Goodbye Jesus

Connecticut Shooting

Jeremy

Already depressed and angry about the recent events, I jump on my facebook account to find this bull crap below. My wife attends church and we share one facebook account so this is from one of the church members. I don’t know if you can be more arrogant and self righteous. Christians will use any negative event as an opportunity to snub their nose, look down on anyone that doesn’t believe the way they do and reminded them that this is all their fault. So disgusted...

"Praying 4 the families of this tragedy, let me say this, our nation will see more of this and worse! When u remove God and his laws, and teach our children they came from animals and they can do and live anyway they want with no absolute truth !! When marriages continue to fail and kids are left to pick up the pieces, where sin used to be shamed and is now celebrated, a nation and it people will suffer!!"

Here's another one for you:

Praying and crying for all the parents who didn't know they were kissing their babies goodbye for the last time this morning in Newtown, CT. Come, Lord Jesus, I don't know how much more this world can take.

I can't tell if she's praying for Jesus to "come" bearing the apocalypse or "come" into people's hearts, etc. I decided not to comment.

I just heard about this.There are no words in my mouth that I can say about this tragic event.  My heart

gets broken - totally broken. It tears my guts out. Makes me want to throw up. I am one hard assed lady right now and I say we adults can pick on each other as much as we want, but leave the god-damned fucking, beautiful, innocent children and animals alone!! Jesus fucking christ...

Let one fucking christian say ANYTHING to me right now about this................

...........It will not be the old Margee who joined this board 2 years ago speaking - I can tell you that!!

• Like 4

"Praying 4 the families of this tragedy, let me say this, our nation will see more of this and worse! When u remove God and his laws, and teach our children they came from animals and they can do and live anyway they want with no absolute truth !! When marriages continue to fail and kids are left to pick up the pieces, where sin used to be shamed and is now celebrated, a nation and it people will suffer!!"

Ask them to explain the Amish school shooting. 

and this gem:

with a belief like nihilism that posits that life has no meaning, that there is no morality, I could easily see problems occurring due to that. Just the epistemological and ontological uncertainty inherent in that, especially in those of college or younger age, who are unstable emotionally, and haven't figured out what life means or how they fit in reality, or if there is even reality, could drive one to commit atrocious acts. Is it any coincidence many of the perps are young, and intelligent, without any means to find out what is true or not.

Margee: My sentiments exactly. You hit it right every time. bill

• Like 2

Margee: My sentiments exactly. You hit it right every time. bill

How can we fix this type of thing Bill? How can we protect the children??? What lengths to we have to go to??woohoo.gif

For all the American's; I just want to say how sorry I am about the loss of all these beautiful children. Words fail me, it makes me weep. Six brave adults also list their lives, most likely while trying to protect the kids. It is just awful. So sorry. :(

Those stupid religious nuts have no sense of decency by already trying to score points. Not to mention the fact that many more secular societies have less incidents like this at schools. Ignorant comments like that make me want to punch people.

• Like 1

Disgusting to see how the clergy just descended on the place.   What the hell could any of them say?

This quote you shared right here is absolutely disturbing. It's almost as if this person thinks that everyone is going to turn into homicidal maniacs simply because America is getting more secular. I doubt you have the energy or the will to correct this person, most likely because people believing in crazy nonsense like this can not be reasoned with. I know if I even attempted to try and correct this person, I would not be able to do it without hostility in my words, which might make that person think their point has been proven.

Already depressed and angry about the recent events, I jump on my facebook account to find this bull crap below. My wife attends church and we share one facebook account so this is from one of the church members. I don’t know if you can be more arrogant and self righteous. Christians will use any negative event as an opportunity to snub their nose, look down on anyone that doesn’t believe the way they do and reminded them that this is all their fault. So disgusted...

This guy is completely brainwashed. What the fuck does this person even know about "truth"? Through years of indoctrinations & threats of hell & of being burned at the stake he is in a long line of folks who have been twisted to believe some antiquated book is absolute truth & the rest of the world is worthless (meaning us who don't believe as HE does). Self righteous bull fucking shit.

This dude should look in the mirror & take a hard look at his "god" too, who has no problem killing children, pregnant women,  add every barbarism of the OT...

Has this moron ever bothered to think that HE actually might be believing a lie?

That type of fundamentalist attitude is just frightening. It's doom & gloom from people like this. Has this guy ever looked around & seen that there ARE some decent people in the world? Has he even bothered to find out more of why people reject his genocidal god? Probably not.

