Goodbye Jesus

A Testing

Legion

It seems the economic system is crumbling. The system of money, though incredibly useful is far too easy to violate now that we have a highly connected global economy that has algorithms making far too many decisions that have far too much of an effect on far too many levels of society. Add to that the middle east conflict that will go on until they destroy the world, destroy each other, unify or dissolve, you can see that the world is going through a tough time right now.

You would think that by now we'd have found a way to distribute the core resources of the world so that the baseline for living includes adequate food and shelter for living, but because of the choice of economy the inequality in the world is being challenged by the pursuit of profit. At the same time, the richest nations are at a crossroads because production costs are to rise heavily when the human rights violations resolve and the US tries to patch it's own economy by discouraging outsourcing, lowering profits but rising the cost of living and further shaking the global economy.

It's incredibly shaky right now. The Christians and Jews expect the world to end at some point so pretty much ignore the full reality of what's going on, everyone else just doesn't know what to do about it because what I believe the problem is is that we've surpassed the system of money as a means to distribute key resources on some capacity. That is not to say that we will need to reinvent the economy, but perhaps we just need to upgrade our concept of money. Maybe overhauling the stock market a little, or overhauling digital funds could make a difference.

Given the technology we have, nobody should be out of work. Algorithms could easily distribute jobs to all who need it and have the entire world working at full capacity. At the same time we could allow a haven for creative thinkers, scientists, philosophers and researchers to do the things they love and upgrade the capabilities of the world and everyday life for future human beings. Instead we have a somewhat archaic system and way of thinking about it (IMO).

• Like 2

Falemon, I don't know why, but as I read your post above I feel sad. And it seems so well written. Don't mind me though. I'm dealing with many emotions over here.

I'm glad you came to ex-C. I hope your time here brings you gain.

Falemon, I don't know why, but as I read your post above I feel sad. And it seems so well written. Don't mind me though. I'm dealing with many emotions over here.

I'm glad you came to ex-C. I hope your time here brings you gain.

One of the reasons I felt so sad when I read this post was because when this realization about 'life' hit me like a ton of bricks, I have had to deal with the 'reality' of life and how we are just plain ole' evolving, concious, self-ware animals......really only at the beginning stages of how to use our brains properly.. Personally, I think the world is in for BIG trouble before it evolves to a new stage. I'm glad I won't be around for it.

If you look some of the traits of psychopaths (the ones that don't kill) and see how it refers to 'survival' - you'll soon see the human-animal connection. It dosen't look pretty to me. Study the animal kingdom...same thing.....just sayin'........

Hopefully, the brain will continue to evole to higher states.

It seems the economic system is crumbling. The system of money, though incredibly useful is far too easy to violate now that we have a highly connected global economy that has algorithms making far too many decisions that have far too much of an effect on far too many levels of society. Add to that the middle east conflict that will go on until they destroy the world, destroy each other, unify or dissolve, you can see that the world is going through a tough time right now.

You would think that by now we'd have found a way to distribute the core resources of the world so that the baseline for living includes adequate food and shelter for living, but because of the choice of economy the inequality in the world is being challenged by the pursuit of profit. At the same time, the richest nations are at a crossroads because production costs are to rise heavily when the human rights violations resolve and the US tries to patch it's own economy by discouraging outsourcing, lowering profits but rising the cost of living and further shaking the global economy.

It's incredibly shaky right now. The Christians and Jews expect the world to end at some point so pretty much ignore the full reality of what's going on, everyone else just doesn't know what to do about it because what I believe the problem is is that we've surpassed the system of money as a means to distribute key resources on some capacity. That is not to say that we will need to reinvent the economy, but perhaps we just need to upgrade our concept of money. Maybe overhauling the stock market a little, or overhauling digital funds could make a difference.

Given the technology we have, nobody should be out of work. Algorithms could easily distribute jobs to all who need it and have the entire world working at full capacity. At the same time we could allow a haven for creative thinkers, scientists, philosophers and researchers to do the things they love and upgrade the capabilities of the world and everyday life for future human beings. Instead we have a somewhat archaic system and way of thinking about it (IMO).

