Goodbye Jesus

Hello - I'm Somebodyyouknow.......

Margee

I think I’m somebody you know?? silverpenny013Hmmm.gif  I don’t even know who I am anymore at times.

I’m not quite sure if I like the new Margee. The old Margee was soft and kind. She didn’t curse. She was a peacemaker. Always tried to act like a proper lady. Deconversion has changed her. In many ways for the better - in some ways....not so good. There is a hatred and anger towards life that lives just the below the surface for me. Scratch it lately and I could tear someone to sheds. I am not looking for points or popularity today. I am searching my heart to find out who the hell I really am.

I came on this site to help me deconvert. I was thrilled to meet people who doubted the christian god like I did. I never came here to debate anything except to learn about the myth of christianity, although I love to throw in a few sarcastic comments sometimes, depending on my silly moods. I love to have fun.  Most of the time, I rarley attack people. And I have wanted to many times. It’s just that I am so tired of fighting with people over the course of my life, I don’t have the energy to get into all the debates.

I have a very good fundamentalist christian friend who I spend a fair amount of time with. She knows who I am and she knows that I am a non-believer. She believes in 'all-inclusive' salvation. She tells me jesus loves the atheist. She never preaches at me. Never. We discuss things in a light-hearted way and I always tell her to keep praying for me and we laugh. How do we know for sure that 'nobodyknowsme' is not like this? Ok...so maybe her opening post wasn’t the best way to introduce herself, but she said she was sorry for that several times. She even admitted to me in a personal message that her presentation wasn’t the very best.

I wrote this letter to her last night because I was so upset with myself for attacking her with my  'assumed accusations'  on her personality the way I did. I said some pretty strong things to her. Galien (I hope you don’t mind me saying this Galien) states things sometimes in a very strong manner because of the hurt she has gone through, but I agree with her on many, many points. I am like her in a lot of ways. I think the world fights too much against each other. I’m a not a fighter and I admit this. Maybe, I’m just a wuss. I’ll probably always be a people pleaser and peacemaker. My biggest problem is to remain somewhat a 'pleaser' without being a martyr. I’m not going to be so hard on myself anymore for who I am. Yes...It does get very tiring being a people pleaser, but when I’m not - a part of me ends up feeling bad. I love to be assertive and I have become  more of that .....but aggressive is not part of my real nature.

I wrote this letter to our secret christian friend last night because I was so upset with myself for attacking her the way I did. I hope she does not mind if I share it with the board. This was my apology to her. I want to make it public for her sake. I may be attacked for this today...... be gentle with me because I am a sensitive personality.........it’s just who I am. Lol

........................................................................................

Hi Vanessa. I am thinking back over the past few days. I have been on Ex-c now for 2 years straight. I went there and joined because I had lost my faith in god and wanted to share with people that the same thing happened to. I have made close to 4,000 posts and the majority of those have been kind and gentle. When a christian comes on the site, I normally do not even try to debate them because I don't really like debating people at all. My biggest problem in life is that I am a people pleaser. For 40 years, I have worked with woman, doing their hair. I have a lot of compassion and understanding for woman of any color, shape, size and religious beliefs. I normally do not care what people believe. I know that there are benefits to having faith. But I lost mine Vanessa and it's been hard. There is no going back for me. I have studied the history of religion and how the universe got started.

As long as I have been on EX-c....I have never attacked a christian before except for the odd sarcastic comment. I may have thrown in a few mild arguments, but I have never hurt anyone before purposly. I hurt you the other day and I am ashamed of myself. I am going to make a whole post of it on Ex-c that I NEVER want to do that again to a human being.

I am, and have been going through a lot of stress in my life right now and my nerves are almost shot. When I saw your first post...I took all my anger out on you and that was not fair. When one of the members replied to us (on the board) and said, ''Margee, I have never seen you do this''...it was true. I am generally not a hurting type of person. I think humans have got it hard enough without people hurting them more.

