Goodbye Jesus

Christanity Almost Killed Me. Literally.

Monet

Ah, a fellow Hoosier!   goodjob.gif By any chance could you PM me the name and contact info of the lawyers who are dealing with visitation issues?   My fiance could use some help in that area.

Well your story made me feel like my divorce was mild...wow! I take a weird sort of solace in that...

all I can say to you is : 1. 2. make no compromises on custody in an attempt to get wife back...its over accept it..get a pitbull attorney and go for it and spare no details about her behavior

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I've been gone for a little while. my lawyer has been kicking ass left and right in court and i've been spending so much time with my daughter. i get to spend most of every week with her! thanks again Adrianime and everyone else for all the support. last tuesday was my wife's deposition. my other lawyer and i came prepared to expose her for the lying bitch she is... but she DIDN'T FUCKING SHOW UP! i reminded her the night before, she KNEW it was supposed to be last tuesday at 1pm but get this - she called the prosecutor's office that morning and said she never got a formal letter notifying her so it got postponed! so once again, she's making herself look bad while the world waits for her to do what she wants when she wants to. BUT,

william7davis, the criminal charges that can be filed against her i was told are false reporting. and the civil charges are 13 counts of fraud (forging my name on checks) and 2 counts of theft (cleaning out my bank account at the ATMs.) there's one catch that is bittersweet for me. my lawyer talked to the prosecutor, talked about the evidence we have that shows i'm innocent and there's a loosely put together deal on the table: the state might drop the charges in exchange for me not seeking charges against my wife for false reporting, not going after the police department for misconduct. i would ALSO get a recommendation to the divorce court from the state that i was wrongfully ejected from my own house & my daughter be placed with me and i be given custody. feb. 26th is the rescheduled deposition date and although i want that bitch to be held responsible for what she did to me, getting my daughter and house back sounds like a good enough deal. I can still sue her in civil court for all the money she stole from me so its not a total injustice i guess.

Thanks for the update, Monet. What a crazy roller-coaster ride you and your little girl have been on!

I wish you all the best. I know it can be tempting to legally hammer your wife, and it's very fortunate that you weren't killed or seriously injured.

But I think your instincts are on the right track. Your first priority is to take care of that precious little girl, to protect her and yourself, and to keep both her and you as far away as possible for your nutcase mother-in-law and soon-to-be ex. They rolled the dice on a horrific situation to take you out of the equation, and fortunately, it failed.

I imagine based on the facts presented, you will get full custody of your daughter. What type of visitation rights would your ex get (some type of supervised visits, I would imagine), and will you have to obtain a restraining order to keep your soon to be ex mother-in-law at bay?

Maybe your wife is intentionally acting crazy so she doesn't have to raise the kid? The way she acts seems ridiculous. Anyways, I'm glad things are proceeding in a positive direction for you.

Keep up doing what you have to do. Once things settle down you will be so glad it is over, I'm sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Monet, how did things go on the 26th? I've been following your story. I don't have too much meaningful to add, I've never had to deal with lawyers or anything, so I've only been lurking. I would like to know how you are doing though. Best of luck to you.