The Option Of Forced Metamorphism

I've noticed something lately. I'm a tad more powerful than I was about 2 years ago.

They say speak softly and carry a big stick.

I know this woman who was once my youth group director. As I look back it, it seems obvious to me that she had no business being entrusted with my education in most matters. I told her point blank last time that I spoke with her that I believe in causality. She said something to the effect of a creator of all this. I don't know. She seems to be confusing the world as it appears with nature becoming.

I no longer mess around with certain people. I generally steer clear of them, but if they mess with me, then we're going on a motherfucking trip together. I'll get OCD pragmatic curious on your ass. I will pull you from your cocoon early little moth, and we will both be changed.

• Like 1

I know you have plenty of reason to be angry. I'm in no way trying to minimize that. But what exactly do you think you're going to accomplish with posts like this? At best you're going to alienate people.

There's this attitude built into our own redneck subculture that compells people to claim (in various forms) that "I DON'T TAKE SHIT FROM NOBODY!" Yeah, I've heard that all my life... probably said some variation of it a couple times myself. But as far as I can tell, it simply isn't true. If you're not dead, a hermit, in solitary confinement, or otherwise forcibly institutionalized... then you DO in fact 'take shit' from people. Probably on a regular basis.

I'm not too happy about that, but best I can tell that's the way it is. Why lie about it (whether that's to yourself or others)?

• Like 1

He's saying that he's no provocateur any longer.  But if someone wants to, he'll be glad to take them on the journey. 

I don't see a problem with that and it's certainly where I'm currently at.  But I'm still a baby atheist (Aug of 2012). 

• Like 1

He's saying that he's no provocateur any longer.  But if someone wants to, he'll be glad to take them on the journey. 

I don't see a problem with that and it's certainly where I'm currently at.  But I'm still a baby atheist (Aug of 2012). 

You're probably right. Legion has an odd writing style, and I think I read more hostility into his post than was actually there.

My own take is a little different. I either engage Christians or not on a case-by-case basis. If it's at work for instance - I steer clear of the subject. Nothing good can come of that IMO. Among friends and family, I base my level of engagement on what I think they're capable of dealing with. I'd LIKE to know them better, and I'd like them to know me batter. But most Christians can't handle what I reckon is the truth. And it would really hurt some of them even if they could accept it... particularly old people. So for parents, grandparents, and the like - I just let it go.

Now if we're talking about strangers, particularly those actively selling Jesus... then it often comes down to whether or not I'm in the mood for that kind of entertainment.

• Like 1

You're probably right. Legion has an odd writing style, and I think I read more hostility into his post than was actually there.

My own take is a little different. I either engage Christians or not on a case-by-case basis. If it's at work for instance - I steer clear of the subject. Nothing good can come of that IMO. Among friends and family, I base my level of engagement on what I think they're capable of dealing with. I'd LIKE to know them better, and I'd like them to know me batter. But most Christians can't handle what I reckon is the truth. And it would really hurt some of them even if they could accept it... particularly old people. So for parents, grandparents, and the like - I just let it go.

Now if we're talking about strangers, particularly those actively selling Jesus... then it often comes down to whether or not I'm in the mood for that kind of entertainment.

Yeah, I agree with all of that.   Love your point about most Christians not being able to handle your version of the truth... That's so true... It's unfortunate though, that they can't seem to befriend anyone who doesn't believe in the lord as they do.  It's a central driving force for their identity and who they want to associate with... At least most fundies are that way, imo.