These things are true and should be considered. But just like anything else in life, each person should consider the heavy topics, assess which parts you yourself can have control over or do SOMETHING about, then move and and DO it.

It can be incredibly overwhelming to see the big picture and feel like you have no control. No one can do anything to control it as a whole. The best we can do is to take responsibility for what matters to us and set out to make whatever difference that you can. It doesn't matter if it's to recreate a society that is health, teach people to think more critically about what they're doing and what they believe, or stay home and raise your kids. What's important is that you educate yourself and those around you keep on doing what is important to you, big or small.

• Like 2

These things are true and should be considered. But just like anything else in life, each person should consider the heavy topics, assess which parts you yourself can have control over or do SOMETHING about, then move and and DO it.

It can be incredibly overwhelming to see the big picture and feel like you have no control. No one can do anything to control it as a whole. The best we can do is to take responsibility for what matters to us and set out to make whatever difference that you can. It doesn't matter if it's to recreate a society that is health, teach people to think more critically about what they're doing and what they believe, or stay home and raise your kids. What's important is that you educate yourself and those around you keep on doing what is important to you, big or small.

Absolutely agree with you there. I am always working on building up on my ideas, and perhaps by addressing my beliefs, contributing written works and just following my passion I will be able to play a role in the things I believe in.

It could just be the fact of passing down my understanding to my children and those closest to me, but I believe strongly in taking action no matter how subtle in order to make a change of some sort. When you examine the progressions of science many key finds were never understood until after the associated figure had passed, sometimes a mere matter of months or years afterwards.

It's so funny, I've never felt so alive :) Damn.

• Like 1

Legion: I agree with Windwalkr99. I would take it further: There are very few times in the history of mankind that people in the know, so to speak, didn't have sufficient reason to worry themselves into apoplexy if they were to dwell on all the thngs that really could go wrong. I am not speaking about unrealistic fear. The facts frequently have looked bleak. Just one example: As I am sure you know, the Nazis came close to beating us in making the first atomic bombs. Our leaders knew they were on our tails. We used them. Our leaders said it was necessary to avoid much larger losses of life. The Nazis, on the other hand would have had nothing to stop them from multiple genocides since they were under the control of a maniac. My point is that we can really drive ourselves nuts by dwelling on all the horrible things that could happen. Particularly since there is nothing (or little) that all but a few of us can do about it. We have to make this life work for us as best we can. There sure isn't any heavan hereafter. Well, at least it's highly unlikely. Sorry for getting so carried away, but perhaps it helps to put things into perspective. I am sure you will work through this. Remember the serenity prayer(without god in it) We should have the courage to change the things we can, the serenity to accept the things we can't, and have the wisdom to know the difference. Good advice, even if it came from christians. Good luck. bill

• Like 2

Legion,

I am really having a hard time taking you seriously.

Around the time of the election and results you took a vacation. Enforced or willingly, I don't know or care. Now you come back and are having an existential crisis about the state of america.

The myth of america has always been that. Just like the myth of the British Empire, and the "dream that was Rome." It was a collective dream and ideal nothing more.

Things don't suddenly fail over night. They fail through years sometimes decades of neglect and mismanagement. Additionally, we chose an economic system that has a built in time bomb. The debt based system the world is in right now will fail. It remains to be seen if it will be a sudden collapse with a rebuilding, or if it will be decades of stagnation as the system is change from within. Either way its going to suck.

How about rather than sitting in it and be moaning how terrible things are, you do something. Volunteer at a food pantry. Help an old lady across the street. Read up on a resource based economy. Plant a garden. Petition the local government for changes. Invent something or help someone do so. Write a book. Talk to people about Occupy or the Tea Party or Libertarianism or whatever. Become a Prepper. Whatever.

Just Do Something.

The best way out of inertia is action.

