit down down or I have to pass out a bunch of detention cards. This applies to everyone here. This is the only warning.

I probably shouldn't do this, but really? Every post Legion makes is virtually a personal attack on the entire board. This post calls him out for it and it gets the red warning? What am I missing here? Are you not reading Legion's posts to see why someone might respond to him like this? I really don't get it. My mind is literally boggled.

• Like 3

I probably shouldn't do this, but really? Every post Legion makes is virtually a personal attack on the entire board. This post calls him out for it and it gets the red warning? What am I missing here? Are you not reading Legion's posts to see why someone might respond to him like this? I really don't get it.

You mean the mob v 1 person? Bad bad one person. He's so scary against the mob.

The fact is, Legion has been suspended several times. You haven't, neither has WndWalkr. I've given everyone else a free pass. So from now on, I'll give everyone the same treatment. That's the warning.

And something else, I don't follow all thread. I don't read all responses. But when people are piling up against one... and in a forum part where we're supposed to be "professional". Really? You're excusing it?

Seeing how only a tiny portion of this thread relates to science, the few posts that did attempt to include science went completely ignored and also considering the tone of the original post, I am going to repeat my suggestion. Please consider moving this thread to the Totally Off Topic section.

Seeing how only a tiny portion of this thread relates to science, the few posts that did attempt to include science went completely ignored and also considering the tone of the original post, I am going to repeat my suggestion. Please consider moving this thread to the Totally Off Topic section.

I'm not going to move the thread just to satisfy the hunger of the mob. It's despicable. Stop the mob voluntarily or I'll stop it.

You wanted to know when I'm in moderator mode? Well, you can see it in the red color.

I probably shouldn't do this, but really? Every post Legion makes is virtually a personal attack on the entire board. This post calls him out for it and it gets the red warning? What am I missing here? Are you not reading Legion's posts to see why someone might respond to him like this? I really don't get it.

You mean the mob v 1 person? Bad bad one person. He's so scary against the mob.

The fact is, Legion has been suspended several times. You haven't, neither has WndWalkr. I've given everyone else a free pass. So from now on, I'll give everyone the same treatment. That's the warning.

He was suspended last because he made a personal attack against my wife, who is not a member here and has never posted here.

He has been suspended because he's an incessant troll. I love you Hans, but this pisses me off. Framing it like it's a poor little man against the crowd. The guy has been a cancer on this forum for years. You guys have banned people for far less than he has engaged in and now a guy calls him out for his behavior and gets the red letter treatment. It's just wrong. Get mad at me for saying it if you will, but it's wrong.

• Like 1

He has been suspended because he's an incessant troll. I love you Hans, but this pisses me off. Framing it like it's a poor little man against the crowd. The guy has been a cancer on this forum for years. You guys have banned people for far less than he has engaged in and now a guy calls him out for his behavior and gets the red letter treatment. It's just wrong. Get mad at me for saying it if you will, but it's wrong.

So mob behavior is excused. I thought better of you and anyone else here. Stooping to the same level, and not eve apologizing, but defend it instead.

How exactly am I behaving? Challenging authority? I have made no personal attacks here. I've merely strongly stated my opinion.

And if you expect me to have sympathy for Legion, let me ask you how much you would give him if he made a direct and highly inappropriate attack on your wife?

I'll just say one last thing here (I hope). I respect Ouroborus as a person and as a mod and I probably should have been more diplomatic here. I've had a highly stressful day -- call it excuse or explanation, whatever you prefer. I don't apologize for my dislike of Legion, but I'll just wash my hands of this here. I've said my piece. I've had Legion on ignore and have told him I won't respond to him and have asked him that he not respond to me. Ouro, I apologize to you for not being more respectful to you as a person and as a friend.

• Like 1

How exactly am I behaving? Challenging authority? I have made no personal attacks here. I've merely strongly stated my opinion.

No. I don't care much about authority myself.

When Legion was an asshole to you. He was suspended.

People are being assholes to Legion. I warn them they will be suspended if they continue.