I am being truthful to you. You don't have to be a member to read all the posts on the site. Go back and look at all my posts and you will see that I am mostly known for gentleness. This is no excuse for my behavior and the terrible things I said to you. I am very stressed right now. We woman have it hard Vanessa!! Christians and non-christians. We take care of everbody and then we are left 'burnt-out'.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I am sorry from the bottom of my heart. You, yourself... check Ex-c and I will dedicate a post about this.

I hope you find a wonderful christian site where you can meet many friends who share the same faith as you. You seem like a fun person. I hope you will accept my apology. I am truly upset with myself over this. I worked with thousands of woman over the years and I did everything in my power to not hurt any of them.

I hope some of this makes sense to you.
I hope you are doing well tonight.

I don't have a lot of time to write because of my life. I don't type good. It took me an hour to do this letter!!!!

I publicly make this apology to you today on Ex-c.

Sincerely, Margee

• Like 9

That's nice of you, Margee. If you say she's apologized....OK, but it's tough not to judge people by their first posts. Well, we'll try to be accepting. :)

• Like 2

Guest MadameX

Margee you are awesome. My opinion of you has gotten even better.

Thank you for all your heartfelt contributions to this site.

• Like 2

I don't care if you weren't looking for rep points, Margee, I'm giving you one anyway. You are one of the best people I know. I mean that. And this post is a perfect example of why I believe that.

• Like 2

Margee you are a good person.  Even when you have a bad day you are a good person.

• Like 2

I am serious guys..thank you. i am sitting here bawling my head off right now. If we don't think that cutting internet words (or kind words) or posts or threads can't get to you...this is very untrue. You guys have made me cry a thousand fucking times  for being kind to me and ruined my beautiful make-up!!!!!! Again this morning I have to go and fix the Tammy Faye Baker mascara!!!woohoo.gif

I love you guys........

• Like 1

Margee that was great. You are one fine person.

I am serious guys..thank you. i am sitting here bawling my head off right now. If we don't think that cutting internet words (or kind words) or posts or threads can't get to you...this is very untrue. You guys have made me cry a thousand fucking times and ruined my beautiful

make-up!!!!!! Again this morning I have to go and fix the Tammy Faye Baker mascara!!!woohoo.gif

I love you guys........

Margee, make-up isn't beautiful.  The person underneath is beautiful.  Make-up is just stuff.  It's doesn't do anything and can't do anything by itself.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I hope her apology to you was sincere and not like those backhanded apologies she made on her threads.   Time will tell.   As for who you are Margee -- You ARE a kind, good, gentle person.  Nothing can change that.   NYK (or anyone else!) better not mess with you!

There is a hatred and anger towards life that lives just the below the surface for me. Scratch it lately and I could tear someone to sheds.

I've felt like ^ a lot lately too.  I think I'm tired of the footprints on my back from being walked on all over for too many years -- the result of my own niceness and people-pleasing.  Right now, this is how I feel toward anybody -- xtian or not -- who tries to control me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqk_q4NLLI

and to relax, I go here and watch some kittehs:   cloud9_99.gif

http://new.livestream.com/FosterKittenCam/RipleysKittens

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As an aside, when I see someone posting in the Rants section, I expect it to be an ex-c'er ranting  --  not a Xtian* ranting about us on our own website  -- the only place in the world some of us can go to escape xtianshit.  How rude!   So her post kinda caught me off guard.  I expect xtianshit in the Lion's Den and only go there when I have had a chance to brace myself for it!   GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif   

*I know xtians are allowed there.....  just my two cents.... Not a big deal.     That Is All.   

• Like 2

I didn’t get involved in the original threads because I didn’t see any point or purpose in engaging nobodyyouknow. Since this topic has been brought up I’ll going to add something I probably shouldn’t. I understand the anger and resentment towards believers but probably more so towards their faith and traditions. A lot of people have been deeply wounded by religion and horribly mistreated, but that is really not an excuse to issue a blanket condemnation towards all people of faith.There are a lot of really good, kind, generous, and loving people of faith. In my 40+ year experience as a Christian I witnessed enormous acts of kindness, generosity, and compassion. Christian ideals tend to shine the brightest during the darkest hours of a tragedy or disaster.

