Goodbye Jesus

I am a Christian

Ebony_Fox

Like I said I grew up in a black churc where just about everything you did got you into trouble. Just turning the T.V. on would get the sunday school teacher yelling,"You BAD Child what are you doing watching that witchcraft..."

I'm not as old as some of you seem to think I am, but I won't tell you my age because you won't take me seriously.

That is one thing about having a new forum, we have to go through all of this again <_< Cant someone just make a template for Christians to read through? The posts are welcome, it is just that 95% of them say the exact same thing.

I'm not as old as some of you seem to think I am, but I won't tell you my age because you won't take me seriously.

You never know unless you try.

We, or at least I, don't really put too much emphasis on age for validity of an argument. I look at the argument, NOT the age.

LOL The sad truth about why I never believed in Santa Clause was because my mother would, at nine 0' clock put down all of the presents under the tree. She would always mumble the say thing every christmas, "No way some fat man in a red suit is gonna get into this house and take all the credit for what I bought!"

And anyway I grew up in a black home witha black mother In the ghetto.

(not to be rasicst or anything though) My mother got mad about us believeing in a white Santa and told us that Black Santa was his evil twin! She said he would come into the house through the window and instead of giving gifts take our gifts.

Easter Bunny...I wasn't raised in a home with the Easter Bunny.

I don't blame you one bit.

Ok I do not want to be mean or anything like that but I believe some whare in that bible it condones putting people to work with out compensation. I bet that will stike a nerve with most people of african descents. As a matter of fact they "the european masters" felt obligated to do this because their relgion encougred them to do so.

Ebony,

Welcome here. I am pleased that you took the time to post here and that you just didn't post some one-time self-righteous tripe and then leave. As for your post- I can't say that I hate any god. I don't believe that there exists any god for the same reason I lack belief that there exists a Santa Claus or leprechauns for that matter. God never did anything to me and I have no more reason to be angry at Yahweh (the biblical god) than I have to be angry at Ahura-Mazda (the Zoroastrian deity) or Allah (the Muslim deity). Being angry at a deity or multiple deities I deem to be quite silly. I believe that Jesus was a mere Jew and never did anything to personally hurt me because I don't believe that he ever was what our modern canonical gospels claim he was.

If I have anything or anyone to be mad at, it is me. I am the one who deluded myself into thinking I was saved, that I was a Christian, and I am the one who spent somewhat of a decade of my life laboring under the false belief that I was a born-again Christian. Some Christians did hurt me but that was never a reason for leaving the Church or renouncing the faith because the action of no single Christian or multiple Christians can ever historically invalidate the gospel claims about Jesus. If my dad was a hypocrite and never practiced what he preached (he's a retired minister)- that could never and would never in itself historically invalidate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Such invalidation would rely on historical evidence and biblical criticism alone.

I don't buy into the gospel claims because I believe that higher biblical criticism has invalidated the gospel claims and has refuted much of the historical truth-claims of the Bible. I am not a Christian because, even if the truth-claims were valid, I find it difficult to believe that I am loved by any higher Being. I am open to the possibility that the historical truth-claims of the Bible are valid but as for the existential truth-claims (God loves you, Jesus died for you, you are secured a eternal salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, you are sanctified by the Holy Spirit) I cannot be convinced of them. I may be open-minded to the historical truth-claims of the Bible but I am "closed-hearted" to the existential truth-claims of the Christian faith.

Matthew

If I told you, you might uderstand why I can't get as much info as you think I can get...but on the other hand You definitly would not take me seriously!

I'm not trying to turn this into some big argument. There are more of you than of me. (Please don't take that the wrong way) I mean there are more poeple who do not believe in God than people who do. And arguing will get us anywhere.

How can any one follow the christian relgion is above me.

Another thing on enterpretations. Religion and gods was developed by primitive ignorant people to help them understand the world around them. They thought that natural events were caused by supernatural beings. They had no understanding of logic and in science. They developed religion to enforce their beliefs in gods. They told a bunch of stories and wrote scriptures to enforce the validity of their particular religion. These stories and scriptures were handed down to one generation to another. When stories are passed down, their meanings changes and degrades into something totally different over time. When stories are passed down, other people develop their own interpretation of what they mean.

Tyrants who rose to power also had their own interpretation of the current religion and twisted and forged it to suit their needs. They exploited it and used it to their advantage.

If I told you, you might uderstand why I can't get as much info as you think I can get...but on the other hand You definitly would not take me seriously!

