Goodbye Jesus

Just Wondering...

Guest nobodyyouknow

• Super Moderator

Not sure what the problem is exactly...

It's simply that many people are here because they are pissed off about Christianity and what it did to them and their family. Many resent the cult years after leaving it. We have learned to distrust the institution and those who represent it. There is no mystery as to why Christians aren't celebrated at an Ex-Christian site. That is, Ex-Christian site.

Guest nobodyyouknow

I'm wondering something also.  When you (OP) first arrived at our website, did you notice the link to the disclaimer on the Main Blog page?  Did you read it?   

This blog exists for the express purpose of encouraging those who have decided to leave religion (Christianity) behind. It is not an open challenge to Christians to avenge what they perceive as an offense against their religious beliefs

While the Main Blog and the Forums do allow christians to post, please remember that this website was created for people who need to express and process the hurt, pain, betrayal, lies, and negativity caused by christianity and christians.  If what is expressed here offends you or doesn't suit you in any way whatsoever, you should not be here. Click the X in the top right corner.      

Ex-Christian.Net strongly believes in freedom of speech. We believe everybody should have the freedom to post whatever they like on their own websites, within the boundaries of the law. Anyone who finds the policies of this site too constraining is free to create another website tailored to fit his or her personal preferences.

Please save us all some time and energy and read these before you post again.

Welcome to Ex-C! Watch your step, please  .

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/43927-you-give-love-a-bad-name/

Freedom of speech only goes one way? If you feel I have broken the rules, go ahead and delete the thread.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to be bitter. 

I owe you a bit of an apology. I read this about three times and I could have sworn you posted "I'm saying you don't have a right to be bitter" (thus my rant in my previous post). Although I guess in doing so I unintentionally made a brilliant point, as pointed out by mymistake. Damn, I hate glaucoma...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiSH8JoJe4s

Not sure what the problem is exactly...

It's simply that many people are here because they are pissed off about Christianity and what it did to them and their family. Many resent the cult years after leaving it. We have learned to distrust the institution and those who represent it. There is no mystery as to why Christians aren't celebrated at an Ex-Christian site. That is, Ex-Christian site.

I'm not sure if that aspect of this site has quite sunk in yet with our new Christian friend.

This is a site created by and populated with ex-Christians. People who were Christians, some of them for decades, and who, for a variety of reasons aren't anymore. We understand Christianity. We understand Christians. We understand these things, because we used to be Christians, but now we aren't.

Guest nobodyyouknow

Your right about what my avatar represents but it's just that. My avatar.

Your avatar didn't pick itself

How about an avatar that says, ''Come to me...all you who are heavy laden and I will bring you rest??''

This below is what your avatar means...................

arrogant2.jpg

No, I don't think I am "better" than anyone. 

Yes, I have a bible verse on my avatar. Do I need to check which ones are ok to have or do I have the freedom to choose a verse and display it?

If you don't believe in what the bible says, why should you care what verse is up there?

No I don't see the hypocrisy sorry.

You accuse us of hating Christians when Christianity is hate.  The Bible is a manual of hatred.  It teaches people to hate.  That is the hypocrisy I mention.  You choose a Bible verse as your avatar.  I bet you own a Bible.  I bet you read it at least once a week.  Do you attend church regularly?  How much hate they indoctrinate into you depends on the flavor of Christianity but unless they abandon the Bible some hate will be there.  This is unavoidable.  Do you see the Bible as an authority?  Do you consider the Bible to be the word of God?  You should remove the hatred in your own life before you start worrying about the hatred of others.  We are ex-Christians.  We are learning how to abandon the hate of Christianity.  How much hate we have conquered depends on individual results and how long each of us has been out of the cult.  However you are still part of a strong source of hatred.  So take a good look at what you represent.  Than maybe you will be able to see the whole picture.

• Like 1

I'm wondering something also.  When you (OP) first arrived at our website, did you notice the link to the disclaimer on the Main Blog page?  Did you read it?   

This blog exists for the express purpose of encouraging those who have decided to leave religion (Christianity) behind. It is not an open challenge to Christians to avenge what they perceive as an offense against their religious beliefs

While the Main Blog and the Forums do allow christians to post, please remember that this website was created for people who need to express and process the hurt, pain, betrayal, lies, and negativity caused by christianity and christians.  If what is expressed here offends you or doesn't suit you in any way whatsoever, you should not be here. Click the X in the top right corner.      