Sure, there are bad apples but there are bad apples in every group including those of us that are no longer believers in an all powerful deity. I noted there is a huge ongoing thread that asked the question, “Why are you still a Christian.” I get the impression few really want to know they just want to out believers so they can jump all over them. That’s deceitful and frankly it shows no class. I honestly don’t know why the question was even asked. I can’t image anyone who is active here not knowing why someone is a believer. We all know why, we just don’t agree with the reasons anymore. We’ve been educated, but apparently many of us haven’t moved on, but I have. I’m not angry or resentful, but I did go through that stage. Thankfully, it didn’t last long, but I do understand those who are experiencing it now. I can only hope that you will find a way to let it go and move on with your life.

My daughter-in-law is battling her second occurrence of breast cancer. This time it’s in her bones and she has been diagnosed as terminal. She is 44. She became mildly religious, along with my son, several years ago long before she was first diagnosed with cancer. I say mildly religious because they are members of a very liberal Christian group. As would be expected she and my son have become decidedly more serious about their faith after her last diagnoses.

I pray with them and for her and yes I pray to Jesus for her. I sure as hell ain’t gonna tell her Jesus was a myth. Jesus offers her a glimmer of hope and she needs all the hope and assurance she can get right now. We have a friend who was given absolutely no hope at all of surviving his cancer. He was told by a couple of doctors to “put things in order”. That was 7 years ago and he is still alive and has no sign of cancer. Do miracles happen? You would never convince him they don’t.

I confess I pray to whatever…the unknown…the unknowable, and ask for my daughter in laws healing.  Am I praying for a miracle?……yes I am. That is why I’m agnostic. Stuff happens and I’ve witnessed some of it in my life and some of that stuff sure seems like a miracle because there was no logical or scientific reason for it to happen at least none that I’m aware of. No, I don’t believe in the God of the bible, but, and I’ve said this many times in my post, we don’t know what we don’t know and it is highly likely that there is a hell of a lot of stuff out there that we don’t know about yet.

I am not a Christian and I have no intention of returning to the Christian faith because the evidence, as far as I’m concerned, conclusively proves that Christianity is a man made religion and Jesus and his gang were mythical historical figures. That said, if multiple universes and dimensions exist then maybe something we humans would call God does to. As an agnostic I’m simply leaving my options open. And since I can’t say for certain the god, or something we humans would call god, doesn’t exist I am unwilling to condemn and denounce those that profess some form of faith. I can say for certain there is no valid evidence that god, or anything we might call god, exist but that assumes we have all the evidence there is and that is pretty arrogant considering all the relatively recent scientific discoveries mankind has made that are absolutely mind blowing and never even contemplated as possible a few centuries ago.

Theology is theology, reality is reality, and the unknown is just that…..unknown. I won’t live long enough to see multiple universes and dimensions proven as fact, but when that happens, and it will, and there is no evidence that god resides there you can posthumously change my designation from agnostic to atheists and add an “I told you so” too.smile.png

• Like 2

Geezer I hope your daughter-in-law goes into remission.

• Like 1

I get the impression few really want to know they just want to out believers so they can jump all over them. That’s deceitful and frankly it shows no class.

The purpose of this site is to support "Ex-Christians."  Not everyone is the same, but many come here after having to eat their opinions in real life and being able to let loose and speak their mind here is therapeutic.  This website often works because it allows us to dispense with the necessary niceties of real life and really just say what it is we really think. 

It is utterly dire IMO to not lose this part of our culture even if it makes some uncomfortable.  The Rodney King approach can be good in real life, but it's damaging to the soul to simply be forced by society to put on a nice face in every aspect of our lives and jam our true opinions inside for the sake of other's sensibilities. 

Sorry about your daughter in law.  I wish you and your family the best. 

