Goodbye Jesus

I am a Christian

Ebony_Fox

Ebony Fox,

Thank you for displaying such a fine attitude on this thread and for treating us with respect. I regret that I was unable to welcome you earlier. I have only gotten through a few pages of this thread.

If you stay a Christian I hope you will be an admirable one. Be light where there is darkness. If you spend your lifetime in the faith, I hope that most of all, you will simply make it your focus to love people. I wish you well.

Reach

Also, you are welcome back here at anytime if only to chat about random stuff. This isn't a non-Christians only club.

So you do believe in Love?Or do you just believe in close bonding? yes or no answer to this. Do you believe in Love. any kind of love.

Most sects of xianity teach eternal torment. Now you tell me about love.

I'm sorry to see you go Ebony_Fox.

Blessed be,

Merlin

Guest BeMuseMe
  It also speaks of him enjoying the aroma of this as well. *shudder*

Now Panther who does not like to savor the aroma of bar-b-que on the grill? And you a carnivore...I suppose you like your meat raw? ... :P:D

God is a gentleman if we don't want him to come into our lives he wont, but God does say he is a very jelious God whose anger flares when we follow another

Doesn't it seem a little odd that a god would be "jealous"? Jealous of what? He purposely hides himself, and then gets jealous and angry when people can't find him. Then when they go off and follow other belief systems, he becomes so incensed that he finally blows up in a fit of wrath and vengence so violent that he kills every living thing for miles around. That's not rational behavior even for a human, why would anyone honestly think a "god" would behave anything less than one of his own mentally unstable creations?

I think the person who wrote those particular passages about God probably had some deep rooted insecurity and anger management issues of their own, and they naturally projected those feelings onto "god" through their writing.

I wish people would see the Bible for what it really is.......utter nonesense.

Guest BeMuseMe

Chef,

Thanks for the link to The Brain and Spirituality. I have already read several of the articles and intend to read them all...very "third eye opening" stuff....

"We don't speak much of the Jews at our church just out of respect that we do not know all about the Jews as we do about ourselves."

You DO speak about "the Jews" all the time - (I'd prefer 'Jewish folks" , "the Jews" just makes it sound like we are "the aliens from outer space" and it's obvious from the way you talk about them that you and your community have low regard for Jesus's descendants. And you DO talk about "the Jews" all the time in Church, specifically Jesus but also Mary and Joseph and others.

"We don't speak much of the Jews at our church just out of respect that we do not know all about the Jews as we do about ourselves."

You DO speak about "the Jews" all the time - (I'd prefer 'Jewish folks" , "the Jews" just makes it sound like we are "the aliens from outer space" and it's obvious from the way you talk about them that you and your community have low regard for Jesus's descendants. And you DO talk about "the Jews" all the time in Church, specifically Jesus but also Mary and Joseph and others.

And just why shouldn't they talk about "the Jews" when they're in church, LM? After all, "the Jews" are God's chosen-and-extra-spectacular-special-people, aren't they? Heck, I figured "the Jews", being special an all, would love to have large groups of people talking about them. :HaHa:

How could any individual person possibly be too holey?   :rolleyes:

There's actually a really quick recipe for this. In less than 10 to 15 seconds, it is quite easy to produce a person that is too holey.

All you have to do is, hand Tocis a machine-gun and put him in a room with Goldy. In an extremely short period of time, you will know, without a doubt, that an individual can indeed be too holey.

:HaHa:

Don't start that shit again, okay?

There's actually a really quick recipe for this. In less than 10 to 15 seconds, it is quite easy to produce a person that is too holey.

All you have to do is, hand Tocis a machine-gun and put him in a room with Goldy. In an extremely short period of time, you will know, without a doubt, that an individual can indeed be too holey.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Reminds me of the time on the ESPN Boards a while ago....

AirXLiu meant to say thread, and not threat.

Sorry....what's just about to leave, but couldn't resist....

WHAT IS THE LONGEST THREAT EVER? CAN WE BREAK A WORLD RECORD??? HAHA

I'm going to strangle you, and rip out your eyeballs, and stomp on your liver, and eat your intestines, and your children will be my eternal slaves while I make your wife watch me piss all over your lungs, and kick your crotch repeatedly, and rape your sister......