Ex-Christian.Net strongly believes in freedom of speech. We believe everybody should have the freedom to post whatever they like on their own websites, within the boundaries of the law. Anyone who finds the policies of this site too constraining is free to create another website tailored to fit his or her personal preferences.

Please save us all some time and energy and read these before you post again.

Welcome to Ex-C! Watch your step, please  .

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/43927-you-give-love-a-bad-name/

Freedom of speech only goes one way? If you feel I have broken the rules, go ahead and delete the thread.

This is a privately owned and funded forum. There is no freedom of speech here in any Constitutional sense.

Preaching is only frowned upon outside of The Lion's Den because we've all heard it before. Many times. Like every Sunday for over twenty years, in my case. I've heard enough about Christianity to last me several lifetimes, thanks.

• Like 1

How about an avatar that says, ''Come to me...all you who are heavy laden and I will bring you rest??''

arrogant2.jpg

Yes, I have a bible verse on my avatar.

Why did you pick this verse...''No Hope''?

I'm not going to justify wrong things that have been done.

Can you acknowledge that the problems with Christianity stem from the very religion itself? In other words, do you understand that it is the very system of beliefs that make up Christianity that allow those wrong things done to be justified by believers?

Bravo!  Now that was something I was not expecting.  It's a pleasant surprise.  Good for you. 

Guest nobodyyouknow

arrogant2.jpg

Yes, I have a bible verse on my avatar.

Why did you pick this verse...''No Hope''?

Because I believe that's where my only hope is found. 

Guest nobodyyouknow

Can you acknowledge that the problems with Christianity stem from the very religion itself? In other words, do you understand that it is the very system of beliefs that make up Christianity that allow those wrong things done to be justified by believers?

I don't think the problem is with God.

Nobodyyouknow.... I want to ask you a sincere question. Do you believe in the literal account  that took place in the first 3 chapters of Genesis, with all your heart and soul?

Well of course not.  The Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are also completely innocent.  We can blame neither Luke Skywalker nor Satan.  The problem comes from people who actually existed.  People like Ezra, "Saint" Paul and Constantine's crew hold much responsibility for what they have done.  Since then various popes, priests and pastors took advantage in their turn.

Well, of course the problem isn't with God. He doesn't exist. However, the problem is with the belief system presented within the Bible itself.

Nowhere in the Bible is slavery discouraged. Nowhere in the Bible is rape discouraged. In fact, both are encouraged and at times even commanded by God himself in the Old Testament.

And before you jump in and say, "Well, that was the Old Testament. The New Testament is about God's love," please remember that the New Testament says nothing to contradict the Old Testament regarding either of these things. Please also remember that it's the New Testament that introduces the idea of an eternal hell, and proposes the most unjust concept in the entire Bible: eternal punishment for finite wrongdoing. That's a belief that is so twisted and perverted, it should never have been allowed to leave ancient Palestine.

wow.. interesting introduction. I like the way you shielded yourself right from the get go with the whole christian persecution thing.

Someone must have told you once that atheists are the way they are because they've been hurt - they are mad at god. *sigh* Someone lied to you. (and not everyone here is an atheist, by the way)

Accusing people of being bitter isn't really the best way to say hello... when you walk into their home, at least I wasn't raised that way. You are in OUR home, as a guest, so to speak.

I'm one of those who wasn't hurt by christians or christianity, or the church, whatever... I left because it's fucking stupid, insupportable and immoral. I sought (diligently and extensively) facts... and I found them and they don't support christianity, or any other religion. I respect people... if they earn it... I don't respect ideas, especially stupid ones. If your idea is dumb - I'll point it out and I'll support that with facts. I WON'T attack someone personally... that's just poor debating skills.

I do have some anger and bitterness about religion because I believe it's harmful... and the religious don't keep it to themselves. I don't apologize for this position.