• Like 3

Geezer: I also hope your daughter-in-law goes into remission. I would not want to argue or try to deconvert anyone with a strong religious faith.  Most especially I would never do it under the circumstances you describe.

I may actually face this one day, since I have elderly parents who are fundamentalist Christians. If or when something happens to them, I would probably even be willing to fake being "saved" for their sake.  Normally people should be honest with each other, but in that situation love trumps honesty as far as I am concerned. To be dying and thinking their family member going to hell is unnecessary mental anguish.

As a person here who has a spiritual life I can't condone wholesale condemnation of religious people without giving them a chance to explain themselves before jumping all over them.  However, this is a place of refuge for people who are in the process of deconverting  and we are at different stages. I can assure you that things were much rougher here five years ago. My approach has often  been less than welcoming and I have questioned myself about this since I believe some things that are probably almost as unbelievable as some of the Christian dogma..

Having said that, this is a place for EX-Christians and I do believe that some questioning of the motives of Christians IS in order. This is really not a general purpose place for everyone to come chat, it has a specific focus and purpose. 

I think I have mellowed a bit, and just choose mostly not to interact with Christians in any way who come on here. I might jab at Thumbelina every now and then.

• Super Moderator

but apparently many of us haven’t moved on, but I have. I’m not angry or resentful, but I did go through that stage. Thankfully, it didn’t last long, but I do understand those who are experiencing it now. I can only hope that you will find a way to let it go and move on with your life.

This website was created for that very purpose -- as an instrument to be used to help "get over" the harm christianity caused -- not as a place for Xtians to whine and complain about us even more.

I hope your daughter-in- law goes into remission and gets healthy again.  

• Like 2

Geezer: I also hope your daughter-in-law goes into remission. I would not want to argue or try to deconvert anyone with a strong religious faith.  Most especially I would never do it under the circumstances you describe.

I may actually face this one day, since I have elderly parents who are fundamentalist Christians. If or when something happens to them, I would probably even be willing to fake being "saved" for their sake.  Normally people should be honest with each other, but in that situation love trumps honesty as far as I am concerned. To be dying and thinking their family member going to hell is unnecessary mental anguish.

As a person here who has a spiritual life I can't condone wholesale condemnation of religious people without giving them a chance to explain themselves before jumping all over them.  However, this is a place of refuge for people who are in the process of deconverting  and we are at different stages. I can assure you that things were much rougher here five years ago. My approach has often  been less than welcoming and I have questioned myself about this since I believe some things that are probably almost as unbelievable as some of the Christian dogma..

Having said that, this is a place for EX-Christians and I do believe that some questioning of the motives of Christians IS in order. This is really not a general purpose place for everyone to come chat, it has a specific focus and purpose. 

I think I have mellowed a bit, and just choose mostly not to interact with Christians in any way who come on here. I might jab at Thumbelina every now and then.

First, thanks to everyone for your kind words.

And I get it. I really do. I was hurt too. All of my former friends are gone now. When I left the Church of Christ they left me. I guess maybe I'm at the age now that returning hate for hate makes no sense because I realize it accomplishes nothing. I know, easy to say and difficult to do. I'm not preaching to anybody, I promise I'm not...at least that is not my intention. I'm certainly not judging anyone either. I have no right I have too much guilt of my own to deal with.

Nobodyyouknow clearly had an agenda. She sure wasn't her just to chat. Maybe I'm just feeling a little  melancholy today. The insurance company has refused to continue to pay for a drug my daughter in law has been taking that seems to be helping, because the FDA has supposedly reclassified it as experimental. The cynic in us believes it has more to do with the fact each treatment cost the insurance company $25,000 and she has to have a treatment every three weeks.

Anyway, sorry for blubbering all over the place. Carry on and ignore me I’m in a dark place today...but I'll get over it.

• Like 1

Margee! You are the best. Seriously. I think all of us agree that you are one of the best people we know (I even said that in a message I wrote to NYK). You are so incredibly warm, loving, and kind. If you see someone is hurting, you will write a 10 paragraph response, just to give them hope and let them know that you care, even if you dont really know them! I see it happen often. I dont know many people who love and care like you do. It is a beautiful thing.