• Like 5

Look, I am going through most of the classic cognitive stages of loss. Now some of you might take glee in this, and if so then I think this speaks to the gutteral state of your character.

When Obama was put back in office, my initial reaction was basically denial. "Is that happening? Nah, can't be... I can't believe that just happened." Then I was filthy angry. And now I'm basically moving through bargaining, grief, and on to acceptance.

I was at work last night and a black woman who works there walked by and said in a mocking tone, "The sky is falling. The sky is falling." And I wasn't angry at all. She just seemed like the biggest fool in the world to me.

The sky is not falling. It will still be there. But our economy is heading towards an area somewhere between meltdown and disintegration. Even if Romney had won, we would have been heading in that direction, but he might have slowed it somewhat and given us more time to become informed and prepared. Now we are speeding towards it. This woman has no idea that the reality within which she has generally lived is about to come unglued. And on the off chance that she voted for Obama, she actually contributed to its acceleration.

• Super Moderator
This woman has no idea that the reality within which she has generally lived is about to come unglued.

What you're still missing is that this, your statement of 'fact', is merely your opinion, and a minority opinion at that.

There is no evidence to indicate which president would have the least harmful effect on the country. It's all political rhetoric, exaggeration, lies, agenda, opinion and guesswork on all sides. How is it that she is wrong and you are right?

This woman has no idea that the reality within which she has generally lived is about to come unglued.

What you're still missing is that this, your statement of 'fact', is merely your opinion, and a minority opinion at that.

No, I wish it were. There is a really, real reality which is governed by causality.

There is no evidence to indicate which president would have the least harmful effect on the country.

Uh, right. Look, it is evident from the words and the actions of Obama that he has contempt for the vast, vast majority of Americans. It's basically a natural byproduct of having contempt for most of the remainder of humanity. No doubt Romney has a vast store of people for whom he also has contempt, but I do strongly suspect that he would have made an effort to slow the descent and prepare Americans.

How is it that she is wrong and you are right?

What is this a photograph of...?

hidden-cow.gif

• Super Moderator
Look, it is evident from the words and the actions of Obama that he has contempt for the vast, vast majority of Americans.

And one of the most salient points during the campaign was the audio/video of Romney writing off half of America as nothing better than parasites. No viable politician has any love for the common people. The only people either of those politicians like are those who can materially contribute to their agendas. There is evidence that both men live in another realm, and we aren't welcome there.

No, I wish it were. There is a really, real reality which is governed by causality.

Again, opinion. The majority of Americans disagreed with your causality conclusions at the ballot box. We each decide what causes what and the kind of reality we desire, and how to achieve it.

The sky is not falling. It will still be there. But our economy is heading towards an area somewhere between meltdown and disintegration. Even if Romney had won, we would have been heading in that direction, but he might have slowed it somewhat and given us more time to become informed and prepared. Now we are speeding towards it. This woman has no idea that the reality within which she has generally lived is about to come unglued. And on the off chance that she voted for Obama, she actually contributed to its acceleration.

The bolded always.

I had a similar issue when bush was re-elected. Though I always "knew" in the back of my head that Kerry wasn't going to win. I voted for him anyway. I wasn't surprised when the results were announced.

If I remember correctly, anthropologists have stated there was a time in human history, like 100k plus years ago, when a series of catastrophes hit the planet. Literally. That the entire population of the world was less then 100,000 people. That is world ending. Yet we survived.

You obviously believe this is the end of the US. So, prepare for it. Take action.

If it happens it happens. But the next day the sun will still rise. The birds will still sing. And the mayfly lives of politicians will have passed quicker than their namesake.

Legion you have turned politics into a religion and it is harming you.

• Like 2

Look, it is evident from the words and the actions of Obama that he has contempt for the vast, vast majority of Americans.

And one of the most salient points during the campaign was the audio/video of Romney writing off half of America as nothing better than parasites.