I'm an anti-theist and past the age where I give a damn about tiptoeing around people's delusions. Others here are far more charitable and polite than I am.  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

But don't vilify Margee.. of all of us here she is probably the sweetest, and most caring. She is the one who would defend you to the death... if she thought you were sincere. (I don't know what she really thinks - just sayin', that's her nature)

Rant over... okay, well then, welcome, you say you are here to ask questions... fair enough, we always like to answer honest questions. Shoot.

• Like 2

But don't vilify Margee.. of all of us here she is probably the sweetest, and most caring. She is the one who would defend you to the death... if she thought you were sincere. (I don't know what she really thinks - just sayin', that's her nature)

Ravenstar honey...I ran out of being able to give any more points today. I'll be back tomorrow to give you your point hon. Thank you so much for what you said!!

The rest of your post is magnificent!! I love reading your stuff!!

• Like 2

I treat interacting on a forum as if I was in a real pub. I act as if we are standing face to face and we have had a few beers. Bullshit me and I will call you out. I bullshit you and I expect you to do the same to me. 

See if this works for you. 

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm reading through some of the threads and I'm thinking ...am I going to be needing to wear a bullet proof vest before I start to post? :huh:

Obviously there is a lot of anger, bitterness and definitely hatred towards Christians and Christianity here. 

Are there many threads that don't include some kind of bashing? Whether thats belittling Christians, being rude or outright hateful.... 

Do you have any kind of respect for Christians that post on here? Or are they considered different from the ones that you rant about?

So why are you here?

I want to know, too: If you're not a troll, what are you doing here? I don't mean to be disrespectful, it's just that there are a bazillion books, articles, videos, podcasts and web sites you can read, watch or listen to if you're just curious.

Hi there!  Where do you think the problem lies?  Is it with God's people?  Those poor, fallen, struggling-to-be-faithful sinners?  How is Christianity working for you?  Tell us something amazing!

I really don't like it if members refer to a visiting christian as a "nobody". I realize that "nobody" is part of a name that the christian used on the post, but it was not self-deprecating. Nobody is a nobody. We don't have any real knowledge that the post was hypocritical. While it may be so, we ought to give her/him the benefit of the doubt. My concern is that this kind of welcome will foster just the kind of prejudice that too many christians have concerning atheists. Margee, you know that I have respected your posts since I joined this site. I still do. But I have to say that your response in this post is out of character for you,

nobodyyouknow: Speaking for myself only, I do not hate, despise or even dislike christians. I think the vast majority are sincere in their beliefs, though misguided, and mean well. But they have been indoctrinated, usually from birth. They never got a chance  to decide on a religion as adults. It's not their fault that they were indoctrinated. Also, there are christians for whom I have no use whatsoever because they are manipulating millions for personal profit. I have no respect for other chriistians, who may or may not be sincere, but who try to convert people with intellectual dishonesty. They condescendingly try to convince others to "trust Jesus" and give all the reasons they should do so, but refuse to honestly listen to and rationally evaluate the reasons to reject christianity" when presented convincing reasons. The whole time that the "heathen" is explaining his/her reasons. the christians are deciding how to respond. If just refuses to  understand. "If this heathen will just listen to me and know that I am speaking for Christ I can keep him from going to hell." That is presumptuous and  arrogant. 99 times out of 100 this christian does not know anything about christian history and knows less about the Bible than the "heathen" does. The christian accepted christianity through her/his emotions, not through reason. These christians almost always have been told that reason is not the gateway to christianty or to heaven, but rather it is comes through the heart in the form of belief. Yet the Bible itself says: "The heart is deceptive above all things." So if you really want to find out what atheism and agnosticism are all about and why, keep visiting and you will find out. If you really want to.

Guest nobodyyouknow

Nobodyyouknow.... I want to ask you a sincere question. Do you believe in the literal account  that took place in the first 3 chapters of Genesis, with all your heart and soul?

Yes

Hello, nobodyyou know........

I read your OP shortly after you had posted it, before you had received any responses.  As a newbie to this site myself, I thought it more prudent of me to see how the regulars handled it.  

I live on the other side of the world to most of the people here, and so it was Saturday night then for me.

I woke  up this morning, (Sunday here, but I'm sure you have worked that out, a smart girl like yourolleyes.gif )

As I read the response,  and  your ensuing replies, I began to envisage a scenario which may take place at  your church the next time you attend.  Will that be your tomorrow morning, I wonder?