So, you had a bad day. Im sure thats the only time I have ever seen you respond like that. But even then, you care and you apologized. You are so thoughtful and kind. You even dont want to hurt someone that you dont know who initially rubbed you the wrong way.

As a fellow people pleaser, I think I can also relate. Sometimes it is difficult to know when to stand up and say something, when to stay quiet, or when to just be kind. Most of the time I just stay quiet because I dislike drama and confrontation. But when you have been trampled on again and again, you start to feel the need to stand up for yourself and that is good! It is important to be strong and stand up for yourself and others, it is just often difficult to know when it is the right time to do so. And sometimes you just snap thinking "Im not taking anymore of this!" and you finally say something. Maybe it was good, maybe not.

But no matter what, deep down you are always the sweet, loving, kind, fun Margee we see here all the time. I dont think anything could ever change my opinion of you. 

You are a wonderful woman.

• Like 2

Margee, you are fabulous. You are always kind. Even when you think you're being mean, you are still fair and kind.

I too struggle with being way too nice (IRL....lol). The other day, I had a misunderstanding with someone (well, I actually think she overstepped her pay grade and role description at my expense). I stood my ground instead of groveling. It was so hard! Usually I capitulate and make nicey-nice. This time, even though my legs had turned to wet noodles, I stood my ground and said what I thought. This person was so pissed off she even called me mean! (OMG! The doormat is mean?!) I moved our conversation forward and to assertive resolution. I'm sure she doesn't like me (which is painful for me, the people-pleaser) but I am counting it as "you can't win them all" and moving on.

Margee, you are older and wiser than I. One thing I am learning is that it's OK if we make mistakes and occasionally hurt people. This doesn't make us bad people; it just makes us human. Are we nice and decent most of the time? Yes. Then that's good enough.

Be at peace, dear Margee. We are doing our best, and that's what counts.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

Maybe I'm just feeling a little  melancholy today. The insurance company has refused to continue to pay for a drug my daughter in law has been taking that seems to be helping, because the FDA has supposedly reclassified it as experimental. The cynic in us believes it has more to do with the fact each treatment cost the insurance company $25,000 and she has to have a treatment every three weeks.

Anyway, sorry for blubbering all over the place. Carry on and ignore me I’m in a dark place today...but I'll get over it.

Damn insurance companies.  I hate them!  They obviously don't care about anything but $$$$$$!   I wonder, can the insurance company's decision be appealed?

Geezer, please don't apologize!  We all need someplace to unload and maybe get a little comfort.  So, no, we are not going to ignore you!     Okay!?!  Got it!   Good!   tongue.png

(((Big Hugs To You And Your Family)))

• Like 1

Good wishes to your daughter-in-law, Geezer. She's very lucky to have such a wonderful and goodhearted FIL.

I kind of go the other direction as the people-pleasers; I can be really sharp online and have to watch my tongue when I get annoyed. My internet-upbringing was on some fairly combative, antagonistic sites, and adding to that my propensity to get all "writer" at someone instead of engaging on a more personal level, I can come off as harsh. If you see a long post out of me, chances are really good that it's been rewritten from a much more strongly-worded original, and if I vanish for a few days, it's generally when I realize I'm not in a good headspace to mingle with good right-thinking people. But there's room for all of us in this big wonderful world, and when I see something like Margee's post here, it reminds me of human goodness and the power of forgiveness.

All that said, I really don't like NYK and think that the danger in being over-generous to thoughtless, inconsiderate people like her is that it just gives them free rein to run roughshod over us in the end. We can find a middle ground.

• Like 1

Hey Margie

I have read many of your posts and most of nobody's threads. You didn't attack her or call her names. She knew what she was doing when she came here. I'm sure she expected it, and she provoked it. Did she really think she could come in here and be a shining example of christianity and we would all fall to our knees? First off, she came in here sort of calling us names and assuming she would be attacked. I have felt some guilt over this too. I still have christian friends and I don't lash out at them. The big difference between my friends and nobody, is my friends except my lack of belief and respect my choice by not attempting to woo woo me back to insanity.