JP

Dirty Deeds and they're done dirt cheap!

Dirty Deeds and they're done dirt cheap!

Concrete shoes... neckties.. HIGH VOLTAGE (DONE DIRT CHEAP)

Contracts... cyanide.. T.N.T!! (DONE DIRT CHEAP)

Merlin the Rock Star

God is a gentleman if we don't want him to come into our lives he wont, but God does say he is a very jelious God whose anger flares when we follow another

Isn't it funny how christians say things to try to convince you that they are right or to scare you into christianity but instead the things they say have the opposite effect?

Fwee, you're just a bad, bad man!

Shame! Shame, shame, shame!

:lmao:

Shame, shame, shame, indeed! How dare you, Fwee, alter my manuscript, insert your own misleading thought and your private interpretation to promote your own personal agenda? Why, I never!!!

How could any individual person possibly be too holy? :rolleyes:

I said, holy, not holey. :lmao:

Shame, shame, shame, indeed! How dare you, Fwee, alter my manuscript, insert your own misleading thought and your private interpretation to promote your own personal agenda? Why, I never!!!

Altering context? Inserting misleading interpretations? Personal agendas?

Reach, are you accusing Fwee of becoming a Christian!?

Fwee, you're just a bad, bad man!

Shame! Shame, shame, shame!

I said, holy, not holey.

Altering context? Inserting misleading interpretations? Personal agendas?

Reach, are you accusing Fwee of becoming a Christian!?

What in the world did I do to deserve all of this flaming here? This is completely out of line! Where's a Mod when you need one? Would someone please lock this thread? This is totally uncalled for! :eek::twitch::eek:

:HaHa:Reach, I'll bet that you went back and checked your post for the misspelling, didn't you? :HaHa:

Gotcha!

:P

Altering context?  Inserting misleading interpretations?  Personal agendas?

Reach, are you accusing Fwee of becoming a Christian!?  :lmao:

Neil, a tree is known by its fruit, isn't it?

:HaHa:   Reach, I'll bet that you went back and checked your post for the misspelling, didn't you?  :HaHa:

Gotcha! :P

:P And finding NO misspelling, Fwee... ahhhhhhhh... it sure feels good to be right. :lmao:

Guest Euthyphro
That was a sad story to envision Vixentrox, Noahs ark did make me mad for awhile also, but like I said God isn't just loving. I do take comfort in the knowledge that that woman and her child are in heaven right now with Jesus.

Atheist Thinker, I agree. people do need to think for themselves. Some people really make me laugh! They expect God to do everything for them and never once think for themselves. I believe God gave us a mind for a reason. He doesn't want us to be mindless. That is just what I think.

1 John 4:8

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God IS love.

1 Corinthians 13:4

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,

Exodus 20:5

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a JEALOUS God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

Exodus 34:14

Do not worship any other god, for the LORD , whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 4:24

For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 5:9

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

Deuteronomy 6:15

for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.

Deuteronomy 32:16

They made him jealous with their foreign gods and angered him with their detestable idols.

that has no understanding.

Joshua 24:19

Joshua said to the people, "You are not able to serve the LORD . He is a holy God; he is a jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and your sins.

Nahum 1:2

The LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD takes vengeance and is filled with wrath. The LORD takes vengeance on his foes and maintains his wrath against his enemies.

Your goD is incoherent.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I don't know I haven't read the entire thing through yet. I doubt if it has mistakes if it is Gods word but I don't know for myself yet.

You know, this is exactly the reason why many people (and definitely almost everyone in these forums...) came to the conclusion that the bible is just a book... because it has so many mistakes that many bad novels make more sense. :wink:

I'll warn you Ebony, the Bible is, quite possibly, the best recruiting tool Ex-C has. A hefty percentage of our members have deconverted after reading the Good Book on their own.

So true... :fdevil:

Do you guys believe in Love?

What do you think of Jesus?

What sane human being would not believe in love? :woohoo:

As for Jesus... the mythical Jesus described in the gospels is (mostly) an adorable person, "son of god" or not. Depending on how you read the gospels, he wasn't flawless either (I have seen him been called a racist for example, and the claim isn't wholly baseless), but this legendary person is in many ways a role model indeed.

Too bad that the gospels are such a small part of the bible...