It's likely not half, but many basically are. They're social parasites and carrion who feed on the scraps that the predators throw to them in return for votes.

No viable politician has any love for the common people.

No, they clearly don't. And the sick thing is, through a monopoly on education the government had a part to play in bringing Americans to their current broke, decadent, and ignorant condition.

The only people either of those politicians like are those who can materially contribute to their agendas. There is evidence that both men live in another realm, and we aren't welcome there.

I completely agree. The gradient of wealth and power in America has become so hyperbolic that the elites basically live an alternate world.

Again, opinion.

If you believe this is opinion, then you have essentially disavowed the possibility that nature exists and its unfolding may be understood. It's a solipsistic view, which philosophers know to be devoid of interest and rational discussion, and psychologists know to be jeuvenile.

We each decide what causes what...

No, nature is what it is, and does what it does.

and the kind of reality we desire, and how to achieve it.

Are you aware that this is a half-truth?

If it happens it happens. But the next day the sun will still rise. The birds will still sing. And the mayfly lives of politicians will have passed quicker than their namesake.

You seem not to care much about human suffering, or the fact that the cultural expectations of Americans are that of freedom.

• Super Moderator
If you believe this is opinion, then you have essentially disavowed the possibility that nature exists and its unfolding may be understood. It's a solipsistic view, which philosophers know to be devoid of interest and rational discussion, and psychologists know to be jeuvenile.

You took a partial quote to make a point. The opinion part is your interpretation of causes, facts and resulting outcomes. What brings us to discussions devoid of rational discussion is mistaking politics for religion, which Galien has astutely noted.

Legion you have turned politics into a religion and it is harming you.

I don't see this as politics. I'm dealing with an inevitable coming loss.

So the crux is, you guys think things are more or less go on as usual. You don't see it coming.

So the crux is, you guys think things are more or less go on as usual. You don't see it coming.

I think we're all sad at the state of affairs in the world. This is obviously upsetting you very much. I think with time....you may join those of us who just try to accept things the way they are.

Maybe you could fight this issue somehow, if it means this much to you. Takes up 'arms' somehow? We need the fighters to change things...that's for sure. Maybe, you're one of them Legion. Maybe, you can make a difference for the next generation?

I think we're all sad at the state of affairs in the world. This is obviously upsetting you very much. I think with time....you may join those of us who just try to accept things the way they are.

Maybe you could fight this issue somehow, if it means this much to you. Takes up 'arms' somehow? We need the fighters to change things...that's for sure. Maybe, you're one of them Legion. Maybe, you can make a difference for the next generation?

Uh, well, if you're sad about the state of affairs now then wait a while. They're about to get worse.

• Super Moderator
You don't see it coming.

Clearly, everyone does see problems. Few share your paranoia of doom and fixation on Obama.

I simply cannot relate to being so fearful all the time. And, fortunately for me, nothing being said is moving me toward that state of being.

mwc

• Like 2

You don't see it coming.

Clearly, everyone does see problems. Few share your paranoia of doom and fixation on Obama.

Florduh, you've not made an effort to answer my questions posed to you.

I'm speaking here of national socio-economic realities on the near horizon. If you live within America you will be affected. Paranoia is fearing things which are not going to happen. Grounded concern is understanding that great changes are coming to America and that many people will experience growing hardship.

Obama marks a turning point in our history, so I think he warrants examination.

I simply cannot relate to being so fearful all the time. And, fortunately for me, nothing being said is moving me toward that state of being.

mwc

I think it was Stryper who suggested that I take action. And I intend to, but I have to be honest. I am procrastinating because I know when the outlines of my strategy are given greater flesh and detail, and I begin implementing it, then I will have to more deeply grieve for the coming loss.

I think it was Stryper who suggested that I take action. And I intend to, but I have to be honest. I am procrastinating because I know when the outlines of my strategy are given greater flesh and detail, and I begin implementing it, then I will have to more deeply grieve for the coming loss.

Why don't you try to not speak in vague riddles?

mwc