For so many years, I have bit my tongue and kept silent when I wanted to scream. It's been bottled up so long. When I drop kicked the burden of god to the curb, I found my voice again and now I let it just spew forth sometimes. Sort of like verbal diarrhea. But oh it feels so good to not keep it bottled up.

In my life, I have experienced xtians unfairly attacking me while other christians stood by silently. Here's an example. My husband comes from a very devout family. I don't know their brand of religion. He grew up in the first covenent church and his family later left that to join a non-denominational mega church. They are so wrapped up in judgement that out of 6 kids, only 1 has married. They have not had normal dating experiences, or developed any friendships outside of the cult. My husband has always been considered the black sheep as he moved away from home early, didn't follow them to the new church, took up smoking and went to bars. Then he met and married me, a divorced woman with 2 kids. My mother in law told me that my husband and I were going to hell and it was all my fault. She feels he used terrible lack of judgement getting involved with me and literally said I was dragging him to hell. I tried to reason with her, but she is firm in her belief that divorce is a path to hell. I asked her how she knew that god had not forgiven me for my divorce and she replied that as long as I remain with her son, we are going to hell because as well as asking for forgiveness we must stop the sinning. We had been married over 10 years by that time and had a child together and she was somehow suggesting that we seperate? She said this to me at a very large family gathering, with aunts, uncles and cousins also in attendance. None of them said a word against her attack against me. When my dad died, we had a masonic funeral. She showed up at the funeral home and saw the apron he was wearing and proceeded to tell me that he was going to hell due to his involvement in the masons. Again the things she said were in front of other christians, all brands of xtian, and no one told the bitch to stfu. My whole life I had been looking for god and trying to keep the faith that it was real. I always had nagging doubts and felt conflicted. She felt my familiy's religious affilations were also of the wrong kind, they were pentecostal. She told my daughter from my previous marriage that I was going to hell and how she wished my husband would have married a nice swedish girl (they are full blooded) and my daughter was 6 years old. My husbands family and their open, vile brand of nastiness played a large part of my saying fuck it. If there is a heaven, it would be hell to spend eternity with her. My whole family apparently will be in hell so I might as well join them.

For a long time I avoided my husbands family and we began our own holdiay traditions to avoid her craptacular celebrations of the holidays. Then my husbands father became ill and for a year had frequent contact. Although he never spoke up in my defense, he never said an unkind word to me and acted like he genuinely loved me. He was a very disabled ww2 vet and my mother in law is a very strong woman who ruled the roost. He was passive and I always felt he didn't have it in him to stir the pot at home. My mother in law was mean to him during his illness. He called us once, crying about something she had said to him. He died and no one in the family expected it except for me and my husband. Because of illness and death, we were now in full contact with these poisonous people. It didn't last long and we cut off most contact. We used to hear from some of his family on occasion, birthdays, mothers day etc. I had deconverted and my husband had emerged from the closet with his own long held belief that xtianity was a hoax. I came out to a couple of his siblings and now we are totally out of the loop. There is no communication, except for the occasional call from his mother, that always ends the same way...gossiping about someone who isn't living their life the way she thinks it should. They have even abandoned the child we have together, her only grandchild and their niece. ...And she is such a good kid.

So we are pretty much completely cut off and happier for it. It's so painful for my husband, he can't even talk about it and when he does hear from them it causes him several days of anger and sadness. We heard a local news story about my husbands cousin from his mother's side of the family who also are very involved in church. I can't paste the link to the story since It's a cached version, So I apologize in advance for copying the story and pasting it at the end. It is worth the read and sums it up better than I could. When this event happened, my husbands family supported the perp and not the victim. My husbands bro goes to prison frequently to give the perp spiritual guidance. The perp was bailed out of jail by my husbands family and has no contact with his cousins wife or children. My mom in law paid the cousin to do odd jobs and bought him clothes to wear. The cousins mother let him stay at her house, which meant none of her grandchildren could visit the home...even for thanksgiving and xmas. They support financially and spiritually, a man who has committed the worst crime in humanity, yet my family is doomed to their hell.