I too think that this type of response is a reflection of the fundies' self righteous attitude like "I told you so!" because they MUST be right.  It is as if they are gloating when horrific things happen, under the guise of "Praying 4 the families..."

They are without feeling, all they feel is their fucking bullshit harsh & inhuman belief system = "religion". mad.gif

• Like 4

This quote you shared right here is absolutely disturbing. It's almost as if this person thinks that everyone is going to turn into homicidal maniacs simply because America is getting more secular. I doubt you have the energy or the will to correct this person, most likely because people believing in crazy nonsense like this can not be reasoned with. I know if I even attempted to try and correct this person, I would not be able to do it without hostility in my words, which might make that person think their point has been proven.

These lazy fucking Christians need to start praying for this stuff to stop happening. I know whatever you pray for in Jesus name he will give to you! :-) Yeah right.

• Like 2

the lord giveth and taketh away,,,, bastard is the name of the lord,,,,

he is the fucking 1st in history to tell one to sacrifice their sons, kill the 1st borns of eygpt,,,,

praying to a fucker like that????

• Like 2

Margee: I wish I were smart enough to provide a solution. I'm afraid that effective gun control would have had to have been done 100 years ago. But something must be done, even at the expense of some considered modifications of our constitutional rights. And I don't say that lightly because I believe very strongly in those rights. It is something that cool heads need to address on behalf of everyone. I hope we have leaders of that caliber. I am a father of five and I have grandchildren. So this is no hypothetical issue for me or for many millions of others. I wish I could pray without being a fool. What's the sense of praying t a god who could have prevented this and didn't. We just have to hang ion there? Thanks for your post.   bill

• Like 2

Gun control is the only way possible and make it harder for people to purchase weapons period, it is not 100% solution by no means. The most recent mass shootings (excluding this one because the shooter didn't own the guns) could of prevented (the owners all obtained them legally) in a lot of the recent mass shootings, however exisiting laws and procedures still have holes and those holes need to be fixed. I am not saying do an outright ban, no it is still a Constitutional right that needs to be protected unless society pushes for a change on it and the Constitutional changes through the legal methods. Banning guns would of only worked if it was done 100 years ago, and it cannot even work now if it was done tomorrow. There is no clean fix to this problem we have in the US with these weapons.

My friend posted this prayer on Facebook:

Please come back quickly Lord Jesus…

Until then God, please give comfort and peace to the families of those who’s lives were taken. Equip and commission those who You will so shower these families with love, compassion, and care in a way that will lead those hurting folks to seek the ultimate comfort that only You can provide. Be with those who survived but witnessed the carnage and/or the aftermath. Be with everyone involved in the investigation and guide them in finding out everything they will need to know. Give a special touch to each and every single person who is affected by this. Also Lord, be with our politicians and lawmakers as they try to come up with effective ways to prevent something like this from ever happening again. Give them wisdom and guide their hearts to follow the wisdom that You provide so that they do not make decisions that would do more harm than good. Send a special blessing to the first responders and others who, in doing their jobs, are being subjected to sights and things that no one should ever have to face. Though we know You are all powerful and that nothing happens outside of Your watchful eye,we don’t always understand why You allow things like this to occur. Your ways are far above our ways and Your mind so far above ours, so please give us grace as we seek You to give us understanding and help us to be ready to answer the questions that will most certainly come our way from those who do not yet put their full trust and faith in You.

I ask all of this in the all-powerful name of Jesus and give You praise, glory and honor forever… Amen

He's getting replies from friends telling him he has a heart of gold and I decided to stop reading before I came across something like what you guys have quoted. What I keep telling myself is he must have no idea what he sounds like.

It won't be constructive to say anything to him, but I did my own edit of the prayer, which I can only post here because I want it to at least have some readers:

Please come back quickly Lord Jesus, bringing the world to a cataclysmic end and rendering it too late for billions of people to accept salvation so that I and those like me can be taken away from the world’s hardships, an infinitesimally tiny fraction of which I ever personally encounter.

Until then God, please give comfort and peace to the families of those whose lives were taken by the tragedy which you allowed to happen, because that’s totally going to make up for it.

Equip and commission those who You will so shower these families with love, compassion, and care in a way that will lead those hurting folks to seek the ultimate comfort that only You can provide, because incidents such as this are an excellent opportunity for my religious beliefs to be proselytized to vulnerable people by brainwashed nutbags who don't know them but assume to know what's missing in their lives.

Be with those who survived but witnessed the carnage and/or the aftermath. You weren’t there stopping them from getting hurt, but you can always make up for the lost time.