I feel I should tell you that when I was a xtian, I learnt from my church leaders that I had the gift of 'prophecy' with a touch of discernment.  Truly blessed I was.

Okay, here goes.

Nobodyyouknow can't wait to get to church and tell her friends about the horrible experience she had on the internet.

She gathers them around, and in a distressed and horrified voice she exclaims....

"Last night I stumbled across for EX!! Christians.   Oh, all these people who have allowed themselves to lose the faith, they are so bitter.   They mock christianity, and and any chrsitians who post are abused and ridiculed.   They have really lost the holy spirit and allowed t satan to take control of their lives.

I decided to join up, and ask them, nicely, why they are so bitter.     Oh, lord, the responses I got, you wouldn't believe!!!!  One godless person even had the arrogance to rewrite my post, telling me that it would have been more appropriate to do it her way.   The nerve of her!!!!

They didn't want to hear my point of view at all!!!

It just goes to show how important it is to keep cheeses in your life.  Praise the lawd!!! Without the holy spit we too might become like them.

You know, there was even one old lady who reckoned she was a prophet that said I would be telling you all this.  She's probably possessed, poor dear...Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Let us prey for these lost souls that they will see the light again and return to cheesus"

Of course, it probably won't go down exactly like that, and you may choose not to mention your experience here to anyone, but somewhere, in a gathereing of trooo xtians, there will be the 'faithful' bemoaning the fact that the fallen are hopeless and bitter people,

Have a pleasant Sunday morning.........................closedeyes.gif 

• Like 2

I'll try responding to each of your questions/statements.

Ok, so I'm reading through some of the threads and I'm thinking ...am I going to be needing to wear a bullet proof vest before I start to post? huh.png

You begin by appearing already to have made a judgment against the members here and, by having said you have read through some of the threads, many of us would assume that you know what "type" of Christians who posts here need "to wear a bullet proof vest."  It is those Christians, of whom many come here from time to time, who think that our having left the religion was a rebellion against god and to enable ourselves to live a sinful life.  Some Christians think that if we only heard the truth, which they have and are only too willing to share with our poor ignorant souls, then we will fall on our knees and beg the almighty to forgive our lack of faith and accept us back into the fold.  These Christians fail even to consider that most of us made an extensive study of the Bible, asked numerous questions of pastors and other church leaders, apologists, etc. and then came to a rational and well thought out conclusion that the religion is simply false and so chose freedom rather than slavery to a lie of huge and important proportions.

If you are not one of those Christians, then no bullet proof vest is needed.

Obviously there is a lot of anger, bitterness and definitely hatred towards Christians and Christianity here. 

There is a lot of anger and bitterness towards the religion, most especially from the newly deconverted, but also from some who have been deconverted for some time.  You should try and understand that we feel we were lied to, many of us since our childhoods, by church leaders and, perhaps most importantly, by the authors of the Bible who appear to have written what they wrote as if it were the truth when we learned that it is not the truth.  But it is not just the lies.  It is far more than that.  Many here were treated brutally once they came to their very difficult decision to leave the religion.  There have been parents who have disowned their children, Christian spouses who have left their deconverted spouses all because of their decision to leave the lie of the Christian religion, lifetime Christian friends who ridicule the deconverted and exclude them from all social interaction, and a society which is saturated with the religion who push such things as having the ten commandments posted in public facilities and declare those of us who have learned the truth that the religion is false to be children of Satan (or other such derogatory terms).

There is some hatred towards Christians expressed here, to be sure.  However, that is less than towards the religion in general.  Remember, ExC is a sanctuary of sorts for the deconverted.  Many people have felt betrayed by Christians and here is the one and only place where they can express the anger and bitterness they feel.  Personally, I don't hate Christians in general and many on here share my feelings, though some of the Christians I described above can be quite a challenge to deal with in terms other than contempt.

Are there many threads that don't include some kind of bashing? Whether thats belittling Christians, being rude or outright hateful.... 

There have been some such threads when the Christian who posts does not come across as judgmental and treat the members here as dregs.

Do you have any kind of respect for Christians that post on here? Or are they considered different from the ones that you rant about?

Like anywhere in life, respect is not automatic.  It must be earned.

• Like 3