Goodbye Jesus

Found The Truth At Last

Xbelievernow

Hi new to this forum but have been on this site a number of times.

Finally opened my eyes to the truth last March , after nearly 30 years of on/off Christianity .

Still have many Christian friends , but they see me very different now !

F**k me, just how deluded is Christianity ! I'm embarrassed I used to believe this stuff .

Will post more later.

Welcome, Xbeliever!  Pull up a chair and relax, you're in good company here.  This is a great place to rant and share your experiences with many others who have been through a lot of the same stuff you have.

Welcome to ex-C!

I know the feeling... I just can't figure out how I allowed myself to be deluded for so long!

It is totally normal to feel a bit embarassed that you thought this mythology was true.  If you were like me and had people you trusted tell you all this was true since you were in diapers and keep you from influences that may say differently it is just human to make this error.

Welcome

Welcome, X! 

I know exactly what you mean :)

I feel like a moron for having believed in it, too. I'm just glad I was able to get out of it fairly early in life.

Welcome to the forum!

I feel embarrassed for myself, and still for my family and friends.

The other day I was watching TV with my niece and nephew and there was some show on and one of the girls on the show said she loved another girl. (friendship style)

My nephew who is 7 says, "girls cant marry girls...its bad"

No child his age should be turned into a bigot before they can even think for themselves!

Poor kid

I can echo the emberassment here.  I sometimes feel that I need to go through the AA "atonement" step to make amends to people in my past.

Guest Babylonian Dream

I know the feeling. Even for a short while after learning about evolution I held onto the idea that the earth was 6,000 years old. It's very embarrassing. Though just think, you're beyond it now, and can look back on it and just think "how did I.... nevermind... " XD

Welcome! You'll find yourself at home here.

I can absolutely relate to feeling stupid for having believed that garbage too, but when you're in the middle of it you can't see how stupid it is, that comes when you're well and truly out of it, then you have a moment when you look back on the beliefs and go "Wtf brain???"

Welcome Xbeliever!  You are not alone! Everyone here on this forum understands where you are coming from.....you'll always have friends to talk to! Glad you're here with us!!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome buddy, my case is quite different. I never believed in Jehovah, and Jesus christ, but I was forced to church since I was very young.

So I can't really understand you, but Welcome anyways :)

I can echo the emberassment here.  I sometimes feel that I need to go through the AA "atonement" step to make amends to people in my past.

I can totally relate.

Though now you can finally just thank your Unconscious for setting you free, and all the other things you previously thanked "God" for :)

@XBelieverNow: congratulations on your recent revelation. The difficult part is always the relationships with friends, but at least you can now be truthful to the world, no more pretence and all that jazz. No more lost Sunday morning lie ins because for the first time ever you now have a day of "rest" :D

Welcome, Xbn!

I too feel stupid for believing this crap hook, line and sinker for so long.

Hang around! smile.png