Be with everyone involved in the investigation and guide them in finding out everything they will need to know, because modern forensic science can’t replace the time tested method of listening to the voice of god in one’s head.

Give a special touch to each and every single person who is affected by this. I know that if it were part of someone’s plan for my child to be killed in cold blood, I’d want them resting their hand on my shoulder.

Also Lord, be with our politicians and lawmakers as they try to come up with effective ways to prevent something like this from ever happening again. The same guys I post pictures of on facebook consorting with Satan and whose voters I think I’m a million times smarter than.

Give them wisdom and guide their hearts to follow the wisdom that You provide so that they do not make decisions that would do more harm than good. But don’t worry if they do, I’ll be there to blame them for you because I’ll know they didn’t listen to you if I disagree with them.

Send a special blessing to the first responders and others who, in doing their jobs, are being subjected to sights and things that no one should ever have to face. Ignore that I’m subverting your will in saying that since you obviously meant for them to see it.

Though we know You are all powerful and that nothing happens outside of Your watchful eye,we don’t always understand why You allow things like this to occur. Granted, it’s probably because you either don’t exist or don’t care, or maybe because as we read in the Old Testament you just enjoy sending crazy people to slaughter infants in large numbers. Who’s really to say.

Your ways are far above our ways and Your mind so far above ours, even though both seem to always coincide with what we want to happen when we do think we understand it.

So please give us grace as we seek You to give us understanding instead of for once using an ounce of common sense to figure out that you’re a colossal dickhead.

And help us to be ready to answer the questions that will most certainly come our way from those who do not yet put their full trust and faith in You. We’re thinking of just leading them around with the same non-answers we’ve been giving for the last few thousand years, but feel free to bounce any new ideas off us.

I ask all of this in the all-powerful name of Jesus and give You praise, glory and honor forever. Asking you to do people favors on my behalf and in return letting you take credit for what good people do instead of actually doing something myself is the only way to go.

Amen

• Like 6

Disgusting to see how the clergy just descended on the place.   What the hell could any of them say?

Parasites searching for fresh victims to exploit during a time of need.  Sick. 

• Like 2

Gun control is the only way possible and make it harder for people to purchase weapons period, it is not 100% solution by no means. The most recent mass shootings (excluding this one because the shooter didn't own the guns) could of prevented (the owners all obtained them legally) in a lot of the recent mass shootings, however exisiting laws and procedures still have holes and those holes need to be fixed. I am not saying do an outright ban, no it is still a Constitutional right™ that needs to be protected unless society pushes for a change on it and the Constitutional changes through the legal methods. Banning guns would of only worked if it was done 100 years ago, and it cannot even work now if it was done tomorrow. There is no clean fix to this problem we have in the US with these weapons.

Ramen what driiiiiiiiiiiives me totallty nuts Wendybanghead.gif  is the fact that you can buy booze on any corner of city. Did anyone ever see the devestation of alcohol?? Just sit in AA meetings for 22 years and listen to the horrible stories of what alcohol does to society. Yet, I can go to my grocery store today and pick up a bottle of 'something' that kills people, hurts children, destoys lifes, causes chaos  and car accidents. My 'addiction' is in my face everyday!!!  They want us to stay sober and yet they sell it like it was fucking juice in BIG, fancy stores??? WendyDoh.gif   I haven't touched a drink of alcohol for over 20 years because I wanted to be a good citizen and to go totally sober was the only way for me because of my addictive personality. Yet I have to drive 5 fucking miles for my cigarettes.  They are locked up tighter than a drum. Are you guys saying that it would not be a simple thing just to lock the guns up? I can get a fucking gun quicker than my cigerettes.

• Like 3

I have begun unfriending anyone who posts silly gawd responses to this tragic event. How they can still hold to the idea of a loving wizard in charge is beyond me. I no longer want to have even the possibility of hearing more.

I have all sorts of SDA fundies wired in on facebook.

What's really important! My prayers, my thoughts, my tears, pour from my soul, for the parents, family, friends, and all affected by the heinous acts that transpired. God help us all, even the unbeliever!

I was watching the story last night on tv about the school shooting in CT and it sadens me deeply for those parents who lost their children so tragically and unexpectedly. It makes u scared for yourvown children and makes me think how much I love my own and if that were to happen to mine I just wouldn't want to live anymore. my heart and prayers go out to those people. It also makes ked think of how our world is here really about to end and the time our Father God will be coming soon to rescue us from this evil world.

