Goodbye Jesus

I am a Christian

Ebony_Fox

I'll work on an answer for you this evening. :)

Thanks. At your convenience.

Thanks. At your convenience.

I’ve been thinking about this and I guess this will be my final answer. :)

As a Follower of Christ, my personal opinion is......

The moment one hears the Gospel, and understands it, and then rejects it........... that would be the age of that particular person’s accountability.

Keeping in mind I am giving your an answer from a Christian perspective, I know that you will not agree. I am simply answering the question you asked me.

~Totally at Peace~

As a  Follower of Christ, my personal opinion is......

The moment one hears the Gospel, and understands  it, and then rejects it........... that would be the age of that particular person’s accountability.

Keeping in mind I am giving your an answer from a Christian perspective, I know that you will not agree. I am simply answering the question you asked me.

~Totally at Peace~

It's too bad you put the disclaimer on the end. I oh so much wanted to say something offensive. :Hmm:

*raises his hand*

First Rejected the Gospel at 5. Never looked back.

Merlin

The moment one hears the Gospel, and understands  it, and then rejects it........... that would be the age of that particular person’s accountability.

~Totally at Peace~

Of course this automatically leads into the other question about other cultures. If someone never hears, undersdands, or rejects the gospel, are they not accountable for their life, even if they live to the ripe old age of 100?

In that case it would be better for entire cultures if christians never witnessed at all.

Never mind that all this 'what if' wouldn't be necessary if the bible was actually clear or consistent. Too bad.

Guest Challenger

~Totally at Peace~

TAP,

I appreciate hearing your personal opinion on this subject, and while I don't agree with you, I am glad you are here, and willing to share with us what you believe, in the kind, considerate and charitable manner you've shown constantly through your posts.

Challenger

~Totally at Peace~

That's a given. No worries. Thank you very much for sharing it.

However, you didn't answer the question that I asked. Sometimes I'm not explicit enough, it's a fault of mine. Let me rephrase.

You admit that there is no biblical authority for AoA. There isn't authority for AoA, nor for the age at which the AoA is reached. These are two different topics. You answered the question: "When does AoA begin for any given individual?".

How do you rationalize manufacturing doctrine for which no scriptural authority exists? What makes the existence of AoA (not the age/state at which AoA is reached) ring true for you?

Aha, smallstone......

Sorry about that. It’s a little tough to focus on this while working at the same time.

I believe I understand your question and when I can get to scripture, (at home) I will address this. However, you and I both know where this question will take us and we’ve been down that road many times here.

How does God reveal himself to those who have not heard? And at what age does that occur?

TAP

How does God reveal himself to those who have not heard? And at what age does that occur?

I think the question at hand is still not clear.

To put it as straightforwardly as I can (at the risk of sounding like I'm on the attack, which isn't the case):

You admit that AoA has no scriptural basis, yet you persist in believing that an AoA exists. What is the basis of that belief if it is not scripture?

If you wish to ditch this question for whatever reason, is fine by me. You've been a hell of a sport already. :D

What’s not to be a sport about? I mean, we’re just talking right? It’s not like this is the debate forum or anything... :)

If the Bible does not say there is an age of accountability, then why should we believe there is one? Could it be the term AoA is what is throwing us off?

I told you, (though I can’t look back now and see what I wrote) that there is no specific age, (that I know of) and based on my own personal convictions, I believe that when one has heard the gospel, understands it and then rejects.........well........they’ve rejected.

If Christianity is true then that would be the deciding factor, wouldn’t you say?

And smallstone............ I’m not too stressed. I have nothing to lose in this conversation.

TAP :phew:

Ironically, if he were kind, wise and just, he wouldn't send adults to hell either.

Which is one of the reasons I stopped believing.

When I figured out the gospel(s) talk about Hellfire, and that they all contradict each other, that's when I rejected any possible ties with christiianity--being a somewhat fan of Jesus. Now I know that Jesus is not our friend. Of course, he never existed,,,,but that's another point. I cannot endorse the teachings of Jesus. It's pretty rare that anyone, even atheists, dare to question them. I guess that makes me an anti-christ.

Great to see you here Alleee!

Hope Tremblay stays around as well, every now and again we need heavy-weights. Tell him thanks for dropping by, I should have thought of mentioning this place had strong atheists earlier.

What’s not to be a sport about? I mean, we’re just talking right? It’s not like this is the debate forum or anything... :)

If the Bible does not say there is an age of accountability, then why should we believe there is one? Could it be the term AoA is what is throwing us off?

I told you, (though I can’t look back now and see what I wrote) that there is no specific age, (that I know of) and based on my own personal convictions, I believe that when one has heard the gospel, understands it and then rejects.........well........they’ve rejected.

If Christianity is true then that would be the deciding factor, wouldn’t you say?

And smallstone............ I’m not too stressed. I have nothing to lose in this conversation.

TAP :phew:

If xtianity is true then I'd say yes, your perception of the age (assuming of course that there is any such age at all) is a reasonable one. Whether or not it is a correct one, we can't really know. More important, at least to the question I was asking, is your statement that personal conviction is what leads you to such a stance. Since you think that personal conviction without scriptural basis is an acceptable method to gain knowledge about xtianity, that gives me insight into the particular (quite liberal it seems) brand of xtianity you practice.

Thanks much for sharing your views with me.

Yea, I decided I'll stay. But I don't hold any illusions about the fact that I'll eventually either leave in disgust or get banned. Inductive reasoning on all the other boards I ever went to can't be wrong. ;)

Great to see you here Alleee!

Hope Tremblay stays around as well, every now and again we need heavy-weights. Tell him thanks for dropping by, I should have thought of mentioning this place had strong atheists earlier.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

"Heavy-weights."

Sure, yeah, I'll accept that. If I am or not, it's what I aspire to be. To me, it's honesty.

Oh HEY! I know who you are. I listen to your show.

Your upcoming shows page says that you're going to have Jason Gastrich soon. Any idea when? I can't get enough of that guy. My favorite bumbling apologist.