Goodbye Jesus

I am a Christian

Ebony_Fox

That last one was only ment for Anonoymous.

I have a friend right now who believes Deism. I looked up as much as I could on it before my Computer shut me out of it. From what I understand it is the belief in the christan God with no strings attached. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest Anonymous

I don't believe in deism. I don't believe in hell or the devil. I believe in the God or Goddess, I don't know if God has a sex so I write it as God/Goddess.

I didn't mean it that way. I'm sorry Anonymous.

Listen everyone I'm getting tired here. I'm almost writing without thinking as much as I was before. Don't get too offended.

I have a friend right now who believes Deism. I looked up as much as I could on it before my Computer shut me out of it. From what I understand it is the belief in the christan God with no strings attached. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Shut you out of Deism? Do you remember what site it was?

My understanding of Deism is a Deist believes some God, not necessarily Christian God, created the universe, quite possibly with the Big Bang, and that was it. He or she is now a bystander watching nature unfold. He or she does not intervene, nor does he or she send anyone to some heaven or hell. Just strictly and observer.

I just looked it up on Google typed Deism. I read what was underneath the site names. I tried to go to one that showed the mistakes of the bible but the computer wouldn't let me on. I tried again and it took me Off the internet.

Guest Anonymous
I didn't mean it that way. I'm sorry Anonymous.

Listen everyone I'm getting tired here. I'm almost writing without thinking as much as I was before. Don't get too offended.

yeah don't worry about it, I'm sorry for calling you an ignorant christian. You just sounds very young to me, and I'm in my early twenties. That's why I don't come to these boards often, everyone just gets upset or repeats the same things over and over.

Honestly people aren't christian because it either doesn't work for them because of logical reasons or faith reasons, or just because they are sick of the hypocrisy that's in the christian churches. Its okay to believe in different things because no one knows the truth, after all no one was there the day the universe came into being and life began.

I just looked it up on Google typed Deism. I read what was underneath the site names. I tried to go to one that showed the mistakes of the bible but the computer wouldn't let me on. I tried again and it took me Off the internet.

Heh. Try Wikipedia's article.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were locked out of The Skeptic's Annotated Bible.

This is the thing I dislike about filters. They are typically politically or religiously motivated, and as such, tend to filter out competing content. Answer this: how can you come to a fair conclusion if you are disallowed from viewing competing content?

Yeah. I agree with what you said. We can't knoe for sure. But I would rather believe and find out its wrong than to not believe, die , and find out it was all true. That's how I, personally feel.

I've GTG my mother is leaving and I wanna go with! I'll be back tomorrow!

Yeah. I agree with what you said. We can't knoe for sure. But I would rather believe and find out its wrong than to not believe, die , and find out it was all true. That's how I, personally feel.

Have a good day. You are a very engaging person to speak with. You are welcome at anytime.

I will not start a christian YOUR ALL GOING TO HELL thing because that, to me, is kinda stupid. I'm just curious.

You're exactly right that it's stupid. Yet you believe in it. You believe in a religion that dictates all people who do not believe in your god are going to hell, regardless of anything they've ever been or done.

It's completely stupid. The whole 'god is love' idea is a lie. The bible says love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. If god is love there can't be any hell. If there's a hell then god can't be love.

Bottom line, It's a bogus religion made by ancient sheepherders to keep the citizens in line.

I'm sorry, but what did you mean by that?

1 Samuel 15 1-3

Every painting has it's painter, I do get alot of direction in life, and your right it sounds logical to me. God promised he would never leave me and to this day has kept his promise. I can't see him physically or anything it's just like...the feeling when you know someone is behind you even though you haven't turned around yet.

When Jesus died he went into hell and took everyone out to be with him. And the baby was already with him from the first day. There is an age of accountablity and if you are younger than that age then you are going to heaven no strings attached.

I can't find the exact verse in the bible but I know it's there.

No the verse isn't there for either idea. And that is why you can't find it.

I get different types. New king James, NIV. I do as much as I can and then write down what still bothers me and go up to my pastor or someone else more knowledgeble than me.

I am totally against abortion. No human has the right to take another humans life.

Then you are against war and capital punishment as well?

If so I admire you for consistancy.

I am a christian and I want to know why you guys turned from God? I mean God is pretty direct about who he is He says he is loving, but reminds us that he is a just God. I will not start a christian YOUR ALL GOING TO HELL thing because that, to me, is kinda stupid. I'm just curious.

I didn't turn from God. I sought God with all the seeking I could muster for nearly 3 decades. I can assure you that God is not there.

What you think is God in your encounters is your own neural chemistry. You have been taught to interpret that chemistry as ChristianGod, just as others have been taught to interpret it as Allah, or Krishna.

It is good that you have started to question. Your youth is no strike against you unless your mind is already set in stone.

