Goodbye Jesus

What Kind Of Pantheist Are You?

Deva

I got Literal Paganism / New Age / Animism (100%). Which I was sure I would get a result like that.

My top result was Naturalistic Pantheist - 100%, which is what I predicted.

Naturalistic Pantheism 100%

Agnosticism 84%

Dualist Pantheism 79%

Literal Paganism/ New Age/ Animism 75%

Deism 66%

Idealist Pantheism 66%

Atheism/ Secular Humanism 60%

Panentheism 50%

Regular Monotheism 30%

I was going to copy and past my results, but this is extremely close to my scores, within 3% points on everything (except for Panenthism which I was 44%). 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

1. Agnostic Pantheist

100% Idealist Pantheist

1.pngfade.jpg Idealist Pantheist (100%)   

2.pngfade.jpg Literal Pagan / New Age / Animist (96%)   

3.pngfade.jpg Agnostic Pantheist (88%)    

Atheist / Secular Humanist (100%)   

Dualist Pantheist (85%)

Idealist Pantheist (80%)  

Naturalistic Pantheist (79%)   

So apparently I yam what I yam.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure I understand the results.

How can I be 100% atheist

But then have other percents that have Varying Pantheists (belief in god or gods)

I normally consider myself Agnostic bordering atheist and I'm secular humanist but I am ok with the 100% atheist/sh because I feel that way more as time goes on and I answered honestly upon how I feel in this moment in time.

I love nature and the world around us but I don't believe there's a god responsible for it so I don't understand the results.

Why does it say naturalistic Pantheist 84%.

I checked the box that said about being in awe of nature but the feelings were NOT significant part of my life.

Can't we be in awe of nature without having the god connection?

And I do not believe in pagan gods or magick but i still get 47% for new age.

Shouldn't that be zero.

I got zero for Agnostic which I don't agree with.

Atheist / Secular Humanist (100%)

Naturalistic Pantheist (84%)

Agnostic Pantheist (78%)

Dualist Pantheist (73%)

Idealist Pantheist (73%)

Deist (63%)

Panentheist (63%)

Regular Monotheist (57%)

Literal Pagan / New Age / Animist (47%)

Agnostic (0%)

I do love nature and I am in awe of the universe. No gods allowed.

Naturalistic Pantheist (100%)

Atheist/Secular Humanist (82%)

I am 100% Naturalistic Pantheist 

89% Agnostic Pantheist 

84% Deist Pantheist 

84% Idealist Pantheist 

78% Atheist/Secular Humanist 

78% Dualist Pantheist

Wow. I learned a lot about myself.  Huh, now I can tell people I'm a naturalistic pantheist instead of an atheist. 

• 2 weeks later...

Naturalistic Pantheist

Naturalistic Pantheist (100%)  

Dualist Pantheist (80%)  
Literal Pagan / New Age / Animist (76%)  
Agnostic Pantheist (71%)  
Idealist Pantheist (66%)  
Deist (61%)  
Atheist / Secular Humanist (57%)  
Panentheist (42%)  
Regular Monotheist (28%)  
Agnostic (0%)  

I'd say this is pretty spot on for me. I'm a deeply religious person, and a solitary pagan. I see no evidence of god or gods of any kind with an agenda for me or for life on earth (so in that sense, I'm an atheist). I use the archetypes of many different gods and goddesses as visual aids. "Prayer" and "Magick" are just me bouncing ideas off myself and solidifying ideas of what I'd like to do with my life. 

This even includes Jesus sometimes, though I follow NOTHING of the Christian religion and do not consider myself a Christian (it'd be insulting and flat out false to say I am one). I just follow my own ideas about him, just like everyone else. 

My results

Agnostic Pantheist (100%)                
        Idealist Pantheist (100%)                
        Literal Pagan / New Age / Animist (89%)                
        Deist (84%)                
        Naturalistic Pantheist (78%)                
        Dualist Pantheist (68%)                
        Atheist / Secular Humanist (63%)                
        Panentheist (57%)                
        Regular Monotheist (47%)                
        Agnostic (0%)  

Since this quiz is sponsored by pantheist.net it would not surprise me if the results were scewed more towards pantheist anyways.

There were some questions that the answers were a tad limiting. For example I see the mind, body, and the soul (which I consider the very essense of the self) as seperate but equally important to the individual. I don't believe we are just the mind or body,but there is a third factor that makes up who we are.

The closest comparison I can think of is a computer. The mind is the operating system of the body and the hardware. The essense (or the soul) is the user that controls both. We are born with a base personality and it the programs and files loaded onto the computer that customizes it farther. That enhances and surpresses our natural traits. By programs and files I mean the skills and life experiences that makes up our lives, which makes each of our lives unique to us alone. Unless we are dealing with corporate computers that gets reimaged, everyones computer is going to be slightly different and we all have different ways we compute.

As for the difference between god and the universe, I see them as being one and the same. If the universe has a contiousness, then how could we comprehend the contiousness? If there is a deity, why would it care about us, we are but a blink of an eye to an entity that can live forever? Maybe we are the universe itself aware of its own existance? We are made from the material of the universe. Does it even matter?

Regardless, of what the deity is or whether it has a contiousness, it is more important to preserve our planet in the here and now than to focus on an afterlife that may or may not exist. I highly doubt an afterlife exists, but it would be nice to meet my ancesters though but this is wishful thinking.

I trust in science, rationality, and the natural world.  Anything supernatural is something we have yet to understand. There is no such thing as magic; there is only the natural laws of reality.

This is only my perspective, which is still something I'm developing and liable to change.