Here's a few folks brainwashed as usual. It's always just about the end of the world, a carrot-on-a-stick which is the go to interpretation every time something bad happens. It sucks to see classmates that I graduated with still stuck perpetually in that mindset from childhood, now as fully grown adults with no better sense than when we were brainwashed children. I'm dumb founded at times when I see that these friends have managed to go through life without ever questioning the status quo of the church, never breaking off into a truth seeking venture that would almost immediately begin to expose these various fallacies that they use as lenses in which to view the world....

For me, I don't know how to react about what happened, but I do know that the fucking bullshit from xtians about this society abandoning "god" does not help. They are so full of shit.

The response I keep seeing on facebook goes something like this:

'This is what happens when you take god and prayer out of our schools', 'I say we bring back prayer in schools NOW', 'We have turned our backs on god and now he is turning his back on us'.... just to name a few of these idiotic, thoughtless responses.  

I have to fight to hold back my responses to these.   I don't want to debate with these people. Really, what good would it do?

Not one decent parent I know would turn their backs on their children, regardless of anything they might or might not do.  Why don't they apply that same logic to their god?  These kids did not deserve any of this...these innocent children.  Who is really in control in the minds of people who continue to let their god get away with murder?  Is their god in control, or is their devil?  How many more innocent people have to suffer and die before their god "returns" to claim "his own"??? Bring back prayer in schools?  Which god are your children going to pray to?  Are you sure they are praying to the right one?

It's all so completely ridiculous.  

What I really want to say is this:  

"Fuck your god.  Where is he?  How many more people must die while he stands idly by and does nothing to help?  How much longer are you going to let him get away with this?  When will you realize that your "loving god" is an "absent god"?  It's up to us to protect our children.  It's up to us to make sure that this NEVER happens again."

• Like 4

Um, prayer's not taken out of schools. Kids have always been free to pray on their own time, as have adults. What's happened is mandatory shoving of religion down kids' throats was removed. And I'm willing to bet none of those kids had a single thing to do with that move. If God allowed this atrocity because he's pissed that his crazy religion's not raping the involuntary anymore, then he deserves nothing less than the same hell he designed for us. If he allowed innocent lives to be brutally taken because he's angry that a completely different set of people aren't using his religion to abuse others, then he is an evil, degenerate, reprobate deity who deserves destruction and opposition.

• Like 4

Margee: I don't think it would be possible for the government to confiscate enough guns to make a significant difference. There are, as you know a lot nuts out there who would bring anarchy if they could over any effort to confiscate guns. However, having said  that, if confiscating certain types of guns is going to be the only possible solution, we are left with no choice. I don't see how we can simply do nothing and let this insane situation continue. It would take a constitutional amendment. But that's been done before.

I can't believe we've allowed ourselves to get to this point, Mostly because of gutless politicians.  bill

• Like 1

Um, prayer's not taken out of schools. Kids have always been free to pray on their own time, as have adults. What's happened is mandatory shoving of religion down kids' throats was removed. And I'm willing to bet none of those kids had a single thing to do with that move. If God allowed this atrocity because he's pissed that his crazy religion's not raping the involuntary anymore, then he deserves nothing less than the same hell he designed for us. If he allowed innocent lives to be brutally taken because he's angry that a completely different set of people aren't using his religion to abuse others, then he is an evil, degenerate, reprobate deity who deserves destruction and opposition.

I came on here to find someone who wasn't crazy, and you answered my "prayers". 

One thing I don't understand (and what I'm hearing a lot of from family) is that there's evil in schools because there's no god, but then they say that this could have easily been avoided if all teachers carried and were trained to have a firearm on their person. 

1) IF god has truly forsaken the school system, WHYWHYWHY would you think it's a good idea to bring guns TO SCHOOL?!??!?! School are EVIL and have rejected god, so you want to arm them? STUPID

2) Isn't that just blaming the victim? HOW are teachers supposed to know someone is going to enter their school on a killing spree?!? Should they be prepared JUST IN CASE? What about those who worked in the mall, should they have concealed weapons JUST IN CASE? What about those who visit malls? What about those who worship in Mosques? Who work in movie theaters? Who go to college? WHO GO TO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL? Should everyone carry a gun, JUST IN CASE? Stupid

I do not think we should (or could) revoke all gun privileges, but I don't see anyone saying that! I'M SAYING we need to reform our laws, because mass shootings are happening days apart!

[/rant]

I felt like whether I'm right or I'm wrong, I just needed to say something.