Nobody may think she knows the way, but she is a fool. god loves her but I think she's an asshole.

postheadericon.pngOmaha man charged with incest in Pottawattamie County

postdateicon.pngPublished February 22, 2011

By Mike Brownlee, Staff Writer, mike.brownlee@nonpareilonline.com

An Omaha man faces charges in Pottawattamie County in connection with a series of sexual assaults at Wilson Island near Missouri Valley.

Stewart O. Newman, 38, is accused of sexually assaulting his daughter while on an annual Boy Scouts retreat at the state park in 2007, 2008 and 2009, according to Pottawattamie County Sheriff Jeff Danker.

“Three years in a row up there,” Danker said.

The girl was 7, 8 and 9-years-old during the time in question and is now almost 11.

Warrants have been issued for Newman on suspicion of three counts of second-degree sex abuse, three counts of incest, three counts of lascivious acts with a child and three counts of indecent conduct with a child.

Newman is married, with four children: a daughter and three sons, according to Danker. Newman took two of his sons and his daughter on the annual Boy Scouts event at Wilson Island, which occurred each year shortly before Thanksgiving.

Newman currently sits in Douglas County, Neb., jail on separate sexual assault charges and charges of possessing child pornography.

Danker said a warrant has been issued for Newman’s arrest, though he was unsure when it would be served, as the two counties work together on the case.

“He’ll face charges over there and when those are completed we’ll get him over here and go through the court system here for our charges,” Danker said.

Messages left with the Pottawattamie and Douglas county attorney offices were not immediately returned.

Danker said his office was notified of the girl’s accusations by the Omaha Police Department last August and put a case together from there.

Newman and his wife, xxxxx, operated a Christian youth ministry performing arts center in Omaha called Presenting Arts Through Him (PATH).

edited to remove the wifes name to protect the child's identity

• Like 3

I am so sad for you Geezer. This is a terrible health dilemma you are facing. Stay strong  and brave if you can. My wishes for you would be to experience that miracle you are wanting. These are all the things I questioned in the past about the loving, kind God we are supposed to protected by. We are not supposed to worry about the lilies in the field, but where does this horrible situation show that God is providing for his people? I pass on feelings of hope for you, that all works out well .

Margee, you are one of my hero's among the countless others here at EXchristian.

Many thanks for helping me in my journey. 

• Like 2

Yoiu guys are friggin' awesome!!

Geezer....I am sooooo sorry that you have to go through this! Oh my gawd, dear friend...hang in there. Let's hope that the best doctors are right there to help her through this. It is disgusting about the health care......just disgusting!! 2013 and this is how it is for sick people!!!!  If I had a lot of money, I'd buy all her drugs for her.

Best wishes, positive thoughts  and a multitude of hugs coming your way. Keep us posted on how it's all going.  

• Like 1

Margee,

We all have bad days!  Your original post to NYK was definitely way out of the norm for you... all of us who know you here know that.  I think the apology you wrote to her was beautiful.  I hope she accepts it, but if she doesn't, that's her burden to bear.

NYK is definitely an enigma.  She never really answered the question regarding why she was here (or what caused her to discover this site), which makes us reasonably suspicious of her motives.

Don't beat yourself up.  I know that I have appreciated the encouragement you have given to me during my time on this site, and I know I am not the only one who feels that way!

• Like 1

I totally accept the apology and have asked Margee in to forgive me for not responding to her in the right way. 

There are regrets on my side as well for my part in everything that happened.

Thank you so much for letting me have another chance to treat you like the way I should have treated you in the first place - with love.

• Like 2

Hugs Margee, you are the heart of this place. Since leaving the flock I have given up people pleasing, and I have never had that put on a happy face thing.

We love you, and we are always here for you. Always.10.gif

• Like 1