Goodbye Jesus

Email From My Former Pastor

HymenaeusAlexander

I'm trying to understand why you are here, exactly. If not to convert(the place for that is the lion's den) then what is it you want us to get from what you say. Please do not assume that I am affiliated in any way with a church or became disenchanted with any particular faith.

I have a PhD in comparative religion and doing the work and research to obtain that made me realize just how much Christianity has borrowed from older faiths, like Hinduism, etc and from similar myths to the Jesus myth (ie: Attis, etc).  As far as my Former affiliation with the Episcopal Church, I thought they were and are a progressive denomination that cares about social justice and I still think they do good work. Of course they are not fundamentalist or evangelical.

But I did not lose enchantment with my church. I did realize that Christianity is simply mythology.

TBM

I have explained my purpose in a couple of my posts.  Someday, Christ will come to you personally and remove all your doubts about Him.  He has promised that He will come to all mankind in "due time".  He has this age plus two more before His work will be finished.

Joe

Please explain what you mean by this age plus two more and from where in the bibole did you derive that. thanks in advance! TBM

• Super Moderator

Joe - you are welcome to take your opinions to this thread:  http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/55146-joe-in-ar/

For now, do not continue to hijack this thread and use it as a pulpit.

This is your only warning, as Christians who have the one and only TRUE UNDERSTANDING are a dime a dozen around here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

- florduh the mod

. . . harlot . . . harlot . . .  harlot . . .  harlot . . . harlot . . . harlot . . . over and over again . . . 

Wow, JoeinArk has quite an obsession.  It's a good thing people asked him to not use that word.  Imagine how many times he would have used it if he were not holding back.

If I was a drug addict, lets say crack (because that seems to be the funniest one, when it comes to jokes) and my drug dealer for many years came by to sell some to me.

Lets say I told him, I wasn't going to buy from him that I was done - he wouldn't handle that well. He would handle it even worse if I was helping him sell his horrible life ruining product.

Only that would be more simple, I'd get a threat, or maybe even get a gun pointed at me, straight and to the point.

However your pastor is making desperate attempt; how do I say this nicely? I know? He's trying to have mental intercourse with you. One last attempt to warp your mind, to keep his delusion in tact and healthy.

That's pretty much how I see what happened to you, with the church.

Very impressed you and your wife got out; in my experience not many do.

You are comments are correct about the harlot church system.  One will never find the true Christ in them. 

Joe

I will be honest Joe, I was expecting a idiotic rant.

What you are saying to me here, makes rational sense. I will admit to being surprised.

If the Lord leads me to comment further on this forum, I will try to do so in the Lion's den

Well I got a revelation from this same imaginary lord. He told me you are totally off your rocker.....

• Like 1

Joe; You said,

"I have explained my purpose in a couple of my posts.  Someday, Christ will come to you personally and remove all your doubts about Him.  He has promised that He will come to all mankind in "due time".  He has this age plus two more before His work will be finished.Joe"

Joe, why does he wait then? If he is so smart, and he knows us and loves us, and he knows that suffering corrupts more people than it gives character to, then why in hell is he so furtive? 

Good god, if I had the power to help suffering souls before they got all weirded out and morally damaged by their suffering, uh, I would do it. 

God needs a lesson on ethics and morals. Maybe his hell will be occupied by only one.....him. 

Rachel... talking to Joe is basically

swinepearls.jpg

• Like 2

Joe in Arkansas you do know that this is a forum for people who used to be xtians don't you? Your cultist raving to all and sundry here sound like you have yet to grasp this concept. You sound like a street preacher I used to be who would not have a bar of what anyone said to him even when they said that they were xtians. I would not believe that a xtian could be one if he was not in the cult church that I was in. Boy you sound like I used to be.

So you can stop preaching at us like we are simple heathen. I am now a simple pagan. Most if not all of us he are fully versed in the bible. Some of us have had bible college education. Some of us have been preachers or lay preachers. Missionaries or lay missionaries. So you are preaching to the converted who then de converted when they saw the utter lie that is xtianity.

So unless you are here because you have doubts about what you believe and are going through the process of de converting I suggest you take that arrogant cultist ego of yours off to some xtian forum where so poor unsuspecting soul there would be willing to sallow your deluded ravings.

Bye bye now.

{edited as typing on an iPad at 5:30 in the morning is not good.}