Goodbye Jesus

Creationist Offers $10K To Prove Genesis Wrong

hereticzero

WTF?

If he can 'prove' his assertions then why doesn't he just do so? (umm.. cause he's full of shit?)

Nope, he has a deceptive ulterior motive in doing this, this way. Fucking christians... can't ever just join the rest of the human race.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

It all hinges on who decides which side wins. With an impartial panel that included atheists deciding the outcome, I might offer to take him up on the challenge, but not for a measly $10,000. I think he should put up at least a million since he has God on his side.

moving goalposts in 3.....2......1.....

WHO CAN PROVE EVOLUTION WRONG? (The dumb jerk.)

There is a glaring problem in the rules. They do not specify exactly what range of verses in Genesis or the version for that matter are to be construed as the story of Creation. In fact, they do not specify the claims being asserted by the story of Creation.

You can find the full text of the rules here: http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/contests/literal-genesis-trial-contest/

This is a sucker bet.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm with Boftx here except that it should be be at least a billion dollars. It's all after about whole of Creation.

Only $10k? Typical cheap-ass Christian. I bet he only leaves a Chick tract instead of a tip when he goes to restaurants, too.

Guest r3alchild

I can use the bible to make a case for an old earth and universe at least. The genisis creation account is so flimsy how can they pose it as a valied argument in the first place.

They'll never join the rest of us because they're not of this world. Don't you read your bible? LOL

WTF?

If he can 'prove' his assertions then why doesn't he just do so? (umm.. cause he's full of shit?)

Nope, he has a deceptive ulterior motive in doing this, this way. Fucking christians... can't ever just join the rest of the human race.

• Like 1

It all hinges on who decides which side wins. With an impartial panel that included atheists deciding the outcome, I might offer to take him up on the challenge, but not for a measly $10,000. I think he should put up at least a million since he has God on his side.

No Christians nor atheists on the panel. Maybe Hindus and Scientologists. :-)

I just wanted to hear how he proves snakes can talk. Debating him will be another exercise in playing chess with pidgeons.

I would like to hear how Richard Dawkins or Marjoe Gortner would take him on.

I just wanted to hear how he proves snakes can talk. Debating him will be another exercise in playing chess with pidgeons.

That's one of the problems with the rules: is the story of Eve and the snake part of the creation story? He might very well say the creation story stops on the seventh day when God rested. And I think most if not all of us know there are two stories of the creation of Man. Which one is he going to go with?

• Like 1

I would like to hear how Richard Dawkins or Marjoe Gortner would take him on.

Dawkins probably wouldn't because he's said, in the past, that he refuses to debate creationists. He'd been referring to Wm. Lane Craig but I'm sure this applies to all of them as well.

I emailed the chap and took him up on his challenge, but since my area of expertise might best be labeled as "biblical science" I informed him that I was unable to prove scientifc evolution, for this is not my area, but I could prove with textual and archaeological data that the Genesis accounts strongly argue against a literal reading. So I asked him to tweak his criteria. He was unwilling to. Too bad.