Christian means you are Christ like. I'm tring to be a christian. You said I was ignorant because I thought there were no other christians here. just being spiritual doesn't make you a christian.

How do you define the attributes that makes somebody qualify as being Christ-like?

What types of churches did you go to? (Just another curious question) I just want to know you guys alittle better why you turned from God and stuff. I'm not tring to get preachey.

As for me, I was a standard (apathetic) German Lutheran until some two years ago. Then I started to read the Poetic Edda out of curiosity, and guess what - that book actually moved me deep inside. Something the bible never could. And, at least on the personal level, I have actual proof of something answering when I call out to the High Gods of my ancestors.

That was all before I even realized that the bloodthirsty spirit of the crusades and the burning times is alive and well in the 4th reich (Bush's US) - something that pretty much every German, and I guess every European, would consider absurd.

I honestly do not even know who Odin is.

Odin Allfather is the first among equals in the pantheon of the Aesir, one of the two pantheons of the ancient Germans and Vikings. As you seem to have at least some serious interest in learning about other people and other faiths, I'd like to point you to this site for some more information about Asatru (the reconstruction of the ancient faith of those people).

And I have studied some on my Bible honestly not as much as I should have.

Admitting that means a definite "plus point" for you. In my book at least.

I'm not in the position to go around buying books and traveling to foreign places. I get my info from others then look it up in the bible to see how accurate they are.

The problem with that, of course, is that if those others only point you to the bible verses supporting their claims, ignoring other verses that contradict them, you'll never know.

I do know the faults of christians,but they are only humans after all. Everyone makes mistakes. Including God's chosen.

Point taken. We may disagree on several things, but at least you don't sound like the typical fundie anencephalos. ;)

Understandable... but that is known as Pascal's Wager, and has been refuted many times. This kind of reasoning works as long as you assume that there's only two choices: believing or not believing.

But, what if you believe in the christian god because you are afraid of the consequences you mentioned above...and it turns out that, say, the muslim Allah is the true god? You may well be in a world of trouble then... :blink:

This is a bit off-topic, but the posts from Ebony-Fox are well written for someone who is pretty young... (heck, they're well written by the standards of the normal Christians we get here. Certainly makes a refreshing change)

That, by itself, has earned my respect. The contents of those posts have earned even more. (yeah, I know... CT has respect for a Christian! Shocking, innit? :P )

Pssst... It was this that gave it away.

please don't see me as one of those preacher christians. I honestly do not even know who Odin is.  And I have studied some on my Bible honestly not as much as I should have. I'm not in the position to go around buying books and traveling to foreign places. I get my info from others then look it up in the bible to see how accurate they are. I do know the faults of christians,but they are only humans after all. Everyone makes mistakes. Including God's chosen.

Whats your problem. Read your Bible. I'm not even a xtian and I've read the entire KJV Bible. If your going to give your soul to a belief based upon a book don't you think you should at least read that book. Especially if your going to come on to this website. Most of the ex-xtians in here have actually read the whole bible. Thats one reason we're ex-xtians. A xtian who hasn't even read the bible is pretty F*ck*ng pithetic.

True if the situation turned into a the baby or the mothers life I would maybe choose the mother. But that isn't for me to decide anyway. I just feel taking a babies life without even giving the poor little guy a chance at life isn't fair. Even though the baby is in the mothers womb the baby and the mother are two different people. Two different blood types, two different brains, two different hearts.

So what about life is so damm fair? Is all the slavery in the bible that biblegod and jesus support fair? Is it fair that god ordered the jews to kill every woman and child in Canan fair? Is it fair the way biblegod treated Job? Is it fair that almost every human being who ever lived will suffer in hell for eternity?

Deism is not the xtian god, just god, not the moslem god, just god, not the hindu god just god. Your not too bright are you?

What if your wrong and the Moslems are right?

Ebony, welcome hon. I think you are brave for asking your questions here among so many ex christians and still continuing, I admire that much!

I was a christain for many years and just took for face value what I was told and of course, the scriptures I read always seemd to make sense.

It was when I really began to study...and see all the contradictory things...I started to question.

If you study the history of christianity, it will help you a lot.

It's ok if you want to be a christain though! It's ok if someone does not want to be.....

I believe WE ALL deserve the respect for chosing our own belief system or non-belief system as well.

I think as you go throughout your life journey, you should continue to be who you are ....a person who asks questions. Always do that...and never accept anyone else's ideas for your life. Make your own decisions.

You have a lot of choices out there....just please give yourself the courtesy of examining things and thinking them through for you.

I have turned away from Chrisitanity and for me personally, it was the best choice I could have made for myself.

But no matter what you are told....on either side......discovering who you are takes time.....no one can make you believe or not believe...that is a process that you will go through on your own.

Take care Ebony and hope you enjoy your time here! ;)

Lisa :)