What you're challenging is the right for them to be assholes, but not Legion. Fair treatment would be to suspend all asshole, Legion included, indefinitely.

I think I was more than fair by giving a warning to everyone to stop acting as assholes. Don't defend their behavior and make it sound like they're on a righteous campaign against the evil troll. I'm not going to suspend you for doing it, I'm just asking you to consider what kind of mores and rights you're defending when you're defending a troll-mob behavior.

And if you expect me to have sympathy for Legion, let me ask you how much you would give him if he made a direct and highly inappropriate attack on your wife?

No. I don't ask you to have sympathy for Legion. I'm asking you to see the world from a slightly higher viewpoint than just what is hurt you personally. I think there are plenty other trolls on this board. I disagree with many things with many people here. I disagree with things Legion has to say too. I don't use my power to make this board into a Hans-board (like Troy). We try to allow multiple views and even rude remarks and offensive language. But there are two things that are wrong in this thread:

1. It is in a forum (section of the website) were we do not approve of personal attacks -- against board policy

2. It is a mob doing the personal attacks - against normal ethical behavior

Do you disagree with that?

1. It is in a forum (section of the website) were we do not approve of personal attacks -- against board policy

Do you disagree with that?

Said I had hoped to not respond, but I feel compelled to at least keep the record straight. Beyond that is up to you:

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/53990-a-candle-burning-in-ex-c/page__st__40#entry814513

Flaccid Douchebags = {mcdaddy, wndwalker, thought2much, florduh, bornagainatheist, par4dcourse, thakerie, raoul}

I personally did not see Windwalker's response as a personal attack in the sense that it was an inaccurate reflection of Legion's posts. The quote above, however, is absolutely a blatant personal attack against several members of this board in the very thread that WW was reprimanded.

I'll just say one last thing here (I hope). I respect Ouroborus as a person and as a mod and I probably should have been more diplomatic here. I've had a highly stressful day -- call it excuse or explanation, whatever you prefer. I don't apologize for my dislike of Legion, but I'll just wash my hands of this here. I've said my piece. I've had Legion on ignore and have told him I won't respond to him and have asked him that he not respond to me. Ouro, I apologize to you for not being more respectful to you as a person and as a friend.

I respect and love you too Vigile, and I totally understand stress levels and how real life affects board behavior. All I'm asking is... if Legion's behavior in the past resulted in suspension, then same or similar behavior from other members should deserve the same treatment. I know, as moderators, we're not consistent with policies and such. It's a bit harder than most people think, especially when we have very few active moderators, and we try really hard to be more open and allowing than not. The easiest way to moderate would be to just ban, straight out, for any infringement, every time. But we don't want a police-state board. We proud ourselves in allowing more, but it means that sometimes, we have to draw a line in the sand that is somewhat arbitrary. I wish you could see it from this end.

I personally did not see Windwalker's response as a personal attack in the sense that it was an inaccurate reflection of Legion's posts. The quote above, however, is absolutely a blatant personal attack against several members of this board in the very thread that WW was reprimanded.

Okay. I can agree on that. WW's post wasn't the best pick. I wanted to multi-quote a bunch to have it address to several at the same time. Time issues held me back. Real life interference... Just writing these last few posts, interrupted and pulled from my desk about 8-10 times.

It's a bit harder than most people think,

I believe it. All of you guys have nonetheless done a stand up job at keeping a good balance between holding back the shit storms and not creating an atmosphere where free speech is unnecessarily threatened. 3.gif

• Like 1

True. I've tried to abide by that policy in this thread.

To me this indicates that you find the problem unacceptable in any section. If that is not your meaning please correct my misunderstanding.

What would you prefer that the many do when they are tried of being attacked by the one? Would you like the one's posts to be flagged every time he makes a blanket insult against the entire community? Or would it be better for you if everyone who is tired of it put the one on ignore? I'm thinking the second option would be better. Are we allowed to encourage each other to use ignore? I don't want to tell people "Ignore the one" if you see that as mob attacks.