I'm not trying to turn this into some big argument. There are more of you than of me. (Please don't take that the wrong way) I mean there are more poeple who do not believe in God than people who do. And arguing will get us anywhere.

How old do you think we are?

Guest Anonymous

I don't hate God but I've realized that christianity isn't the answer. Yeah I don't believe that people who don't believe in God/Jesus Christ go to hell. I just can't believe in the concept of hell. Take this example, the holocaust, it was hell, so if a jewish person died but never accepted christ then they might be thrown into hell after all the shit that they went through in the holocaust.

No something's wrong there my friend. Its just wrong. I believe God/Goddess might be good of course and I believe in God/Goddess but honestly do you really think that you know the truth? Everyone claims that their religion is the right one, but no one knows because no one was there. If you want to call us all godless, unloving, and that we're going to hell then you need to examine your beliefs and why you believe those things, and quit being so damn judgmental.

I am a christian and I want to know why you guys turned from God? I mean God is pretty direct about who he is He says he is loving, but reminds us that he is a just God. I will not start a christian YOUR ALL GOING TO HELL thing because that, to me, is kinda stupid. I'm just curious.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I beleive that we have a ages ranging from 13 to 60 plus or minus a couple of years. For this issue, age don't matter here but what you can bring to the table.

I think your in your twenties. but that is only guessing.

Most Blacks know what the negative aspects of the bible. in Black history month all our church does is preach about that kinda stuff. But Jesus didn't just die for the Jew. He died for evryone.

We have plenty of "smart" relgious people that come here.

As far as getting knowledge, There is the library and the internet but don't forget your baloney detection kit or the BS filter.

Well, this I have to say. If you are still in your teens, you write very well for your age. That is a good thing. That means we can take a good hard look at your arguments alone. Nevermind you are a teenager, you bring some material to the table with your honest effort. Maybe you might convince us of some things.

Or, you are past your teenage years. In that case, you are already the same age or even older than many of us here.

There is no need to fear about us knowing your age.

Just barely 23.

Guest Anonymous

where do you get off thinking that more people don't believe in god? Hmm, sounds to me like you're an ignorant christian who think he knows everything when in fact you are just making wrong assumptions.

The Library where I live SUCKS! You can't get anything in there and my interenet has childrens block. I tried to take it off but I don't know the passwords. It's a brand new computer so I don't know how to work around the protection. :( I hate this computer.

The Library where I live SUCKS! You can't get anything in there and my interenet has childrens block. I tried to take it off but I don't know the passwords. It's a brand new computer so I don't know how to work around the protection. :( I hate this computer.

You wouldn't happen to know if the filter is ISP-based or installed on that computer, do you?

where do you get off thinking that more people don't believe in god? Hmm, sounds to me like you're an ignorant christian who think he knows everything when in fact you are just making wrong assumptions.

Alright if your a christian tell me. I guess I am ignorant if some of you are christinan, but most all of you told me you are not.

You wouldn't happen to know if the filter is ISP-based or installed on that computer, do you?

??? ;) What?

I am the wrong person to ask that kind of question. I crashed two of my sceince teachers computers two years ago and he still hasn't gotten over it!

Guest Anonymous
Alright if your a christian tell me. I guess I am ignorant if some of you are christinan, but most all of you told me you are not.

I'm spiritual. I have no religion, I am not a christian, but I do believe in the God/Goddess.

Some people here believe some form of a God exists, just not the Christian version. If you can access Wikipedia.org, look up Deism. Also, we have some regular celebrated Christians who hang out here. Just look out for Totallyatpeace, Mad_Gerbil, BigToe, and SOIL.

??? ;) What?

I am the wrong person to ask that kind of question. I crashed two of my sceince teachers computers two years ago and he still hasn't gotten over it!

Bummer..... Well, if I can find some free proxy servers (a way around filters), I will let you know.

Christian means you are Christ like. I'm tring to be a christian. You said I was ignorant because I thought there were no other christians here. just being spiritual doesn't make you a christian.

Guest Anonymous
Christian means you are Christ like. I'm tring to be a christian. You said I was ignorant because I thought there were no other christians here. just being spiritual doesn't make you a christian.

Did I say that I was trying to be a christian? No. I did not say that, so don't put me in a little box. I don't want to be a christian, I like being spiritual, if you got a problem with that then screw you. I'm sick of christians like you being so pushy about their christianity. I like not being a christian. Thank you very much.